Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 73

Author Topic: Mario Kart Grand Prix- Season Two Underway  (Read 239034 times)

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Kart Grand Prix
« Reply #720 on: June 30, 2012, 10:34:28 pm »

Alright, I can definitely work with this hiccup, I rarely draft anyway. So yeah, I'll go ahead and confirm that I'm installing this on my Poltergust 4000 for the star cup.

By the way, do pass check bonuses apply to being rammed?

Dirg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: June 30, 2012, 10:37:40 pm »

I knew I was gonna get a banana magnet hiccup after Nicholas said he didn't want to be anywhere near me. Ah well, at least its not the one with a -1 to pull ahead or something.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: July 01, 2012, 08:22:33 pm »

Alright, I can definitely work with this hiccup, I rarely draft anyway. So yeah, I'll go ahead and confirm that I'm installing this on my Poltergust 4000 for the star cup.

By the way, do pass check bonuses apply to being rammed?

They do indeed.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: July 01, 2012, 09:47:52 pm »

'...Especially for me?' Fox raised an eyebrow at the lady but didn't comment, tucking the papers away in a pocket of his long-unwashed vest.
"Right, I can do that. Thanks." He looked thoughtful for a moment, then, unable to think of anything else he should be doing, shrugged.
"Well, I... Won't keep you. I'm sure you have other deadbeat kart drivers to keep in line, eh?"

He managed a weary grin at her before heading back out, a bit sad after being reminded just what a failure he was. He also felt a tad self-conscious about his disheveled appearance... Not to mention smell. He frowned as he noticed passersby wrinkling their noses as he passed, or an occasional sad look and an almost-heard mutter of "Look, it's that McCloud guy..." or "Didn't he used to be a war hero? So sad."
He straightened his back and did his best to neaten up his scarf. He was suddenly filled with an indignant determination! Even if he was an utter failure, he was determined to at least look like a pro kart racer.
He jumped into his kart and sped off, making a few quick stops on the way to the Spaceport.

>Take a shower, change into clean clothes and generally groom self, equipping a small, understated flask of whiskey before heading to the Toad Town Spaceport by 9AM.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: July 02, 2012, 01:42:44 am »

While slightly grumpy about having to work with the megalomaniac television set, having the money to fix his cart was definitely worth it. For now.

Fix Cart, rename it the Blue Falcon

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: July 02, 2012, 09:22:37 am »

Okay then, for now Silph Co will put in a sponsorship bid for 7 coins, outbidding Rez Media.

Luigi will be reimbursed at a slightly later date (once the race has completed most likely).
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: July 03, 2012, 09:39:17 am »

Outbid NME, 7 coins.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: July 03, 2012, 10:41:59 am »

Meanwhile, in Unconcia...

WAAAAAA! HOW DID WALUIGI GET HERE? :>Σ(

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: July 03, 2012, 01:35:15 pm »

MonkeyKong reclined in the shade near his kart, chewing on his last coin. It wasnt enough to repari his kart, and wasnt even enough to buy a banana with. Ahwell, he would have to use it wisely. Surley someone would be willing to place a bet on the outcome of the Star Cup race, or failing that it would at least allow him one more shot at glory shenanigans next season.
This is a blank sig.

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: July 05, 2012, 05:11:25 pm »

*cough cough*

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: July 05, 2012, 05:32:33 pm »

We'll probably get the long-awaited race start tonight.

And if not, then we'll stage a revolt by refusing to race until he posts the turn.  ;)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: July 06, 2012, 11:11:42 pm »

Meanwhile, in Unconcia...

"WAAAAAA! HOW DID WALUIGI GET HERE?" :>Σ(
"Usually by hitting themselves really hard on the head. Oh, allow me to introduce myself- I'm Psycho Iris, just your average everyday superbeing of unimaginable power, blah blah blah etceteras. Enjoying your psychic powers? You can thank me for those, by the way. So, anywho, what do you say you use those powers to, I don't know... TAKE OVER THE WORLD!?! Of racing. Take over the world of racing."
"WAAA?"

"Will he recover, doctor?"
"It's too soon to say- he took a nasty fall from that hot air balloon, and the Piranha Plant didn't help matters. I've done my best to cure the physical damage, but there's no telling if he'll ever get out of that coma."
"He's clearly in no state to run the company; I'll move immediately to remove his status as CEO of WaluigiWare."
"OBJECTION! As Mr. Waluigi's legal representative, it is my duty to inform you that the company charter explicitly says that as long as the CEO can still talk, he cannot be involuntarily stripped of his powers for medical reasons!"
"He's muttering nonsense in his sleep! The last hour he's been nattering on about hazelnuts or somesuch."
"Nevertheless, it is intelligible speech, and his words remain the guiding force of WaluigiWare Inc."
"So what, we're supposed to just hope he gives cogent advice?"
"Well, turn on MSN, maybe it'll filter through."

