Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 73

Author Topic: Mario Kart Grand Prix- Season Two Underway  (Read 239153 times)

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Kart Grand Prix- Crank, Champion of Season One!
« Reply #915 on: August 02, 2012, 08:30:59 pm »

An extra race seems like the sensible thing. That or expand the number of racers in each race by 1. That would allow for 3 or 4 more racers, covering the current gap and giving you a little bit of padding. That said, I'm in this as a sponsor for the long haul so it doesn't really effect me much.

Silf Co. would like to sponsor the opening race of next season.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #916 on: August 03, 2012, 05:23:10 am »

I'd like another shot.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: August 06, 2012, 09:25:57 am »

Yeah, lets open another race and get a new season started. :)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: August 06, 2012, 10:00:34 am »

I should totally renegotiate with Nookington.  I'm making them money hand over fist- I need a bigger slice of the pie.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: August 06, 2012, 02:10:49 pm »

I'll sign up for another race in whichever slot I may end up. Especially with the new sponsor deals...

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: August 06, 2012, 02:13:38 pm »

Still in

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #921 on: August 06, 2012, 04:09:34 pm »

KIRBY RALLY IS NOW A THING.
Spoiler: Kirby Rally (click to show/hide)

I could probably retire and make ALL the tracks if I wanted to.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: August 06, 2012, 04:13:04 pm »

I like it, ExKirby!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Kart Grand Prix
« Reply #923 on: August 08, 2012, 11:37:15 pm »

...while Diddy Kong took home the gold for the Kremisphere.
Now, developments from the MKL scene! In an unexpected move, Pappy of Pappy's Pizza has announced a sponsorship deal struck with Counselor Grimtoad!
Momma Mia! I'm-a so glad to have-a this chance to help a real great-a racer.
The deal is reputedly worth Three Coin up front with Two Coin promised for every victory- not a great deal, but sufficient to repair Grimtoad's Kart for his next race.
In other contract news, although Team Rocket exercised their opt-out clause in their deal with Dry Bones, they have since renegotiated a new contract more favorable to Team Rocket. While Dry Bones is still bound to the contract by a 5 Coin Guarantee, Team Rocket is free to sever the contract at any time.
Rumors abound that Nookington's is in negotiations with Crank to lock up his services more thoroughly, as his current contract has no Guarantee at all. And as expected, after another strong showing in the Cup Princess Zelda is receiving advances from multiple Sponsors hoping to sign the lucrative free agent.

Slander CEO- [1]
In other news, Proton, the CEO of Rocket Racing issued a series of statements accusing the President of Silph. Co of falsely accusing Dry Bones of cheating in the recent Star Cup.
Since no proof of the truth of these allegations has surfaced, the Commissioner has largely written it off as yet another squabble in the Silph/Rocket rivalry, stating that there will be no further investigation of the matter.

Cultivate Image- [3]
On a lighter note, the recently released rap album featuring MKL racer and Hyrulian royalty King Harkinian has met mixed reviews. To quote one reviewer, his "ill rhymes are dope, for a fairy-[friendly]." Though it has met some critical acclaim, its commercial success has been limited, failing to expand much beyond the fans Harkinian already attracted through his racing.

