Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73

Author Topic: Mario Kart Grand Prix- Season Two Underway  (Read 239169 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Kart Grand Prix- Season Two Underway
« Reply #1065 on: September 22, 2012, 02:04:02 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: September 22, 2012, 02:37:48 pm »

(Whoops)

Captain Falcon was distracted by one of the dials on his Kart's dash board before remembering he was still in the race. Had this been the final lap he would be ending with an embarrassing third. With his fully stocked arsonal, Captain Falcon decides now is the time for mayhem.

Launch Green Shell at Shy Guy, Aggressive Driving

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: September 22, 2012, 02:44:16 pm »

drag fake item box behind me, drive aggressively

LAAT501legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: September 22, 2012, 03:17:40 pm »

Oh, so there are bananas on the track? Then I shall add more!
Drop all the bananas and drive defensively
This isn't reality.
THIS IS DWARF FORTRESS!!
*kicks an elf into the pit*
Roll to be a BATTLE WIZARD

The Alchemist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: September 22, 2012, 10:14:06 pm »

(Darn 1 away from a thunderbolt, oh well)
Conker had heard about these stars and briefly wondered if he could brew it into scotch. Until he realized that it was likely his only chance to victory. Conker uses the Star, cranks up the music, and Drives aggressively. It's all or nothing for me now.
Well...we're both drowning, he was drunk the whole time...this was a success!
- Me after completing a game of Red November.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: September 22, 2012, 10:18:40 pm »

((Quick Turn: Olimar Drafts Pikachu))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: September 23, 2012, 08:16:01 am »

Action: Oomph drafts Olimar!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: September 25, 2012, 01:50:25 am »

AGGRESSIVE driving! Use Blooper!
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: September 25, 2012, 06:03:26 am »

((Eeesh, I forgot about this! What's new, how many races have happened since I last posted and, most importantly, did I miss my race? :-\))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: September 25, 2012, 10:21:48 am »

((Eeesh, I forgot about this! What's new, how many races have happened since I last posted and, most importantly, did I miss my race? :-\))
Idem

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: September 27, 2012, 09:12:17 am »

Will-a Eario Be in-a da racing?
If-a not He will continue to cleaning-a the field after-a each race.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: October 02, 2012, 09:09:06 pm »

Kirby Rally- Turn Ten

1st      2nd       3rd       4th       5th     6th      7th      8th

Action Phase

Oh, so there are bananas on the track? Then I shall add more!
Drop all the bananas and drive defensively

Meta Knight begins Driving Defensively as he prepares to drop his banana! Unfortunately, he can only deploy one Item per turn, but at least his Inventory will free up!

Drop Fake Item Box

Drive...Aggresively, but watch for those bananas! If possible, aim for item box

Shy Guy realizes that time is running out- he needs to start closing the gap on Meta Knight, despite the risk! [3] However, the headwinds are too strong, pushing him this way and that despite his best efforts- he gains no Momentum as he suffers a -1 Penalty to Hazard Checks! He prepares to drop his FIB to hold off his pursuers!

(Whoops)

Captain Falcon was distracted by one of the dials on his Kart's dash board before remembering he was still in the race. Had this been the final lap he would be ending with an embarrassing third. With his fully stocked arsonal, Captain Falcon decides now is the time for mayhem.

Launch Green Shell at Shy Guy, Aggressive Driving

Captain Falcon draws on his years of combat experience, lining up a shot on Shy Guy and launching his Green Shell! [3]+1-1vs[1]-1 The expertly launched projectile slams into the tailpipe of Shy Guy, causing him to flip as he loses TWO Momentum and suffers critical Kart damage! [4] The force of the impact warps the delicate Onboard Star Drive, causing raw Stardust to begin leaking from the Kart- as any Mushroom Kingdom Mechanic can tell you, raw Stardust is highly attractive to banana peels, and Shy Guy is now a Banana Magnet!

Seeing his opportunity, Captain Falcon begins flogging his Kart for speed, [2] but finds he has used too much time lining up the perfect shot- his chance to move ahead is wasted as he suffers a -1 Penalty to Hazard Checks!

drag fake item box behind me, drive aggressively

Pikachu looks to take advantage of Captain Falcon's caution, [2] but the lightweight Pokemon is buffeted by the strong winds on the segment, ruining his attempts to hold a straight line! He takes a -1 Penalty to Hazard Checks as he holds on to his Fake Item Box!

((Quick Turn: Olimar Drafts Pikachu))

Olimar ducks into the slipstream of Pikachu, looking for an opportunity to pass the Pokemon! After building up a little speed, he makes his move, [4]+2+1vs[4]+1 easily passing Pikachu and taking hold of Fourth Place!

Action: Oomph drafts Olimar!

Oomph joins the Pikachu Conga Line, darting in behind Olimar! As Olimar pulls away, Oomph follows in an attempt to pass Pikachu! [2]+1+1vs[1]+1 He squeaks by the Pokemon claiming Fifth Place and losing no Momentum!

AGGRESSIVE driving! Use Blooper!

Link fires his new and improved Blooper, spattering the windshields of the drivers ahead with Ink and imposing a -1 Penalty to pretty much everything until the end of turn Eleven! Link puts the pedal to the metal, [4] and his Invincible Kart cuts through the wind like a plumber through goombas, gaining ONE Momentum and taking a -1 Penalty to Hazard Checks!

(Darn 1 away from a thunderbolt, oh well)
Conker had heard about these stars and briefly wondered if he could brew it into scotch. Until he realized that it was likely his only chance to victory. Conker uses the Star, cranks up the music, and Drives aggressively. It's all or nothing for me now.