I was going to finish up an actual turn, but BALLS it is hot and I need to sleep. I'll try to knock it out tomorrow after work (ten hour day, no promises) but the salient points are that A) Chink and Theodolus's bids will both stand and B) I haven't heard from Phantom of the Library, and he hasn't been on the forums at all for some time, so it looks like he'll be replaced in the Star Cup by King Harkinian (if I remember my tiebreakers right- it'll be official tomorrow.)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: July 07, 2012, 11:25:50 pm »

Hello Racing Fans, and welcome to MSN's round-the-clock trackside coverage of the Star Cup, brought to you by HFS Inc, Silph Co, and Nookington's Department Store! I'm Jim!
And I'm Bob!
And we're the Lakitu brothers!
Reporting live from the Mushroom Kingdom Spaceport, home of the final race of Season One!
Everything has been leading up to this; a confrontation in the stars as the best racers the MKL have to offer duke it out for the Cup and the right to declare themselves the Champion of the Mushroom Kart League! Every racer here has tasted sweet success, but at the end of the day only one will walk away with the trophy- who will rise to the challenge, and who will crumble in the clutch? It'll all be decided in a few short hours!
Earlier today, the League Commissioner, the Sponsors, and the Racers partook in the Opening Ceremonies for the Star Cup, but there was one notable absentee- The Mysterious Mr. L, the second seed for today's very competition! A representative from Nightmare Enterprises assured us that he is merely making his characteristically showy entrance, but inside sources suggest that this is not a planned publicity stunt, but another racer disappearance!
This is especially disturbing given the state Waluigi was found in late last night- it is yet unclear whether he will recover from his grievous injuries, though it appears he remains in charge at WaluigiWare Inc.
If Mr. L does not appear before the beginning of the race, his slot in the Star Cup would default to the second place finisher at Yoshi Falls, Captain Falcon. Captain Falcon's slot as Points Second Place would default to Dry Bones, who also happened to win Driver of the Week honors. Dry Bones' Most Famous slot would become a tie between King Harkinian, Counselor Grimtoad, and Fox McCloud, and King Harkinian would claim the slot on the strength of his Career Points tiebreaker.
With that, we turn your attention out the Spaceport observation deck to Rainbow Road, the scene of our competitors coming clash!

credits to Exkirby for the bulk of the course design
Rainbow Road has a long and storied history of challenging racers who venture it's paths, and today's layout is no exception! Drivers will need all their skill to perform well here!
Racers start in the RED segment, a downhill plunge with broad Dash Panels that provide ONE Momentum and +0 to Powerslides to all racers. The combination of high speeds and no walls make for treacherous passage, however- drivers who spin out, flip, or are rammed must make a Hazard Check (+1) to avoid Falling Back! Those who survive are rewarded by a plenitude of Item Boxes (+2) at the end of the segment.
From there, they proceed to the ORANGE segment, a good old-fashioned loop de loop! The walls are up, but anyone who spins out, flips, or whose Momentum falls to 0 while on the loop must make a Hazard Check (+1) to avoid falling off the loop and Falling Back.
Out of the loop racers enter YELLOW, a broad curve that presents drivers with +1 to Powerslides. Those who take the inside track gain an automatic Pass Attempt on a successful Powerslide and do not lose Momentum if they succeed, as well as a shot at Item Boxes (+2)! However, the outside path has Dash Panels that provide ONE Momentum! This steep curve also lacks walls, and any driver who spins out, flips, or flies into the air must make a Hazard Check (+1) to avoid falling back.
Once through the curve, drivers enter the GREEN segment. Here, they must navigate through a narrow, twisting path, necessitating a mandatory Racing check (+0) to avoid losing ONE Momentum! However, Drivers with 4 or more Momentum may instead elect Take the Shortcut, a risky jump over the section. Doing so grants free Pass Attempts to any who did not jump, does not cost Momentum for passing in this fashion, and also provides a +1 bonus to Pulling Ahead, but failure to land the jump (+1 Racing Check) results in Falling Back.
BLUE is a broad, gentle curve which provides a +1 bonus to Powerslides and Driving Aggressively, and finishes up with a smattering of Item Boxes (+1, each hit imposes cumulative -1 penalty on subsequent tries.) Fortunately for the racers, this segment has protective walls up.
Finally, the course splits at PURPLE, a playful pair of paths which twist about one another on their way to the finish line. Each path is identical, but racers on one path cannot target the racers on the other with most items- raw Momentum will win the day! The walls are down here as well, so racers who spin out, flip, or are rammed must succeed on a Hazard Check (+1) or Fall Back.
Rainbow Road is a two lap race, with a projected finish time of 12 turns. Coming up next, the introduction of the racers and the start of the Star Cup! Stay tuned, racing fans!

END WEEK FOUR
Dry Bones +1 Fame
Captain Falcon -3 Coin
HFS Inc -7 Coin
Silph Co -7 Coin
Nookington's Department Store -8 Coin

Spoiler: Chink- HFS Inc (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Theodolus- Silph Co (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nightmare Enterprises (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Team Rocket (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rez Media Corporation (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Diamond Software (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Darvi- Waluigiware Inc (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Koopa Korporation (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hocotate Freight (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lakitu Travel Agency (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pappy's Pizza (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Phantom of the Library (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Taricus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nicholas1024 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Luke_Prowler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dirg (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Scelly9 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gatleos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 10ebbor10 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Remalle (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ExKirby (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spinal_Taper (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: MonkeyHead (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Yoink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: freeformscholar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: adwarf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: wsoxfan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Alchemist (click to show/hide)

Alrighty, think I got everything. If I don't hear from Phantom of the Library by tomorrow, Gatleos gets his slot. If I don't hear from him either, freeformscholar gets it. If I don't hear from him, Yoink gets it. If I don't hear from him either, I'll go cry somewhere. In any event, with the specifics of the course revealed this is last call for any Module juggling or what have you. Next update will confirm the racers and prompt for Rocket Start.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 01:02:00 am by monk12 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: July 07, 2012, 11:39:01 pm »

Remalle:  Featherweight is too risky here, so I'll have to turn down your offer.  Thanks, though!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: July 08, 2012, 12:51:26 am »

Remalle:  Featherweight is too risky here, so I'll have to turn down your offer.  Thanks, though!
Thanks for leaving me with two hiccups!  *sob*
Seriously though, pleasure doing business with you.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 73