Finally, the Mushroom Kart Commissioner announced new details regarding Season Two of the new-era MKL!
Each race will feature 7 racers, with adjustments forthcoming for the point totals and Item probabilities. Although seeding for each race has not been released, the Commissioner did briefly discuss the format for the Chase for the Shell Cup.
First, the Crown Invitational will be comprised of the most Famous Kart racers, with tiebreaker going to Time since Last Race and Points, in that order. The Crown Invitational will be the second race of the year.
Next, the Underdog Open will be populated with rookies and the most Famous racers who did not qualify for the Crown, with tiebreaker going to Points and Time since Last Race, in that order. The Underdog Open will be the opening race of the Season.
Finally, the Comeback Open will be populated with those who have not raced in the longest, with tiebreakers going to Points and Fame, in that order. The Comeback Open will be the final race of the regular season.
Details on the seventh seed in the Shell Cup have not been released yet- speculation abounds, with the most common theories being that the seventh seed will go to the second most Famous driver, or that it will be a lottery or otherwise random drawing to determine eligibility. The only hard deadline for this information to be released is the start of the first race.
Speaking of the first race, there has already been a bit of bidding on the Underdog Open. Silph Co placed the first bid at 6 Coin, but shortly thereafter WaluigiWare placed a 7 Coin bid on the race. No other Sponsors have expressed interest in the race, so now we will see whether Silph Co is willing to place an 8 Coin bid to secure the sponsorship.
Perhaps most interesting was the announcement that Drivers may now equip Two Modules per race.
That's right, Jim! Despite pushback from several of the smaller Sponsors who claim such a move endangers the competitive ability of their drivers, money talks, and the notion is too popular with fans to ignore. The long-term impact on the sport is difficult to foresee at this point; it will be interesting to see how it plays out during the Season.
That's it for this hour on MSN- you can follow us over to MSN2 or stay tuned to this station for coverage of the Track and Field events of the Interdimensional Olympics, where Tifa Lockheart of Gaia is expected to provide a stiff challenge to Roy the Red Yoshi, the current world record holder of the long distance marathon.
Until next time, this has been MSN!

Team Rocket -5 Coin
Rez Media -5 Coin
Counselor Grimtoad +3 Coin

KIRBY RALLY IS NOW A THING.
Spoiler: Kirby Rally (click to show/hide)

I could probably retire and make ALL the tracks if I wanted to.

Dang, I really do like that track. Like, I think I'll make Blue a +1 Powerslide to tempt people, maybe toss in an Item Box, but otherwise I'm not gonna touch it.

If you do another race and need racers, I'll drop in.

Absolutely need racers? No, the season's not going to wait for one more racer. But there is a slot open, so feel free to write up a character quick and drop in anyway! :D

I'm fine with an extra race.

And while I'm here...

Fix that kart!

Oh right.

Luigi -3 Coin

Alrighty then! I've still got a few pm's unanswered, *cough*TOASTER*coughcough*TARICUS*coughwheeze*  so hopefully I'll have heard from them by the time I finalize the seeding for next season. As mentioned above, I'm not sure how I'm going to seed the new slot in the Shell Cup- I'm currently torn between just adding Second Most Famous (much like I had Second Points Leader,) and having a random lottery of all non-qualifying racers, or having a fan vote or something. Or just leaving it a 6 man race. What all do you think?

I'll give the racers time to respond to their pms, and Theodolus time to decide whether to out-bid Waluigiware. Barring anything unforeseen, we'll knock out another update and get next season underway!

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: August 08, 2012, 11:41:07 pm »

Looks good, and it's nice to see this thing getting underway again.

A quick question, can you equip two of the same module type, or do they have to be two different modules?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: August 08, 2012, 11:44:06 pm »

Looks good, and it's nice to see this thing getting underway again.

A quick question, can you equip two of the same module type, or do they have to be two different modules?

You can technically equip two of the same module, but the effects do not stack in much the same way identical Hiccups do not stack. So, at this point there's pretty much no reason to double up since Modules can't be disabled mid-race, which actually dang that should probably be a Hiccup of some kind. Hm. I'll consider it when I'm no longer tired.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: August 08, 2012, 11:44:18 pm »

Well, I'll save you the trouble of opening the PM menu and reply to both of them here:

Burn the sponsorship offers! BURN!

Buy a high acceleration module. -3 Coin
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: August 09, 2012, 01:19:09 am »

(I like the idea of a player-decided spot in the finals.)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: August 09, 2012, 08:56:07 am »

Fix that kart!

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: August 09, 2012, 12:03:34 pm »

Silph Co will put in a bid at 8 coins for the first race of the season. Once the race is secure they'll work on putting together a new advertising campaign playing up to their demographic, and involving their two sibling racers of course.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 73