Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: when i grow up i wanna be a fireball!  (Read 3107 times)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: when i grow up i wanna be a fireball!
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2015, 02:37:51 pm »

It was tricky to pull off, but I once made flaming bats.  The trick was to give their hair a low ignite point and a high heatdam point, make the rest of their body materials immune to fire, and make their hair grow quickly.  Their hair would spontaneously combust and then continue to burn without damaging any vital organs.

Unfortunately, they would react to the fire as if it would harm them (I guess the game determines heat to be harmful if it is damaging to any of their body materials, even if they are not vital for the creature's survival) which meant they would never move.

Remuluson

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:EDITING_TOO_MUCH:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2015, 12:18:52 pm »

you didn't use a genned world made before you messed with the raws did you?

Because those worlds copy the raws that in the state they were before anything is changed so if you mess with the raws you have to gen a new world for the changes to take effect.
STUPID MEE
[ETHICS:FEAR_SOCKMASTRERS:REQUIRED]
[ETHICS:HAVING_TOO_MUCH_ETHICS:REQUIRED]

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2015, 10:46:53 pm »

It was tricky to pull off, but I once made flaming bats.  The trick was to give their hair a low ignite point and a high heatdam point, make the rest of their body materials immune to fire, and make their hair grow quickly.  Their hair would spontaneously combust and then continue to burn without damaging any vital organs.

Unfortunately, they would react to the fire as if it would harm them (I guess the game determines heat to be harmful if it is damaging to any of their body materials, even if they are not vital for the creature's survival) which meant they would never move.

that's actualy pretty clever. oh well......doing that for a playable adventuring race would be nice....
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!
Pages: 1 [2]