Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21

Author Topic: What is your signature weapon?  (Read 95988 times)

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
Re: What is your signature weapon?
« Reply #270 on: November 22, 2014, 05:37:03 pm »

In DF 2012, I always used to go unarmed. Specifically, I went legged. I would kick everyone around in the gut until they were stuck retching and vomiting on the ground. Then, I went around kicking their skulls in one by one.

In DF 2014, skulls got a bit tougher and kicks got a bit slower, so I use actual weapons.

Swords: I use these often for their versatility. You can slash, stab, and pommel strike, one of every kind of basic attack. Jack of all trades, master of none sort of thing.

Spears: I love these against all normal enemies. You just walk up and start stabbing! Each stab is likely to impale organs and break bones if you hit a small bony part, like a hand or foot. They also cause a ton of bleeding.

Warhammers: Definitely my signature. You break one bone and most creatures are down. They are the ONLY weapon for non-flesh creatures, but can slaughter fleshy ones just the same. Also good against armored opponents, and very easy to knock someone out with but not have to kill him. Also, they just sound so cool.

Always paired with a shield and with a dagger ready to draw, these are my signatures. I also enjoy kicking and biting when I'm disarmed.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 22, 2014, 07:08:33 pm »

I'm using a large bronze dagger (my dwarf civ literally doesn't have copper.) and an iron short sword. Slash at the head, then stab the upper body.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Rapozk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 23, 2014, 05:14:21 am »

In DF 2012, I always used to go unarmed. Specifically, I went legged. I would kick everyone around in the gut until they were stuck retching and vomiting on the ground. Then, I went around kicking their skulls in one by one.

I became a vampire once, when I had highest possible strength, decided to kill beasts, such as minotaurs etc. Ended up loosing both arms. Decided to kill as many civilians I could, almost kicked the head of everyone in the entire keep, was near invincible. 

Edit: I am still wondering, If I carry a bucket of Lava, can I use it to throw at people?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 05:18:13 am by Rapozk »

draeath

• Bay Watcher
  • So it has come to this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 23, 2014, 12:49:29 pm »

I was going for dagger and spear to impale enemies and then slash their throats.

It wasn't very efficient, clothes deflected dagger. I'm going to try sword and spear next time. Or stun them with lash and then finish with sword.

I did the same thing. Then I realized something. Daggers are not for slashing.

A dagger is a knife fighting weapon with a very sharp point designed or capable of being used as a thrusting or stabbing weapon.
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.
This kea is so raw it stole my wheelbarrow!

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 23, 2014, 01:14:22 pm »

Yeah, it's best to only stab with a dagger. Just stab once at the the neck and they'll start bleeding out.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 23, 2014, 01:39:09 pm »

whips, althought i havent got the thing right with them, always go for the upper and lower body in order to make them drop their weapons/shields and then go for the head. the problem is in many cases that they block with shield or parry.

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 23, 2014, 02:35:42 pm »

Halberds, they're just plain bad-ass and can both cut them down and pierce their lungs!

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 23, 2014, 08:00:09 pm »

I'm trying a whip+pick design, only using auto attacks. Heavily armoured, layered to the max, good dodging. Going to pit this adventurer solo versus a lot of goblin soldiers and trolls, try to decide whether it's good for fortress mode. I'll test in arena as well.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Authority2

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: INCREASE_FPS: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 23, 2014, 10:04:06 pm »

I keep the best weapon that I've found of each type in my backpack, but usually end up using the same one most of the time anyway. Sometimes I throw them.
"But I tell you what the Queen wants is impossible. The story of her mandate to create floodgates in our desert fortress cannot be told in less than 314160 stanzas! Art bows not to any dwarf!"

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 24, 2014, 01:07:26 am »

The Scythe is a truly beautiful thing. (Note: This is for Masterwork 6.1).

As far as standard DF goes, I'm trying quite hard to make an adventurer who excels at kicking. Of course, the first enemy I encountered after making my first try was a werewolf... Which did not go well.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 24, 2014, 05:57:05 pm »

I like spears as a weapon but they're pretty much useless compared to the other weapons. If at some point they get extra range or something then they'll be more useful.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 26, 2014, 12:27:24 pm »

I've discovered that I like getting my arms lopped off/noodled and then using arrows as darts and kicking enemies to death.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 27, 2014, 11:15:34 am »

I like spears as a weapon but they're pretty much useless compared to the other weapons.

I tried using a divine metal pike against one of the vault guardian bosses, and it wasn't penetrating as well as my Iron Halberd on thrust attacks.

That was a little dissapointing.  Pinnacle thrusting weapon, pinnacle metal, worse results than my thrusting-axe.

Halberds forever <3

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 27, 2014, 05:15:39 pm »

The Scythe is a truly beautiful thing. (Note: This is for Masterwork 6.1).

As far as standard DF goes, I'm trying quite hard to make an adventurer who excels at kicking. Of course, the first enemy I encountered after making my first try was a werewolf... Which did not go well.

scythe OP. Soldiers heroically charge me only to be decapitated mid-run.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 28, 2014, 10:43:57 am »

As a legendary gelder, I use the "Golden Hooksword of Amrok" that has been passed in my family for generations.
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21