Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21

Author Topic: What is your signature weapon?  (Read 97158 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: What is your signature weapon?
« Reply #225 on: October 07, 2014, 10:22:13 am »

I threw individual bees at a FB yesterday.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 07, 2014, 11:21:07 am »

Halberd. Takes limbs off like a battleaxe, stabs through chitinous exoskeleton like a spear.

Always my favorite. 

Stats compare better to a greataxe than a battleaxe, but somewhere in between there.  For the things that are hard to dismember, a few thrusts should be enough to wound major organs and have them bleeding out.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 07, 2014, 11:25:26 am »

I don't know why, but I love halberds. They're just so... Useful.

Also, I've noticed that halberds use the Hammer skill.

When you bash with them, you mean?  I have not noticed this, and they certainly do not use it when you slash or thrust.  They definitely train my axe skill most of the time, but I have not run an empirical test with their other use modes.

lowbart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 07, 2014, 01:30:55 pm »

When you bash with them, you mean?  I have not noticed this, and they certainly do not use it when you slash or thrust.  They definitely train my axe skill most of the time, but I have not run an empirical test with their other use modes.

Yeah, halberds definitely use the axe skill for edged attacks. I've played 90% of this adventurer with a halberd and he went from Accomplished to Grand Master axeman. It's possible that bashing uses the hammer skill though. I know that crossbows do. Most misc objects use "striking" but actually it would make sense since the attack command is "strike [enemy] with [item]" vs "bash [enemy] with pommel of [weapon]" when using a halberd, sword, bow, etc.

"Are you there, gods? It's me, Mistêm."
Quote from: Boatmurdered
Guerilla Burialgears absently tucks the child's rock into his pack and turns to leave for good; his head hung low. His words trail behind him as he disappears over the ridge. It is a haunting whisper, quickly stolen away by the wind: "All burn..."

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 07, 2014, 01:37:23 pm »

Yeah, halberds definitely use the axe skill for edged attacks. I've played 90% of this adventurer with a halberd and he went from Accomplished to Grand Master axeman. It's possible that bashing uses the hammer skill though. I know that crossbows do. Most misc objects use "striking" but actually it would make sense since the attack command is "strike [enemy] with [item]" vs "bash [enemy] with pommel of [weapon]" when using a halberd, sword, bow, etc.
The weapons is still a sword.  Its different smashing a face with the hilt of a sword than with the pommel of a halbred or the head of a hammer.  Its the same style of attack, namely aimed at causing blunt damage, but the movements and even the mental process behind using that attack would be different.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

lowbart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 07, 2014, 01:47:26 pm »

I just tested it ingame, bashing with the handle/pommel/whatever of a halberd uses your axe skill.

Just for the hell of it here's my favorite halberd. I stole it from the tomb of a lawgiver of the civ neighboring mine, on the 200th anniversary of his ascension to the position. It must have been made specially for him because it's decorated with a picture of his coronation. Despite all the gems and gneiss it's conveniently light, only weighs 9 urists.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 01:58:25 pm by lowbart »
Guerilla Burialgears absently tucks the child's rock into his pack and turns to leave for good; his head hung low. His words trail behind him as he disappears over the ridge. It is a haunting whisper, quickly stolen away by the wind: "All burn..."

Kingbodz

• Bay Watcher
  • a bayonet wielded by the hand of God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 07, 2014, 03:00:24 pm »

My signature weapon is a chest filled with corpses or the arrows/bolts of enemy archers thrown back at them. Legendary throwing FTW!
Known as Redblaze3000 on BYOND

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 07, 2014, 03:08:52 pm »

My signature weapon is a chest filled with corpses

Speaking of which, I use a bag of heads whenever I run into something too big or strong to take down on my own.

- Sever head at neck
- Collect and put in bag
- Dump bag of heads next to dangerous megabeast
- Animate

lowbart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 07, 2014, 03:26:20 pm »

That is genius.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 07, 2014, 03:28:45 pm »

How heavy does said bag get?
PKs DF Mod!

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 07, 2014, 03:31:05 pm »

Swords n' Knives. Best weapons.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 07, 2014, 03:32:10 pm »

Bad of undead heads to gnaw on your enemy is the most badass fantasy concept I ever encountered.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 07, 2014, 04:49:11 pm »

An even better strategy: instead of emptying the bag, THROW THE BAG AT YOUR ENEMIES.
From experience, body parts can be animated in containers.
I learned this the hard way.
I had the corpse of a night troll in my backpack, strayed into an animating biome, and had to kill it more.
I killed it two times as a zombie.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 07, 2014, 05:55:57 pm »

How heavy does said bag get?

Significantly less heavy than the dude a few pages back who was swinging dragon corpses at people.  I dont actually know, but with superhuman and vamperic strength, it hasn't ever gotten heavy enough to slow me down.

I dont think I've ever had more than 10 human sized heads and necks in there at a time, though.

Kingbodz

• Bay Watcher
  • a bayonet wielded by the hand of God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 07, 2014, 06:40:08 pm »

Are bags and chests still hammerspace? Because slabs in a metal chest would be the most Overpowered thing ever.
Known as Redblaze3000 on BYOND
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21