Seeing the wonders the Star has done for Link, Conker quickly activates his own, becoming INVINCIBLE and bursting forward with TWO Momentum! He drives aggressively, [4] following Link's lead and picking up another ONE Momentum while taking a -1 Penalty to Hazard Checks!

Movement Phase

Meta Knight retains his lead, conservatively Driving Defensively, but not-so-conservatively dropping his Banana to foil the drivers behind him!

Shy Guy [5]-1-1-1-1 has no chance to avoid the Banana as it is sucked straight into his wheels, spinning him out and losing ONE Momentum!

Captain Falcon curses as Shy Guy's Fake Item Box falls to the track, [3]-1-1 and is unable to avoid it, flipping and losing TWO Momentum!

Olimar moves to pass Captain Falcon! [2]+2-1vs[6]-1-1 By some miracle of maneuvering, Captain Falcon keeps in front of Olimar's Kart, holding him at bay!

Oomph lacks the Momentum to pass Olimar!

Pikachu lacks the Momentum to pass Oomph!

Link has ALL KINDS of Momentum, and no Blooper Ink to worry about! [3]+5vs[5]+1-1 He has no trouble ramming Pikachu out of the way, who loses TWO Momentum and his Item Box, while Link takes Sixth Place and loses ONE Momentum! He sets his sights on Oomph, [1]+4vs[2]+1-1 more or less blundering into the Koopa and taking Fifth Place! Olimar is no easy meat, however, and Link carefully lines up his attack- [4]+3vs[1]+2-1 the surprised Spaceman is in no position to repel the unexpected assault, flipping and losing TWO Momentum as Link loses ONE Momentum on his way to Fourth Place! Ahead is Captain Falcon, reeling from the Fake Item Box, [1]+2vs[2]-1-1 and he can't stop Link's charge as the Hyrulian takes Third Place and loses One Momentum! Link drives on, hoping his Momentum can take him one place closer, past the puttering Shy Guy! [4]+1vs[6]-1-1 Amazingly, Link completes the pass, losing his last bit of Momentum as he claims SECOND PLACE!

Conker looks ahead at the carnage wrought by Link- he should be able to clean up! Pikachu, [2]+4vs[3]-1-1 Oomph, [6]+3vs[2]-1-1 Olimar, [5]+2vs[6]+0-1 and Captain Falcon [3]+1vs[4]-3-1 are all once more sent flipping as Conker blasts through, spending all FOUR Momentum in his own charge to FOURTH PLACE!

Cleanup Phase

Meta Knight begins dragging a Banana behind his Kart as he takes aim at the limited Item Boxes here, [4]+2+1-1 picking one out at his leisure [10] and adding a Triple Banana to his Inventory!

Link speeds back up to ONE Momentum as he recovers from his reckless surge forward, and his Invincibility wears off! He takes aim at an Item Box [2]+2-1-1 but fails to connect!

Shy Guy recovers from his crashtacular turn, returning to ONE Momentum! He lines up on an Item Box, [3]+2-1-1-1 just missing his target!

Conker asserts his new position in the pack, setting his Momentum to ONE. He tries for one of the scattered Item Boxes, [3]+2-1-1 but is unable to grab the elusive cube!

Captain Falcon begins dragging his Triple Banana behind his Kart as he regains the track, returning to ONE Momentum! He stretches for an Item Box, [3]+2-1-1-1 but falls short of sweet sweet itemy goodness!

Olimar picks himself up, getting back to ONE Momentum as he goes for an Item Box! [6]+2-1-1 He nails his Item Box, [5]+10+2 picking up a valuable Mushroom! The shortcut looms ahead- will he take the risk, or play it safe?

Oomph regains the track, returning to ONE Momentum and striving for the rapidly diminishing quantity of Item Boxes! [5]+2-2-1 He barely manages to snag the last one, [5]+12 also receiving a Mushroom and facing the same difficult choice as Olimar!

Pikachu, regrettably, has no chance at an Item as they are now all gone! Hopefully Olimar and Oomph both take a dip in the drink this next segment.

LEADERBOARD

Spoiler: Captain Falcon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Olimar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Meta Knight (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Conker (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pikachu (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shy Guy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Oomph (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Link (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Course Info (click to show/hide)

You've missed nothing, as various IRL factors on my end have lowered my update speed to a pace more commonly associated with glaciers, plate tectonics, or the development of Half-Life Episode 3.

Will-a Eario Be in-a da racing?
If-a not He will continue to cleaning-a the field after-a each race.

If you're signing up to race, by all means, I'll get you in next race! Whenever that occurs, anyway.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: October 02, 2012, 09:14:00 pm »

((You know, from an outside perspective, the outcome of the races seems highly dependant on how high everyone rolls. But after examining the rules for a bit, it seems less about rolling the dice and more about manipulating the odds to your advantage. Like a vastly more complicated version of Rumi.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: October 02, 2012, 09:29:50 pm »

((All the math is beyond me. All I know is I've been stuck at one momentum for the entire race.))

Action: Aggressive Driving! Use Mushroom! Hit the SHORTCUT!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: October 02, 2012, 09:40:17 pm »

((You know, from an outside perspective, the outcome of the races seems highly dependant on how high everyone rolls. But after examining the rules for a bit, it seems less about rolling the dice and more about manipulating the odds to your advantage. Like a vastly more complicated version of Rumi.))

Is generally what I was going for. My inspiration was more Blood Bowl, which I had just started playing at the inception of this RTD. It seems like the game will go to whoever rolls the best, but really it will favor whoever is best at risk management. I'm not sure (well, false, I know I haven't) achieved as clean a design as I'd like, but at least I know the system can't be gamed to where you can spam a single action and expect to win.

((All the math is beyond me. All I know is I've been stuck at one momentum for the entire race.))

Which is not to say that horrible luck can't still screw you :P
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73