Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 73

Author Topic: Mario Kart Grand Prix- Season Two Underway  (Read 239181 times)

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Kart Grand Prix
« Reply #855 on: July 20, 2012, 06:27:58 pm »

Hm, I doubt I can catch up to the leaders through this segment, I'll simply have to wait for the next one and hope for some luck.

Drive defensively

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: July 20, 2012, 07:05:44 pm »

Suddenly, I'm glad I kept that high accel.  What would have happen on a 7-7 tie with the shell?  It almost happened, at any rate.

Crank shook his head to clear it.  That hurt.

"Can't give up now!  Go go go!"

Is it any surprise that I'm choosing to Drive aggressively?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: July 20, 2012, 10:26:40 pm »

Defensive driving!

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: July 20, 2012, 10:55:05 pm »

((Question, since there's three banana hazards on the green segment, shouldn't Zelda have needed individual hazard checks against all three of them before pulling ahead?))
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 10:58:20 pm by Nicholas1024 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: July 20, 2012, 10:56:22 pm »

I... think she just needs to dodge the group, but the group's good for three hits.  Shells are different since they move.

She also should have checked at -1 thanks to aggressive driving, but it's still a success anyway.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: July 20, 2012, 11:08:40 pm »

((Yah, I'm pretty sure you only have to check for the group))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: July 21, 2012, 10:02:24 am »

((Question, since there's three banana hazards on the green segment, shouldn't Zelda have needed individual hazard checks against all three of them before pulling ahead?))

Yeah, it's one check vs the group, precedent set here. The number of bananas indicates how long the Hazard persists. I'm not entirely satisfied with it since it should be a more difficult hazard with multiple bananas, but a 1:1 penalty:banana ratio would be terrible and result in many hiccups. Next season I might make it a 1:2 ratio, see how that goes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: July 21, 2012, 12:54:29 pm »

Maybe a -1 to the check for every two bananas?

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: July 21, 2012, 09:53:25 pm »

Drive aggressively and Ram!
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: July 22, 2012, 09:56:41 pm »

Rainbow Road- Turn Twelve

1st      2nd      3rd      4th      5th     6th

Action Phase

"Can't give up now!  Go go go!"

Is it any surprise that I'm choosing to Drive aggressively?

Victory is so close, but Zelda is just behind! Crank slams on the accelerator, gaining ONE Momentum from his High Acceleration module as he begins driving up the gentle BLUE curve, [6]+1 keeping his calm despite the intense pressure and carving an inch-perfect path on the very edge of Rainbow Road! Crank gains FOUR Momentum and a -1 Penalty to Hazard Checks as he rockets forward!

Powerslide and grab an item box. That gooma is getting sent to the mushroom farm!

Princess Zelda sees Crank start speeding away as he quickly recovers from the Blue Shell- but he'll have to work harder than that to keep ahead of Zelda! She goes into a Powerslide, [3]+1 gaining a +1 bonus to Pass Checks! She is dismayed to see Crank rapidly return to his high velocities, however, preventing a pass attempt!

Hm, I doubt I can catch up to the leaders through this segment, I'll simply have to wait for the next one and hope for some luck.

Drive defensively

Back in GREEN, Luigi elects to Drive Defensively through the sharp corners and hope for the best!

Drive aggressively and Ram!

The Mysterious Mr. L is momentarily divided between taking an aggressive line that could help him advance up the Leaderboard and taking a line that would let him Ram his opposition, but not for long- he Drives Aggressively! [1] But not wisely! He pinballs down GREEN, losing ONE Momentum from the incidental contact with the protective walls!

Defensive driving!

The cautious Captain Falcon also elects to Drive Defensively, biding his time!

(Who kept complaining that the range hated them again?) DB shook his head saddened by how horrible he was doing this last leg of the race. Not even the powerful music of Journey could get him out of this hole. His bones ached, his tank was damaged but thankfully nothing that couldn't be buffed out. "Screw it, whatever happens I will not be last!" DB said hammering the gas as hard as he could looking for even the smallest thing to give him a speed advantage. DRIVE AGGRESSIVELY NORMAL PATH.

Dry Bones is determined not to be Mr. Insignificant, and pushes the Dry Bomber to its limits! [4] He gains ONE Momentum and takes a -1 Penalty to Hazard Checks as he races ahead!

Movement Phase

Crank is blazing up BLUE- in fact, he has a chance to Pull Ahead and seal his victory! [2]-1 His overzealousness costs him, however, as his wheels nearly slip over the edge of the road! Crank recovers, but not before losing ONE Momentum!

Zelda is following Crank, hoping for a good item to level the playing field going into the home stretch!

Luigi [6]+1+1 has zero problems avoiding the bananas strewn about GREEN, [5] and expertly navigates the corners, losing no Momentum!

The Mysterious Mr. L [6]+1 has similar success with the bananas, [6] and not only does he avoid losing Momentum in the sharp corners, but actually gains ONE Momentum as he picks a perfect path!

Captain Falcon, [1]+1+1 despite his best efforts, cannot avoid the bananas in his path! He spins out, losing ONE Momentum as he skids through the sharp corners! [5] He recovers quickly, however, taking an excellent line through the remainder of the segment!

Dry Bones [4]+1-1-1 has his charge cut short by the yellow menace on the track! He Spins Out, losing ONE Momentum [1] and crashing straight into a wall, losing ONE Momentum more!

Cleanup Phase

Crank aims at an Item Box in BLUE, [4]+1-1 hitting one [1] and snagging a Banana! He begins dragging it behind his Kart!

Zelda lines up on an Item Box, [3]+1-1 but is enraged to see Crank slide over and take the one she was aiming at!

Leaderboard

Spoiler: The Mysterious Mr. L (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Captain Falcon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crank (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Zelda (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Luigi (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dry Bones (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Course Info (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Toaster
Suddenly, I'm glad I kept that high accel.  What would have happen on a 7-7 tie with the shell?  It almost happened, at any rate.

Defenders win ties- thus, you would have dodged the shell. Under normal circumstances, the only way to dodge the Blue Shell is to Drive Defensively and dodge with a 6 while it rolls a 1 on attack, which is a 2.77% dodge rate. You almost beat the odds, though!

I was a bit surprised nobody tried to take the jump in Green, but twice burned quadruple shy, I suppose. Just as a heads up, I'm heading to a family camping trip tomorrow, so the update will likely be delayed another day. Suspense and all that jazz, right?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: July 22, 2012, 10:03:29 pm »

Aggressive driving, follow that bastard if it's possible to ram him, if not, onto the other path instead!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: July 22, 2012, 10:08:21 pm »

Well, the top two slots are effectively out of my reach now. I can still make the podium though, I simply need to avoid mistakes.

Powerslide through, and take the left path in case I can pull ahead.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 10:28:00 pm by Nicholas1024 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: July 22, 2012, 10:09:48 pm »

Finish line is in sight.  Only one more section to go... but Zelda was coming up fast behind...

Go RIGHT.  Drop that banana and prepare to RAM anyone trying to steal a victory.

Dirg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: July 22, 2012, 11:22:35 pm »

(I swear, the rng doesn't just hate me right now, its got some sick sadistic pleasure in my misery.) DB sighed as he eased his foot slightly off the gas. Dreams of champagne and beautiful women where becoming just that, dreams. "Well, better at least put in a little effort so my loss of contract isn't completely justified." he mumbled. DRIVE AGGRESSIVELY

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: July 22, 2012, 11:23:06 pm »

Rotten luck may have plagued him this race, but Captain Falcon wasn't about to give up. First place may not be possible, but he could still place on the podium.

Aggressive Driving

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 73