Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 120

Author Topic: NEW CHALLENGE: starting at the dawn of time!  (Read 541973 times)

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NEW CHALLENGE: starting at the dawn of time!
« Reply #840 on: August 25, 2012, 02:47:39 pm »

I hope you escaped the fire, Uggi. ;)
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

uggi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: August 25, 2012, 10:57:20 pm »

We make a quick exit from Trussflowers and run into the jungle, looking nervously behind our shoulders. When the night falls we set up a perimeter of campfires in the middle of the jungle. Nothing ambushes us that night, not even the angry elves.

8th Malachite, 11

We are still in the elven lands, heading south towards another forest retreat. I hope they haven't heard what happened in Trussflowers. On our way we cross a major river. I can't even see the other bank of the river when we descend into the water. Ettad in fact runs into the river, after a wild boar he was chasing.

We arrive in Whisperleopard in the early evening. I can't tell if the elves have heard the news yet, because they're being just as annoying as the elves in Trussflowers. I really don't understand them. Even Ettad is disgusted by their habits, and he's a man who enjoys torturing animals.

Later in the evening, we pass through another forest retreat, Burysable. I think it's the elven capital. We take a quick look at the place, are not impressed, and continue southwards. We spend the night in yet another forest retreat, Mawplunges, and make sure to set up the campfire far away from their precious trees. I think I've seen enough elves for a lifetime. Tomorrow we'll leave the lands of these dirty hippies for good.

9th Malachite, 11

We leave Burysable, the last outpost of civilization. Well, after seeing the elves and their habits I'm not sure if we can call them civilized. Anyway, between us and our destination are nothing but caves and lairs filled with beasts and Armok knows what abominations. And then the goblin lands. Not one, but three dark fortresses, all filled with nasty goblins. We have to go around them, somehow.

Later in the morning, we come across another major river. Possibly the same one we saw yesterday. Ettad again runs straight into the river and disappears beneath the waves. I don't know what he wrestles with, but after a while he comes back, bruised. I think I saw a hippo earlier. I sure hope he would stay clear of them.

And then comes the herds of unicorns. Ettad wants to kill them all. I'm having hard time keeping him clear of them. I don't want to see him getting impaled by those horns.

10th Malachite, 11

We're getting nightly visitors again. Strange noises wake us up. We can't see what's outside the perimeter.

Tired of waiting, we swim through the murky pool and prepare for fight. A band of strange humanoids approaches us. Tigermen? I grab the first one with a wrestling move, trying to throw it but the thing is too heavy. I manage to take it down however, and incapacitate another one with my pick.

Together with Ettad we split some skulls. One of the tigermen loses its head completely.

We patrol around the area making sure there are no more surprises. Ettad sees something in the darkness and I follow after him. It's a thrips man, and Ettad kills it with one punch.

Ettad is still running after something. A thrips woman? One bolt from my crossbow takes care of it.

I hear Ettad slaughtering another thrips man in the darkness. He comes back uninjured, wiping blood off his halberd.

I think that was the last of them. We walk back to the campsite and sleep through the rest of the night uninterrupted.

uggi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: August 25, 2012, 11:10:28 pm »

Hey Uggi, what's yours and Ettad's kill list look like?

Here's mine:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And Ettad's:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh, and these were before the last ambush. I took these when I retired in the last elven town (to update stuff for Legends Viewer).
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 11:13:15 pm by uggi »

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: August 30, 2012, 10:28:47 am »

Hey Uggi, sorry I didn't post earlier, missed this update
LOVING Your rampage! You are truely becoming a feared warrior indeed :D

Also what IS IT with Human companions running off to slaughter every last critter and animal in a 5mile radius?
I mean look at the companion I had, he had close to 100 animal kills by the end of the trip Humans just go crazy when they see a wild animal
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: August 30, 2012, 08:40:35 pm »

With companions, it's loose-loose

Humans - Run off after every single wild animal they see, will stop only if the target is incapacitated in some way (it does not matter what), and potentially get killed via this stupidity.

Elves - Won't get killed because they won't do something stupid like challenge every single giant crocodile to single combat, but also won't intervene even if a gorilla is skipping rope with your intestines while a bear rapes you and a giant dingo tries to remove your face.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: September 02, 2012, 11:30:26 am »

Any update, Uggi?
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: September 02, 2012, 02:31:57 pm »

Wow I just realized we have been at this for almost FOUR months :D :P
Four months and so far Five dwarfs have made it alive, soooo many others dead.
If Uggi makes it we need only ONE MORE and then
(gasp)
We can actually START the game :D

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: September 02, 2012, 03:03:41 pm »

Wow I just realized we have been at this for almost FOUR months :D :P
Four months and so far Five dwarfs have made it alive, soooo many others dead.
If Uggi makes it we need only ONE MORE and then
(gasp)
We can actually START the game :D
Brilliant!

Let'a just pray that toady doesn't release a save-incompatible version now...
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

uggi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: September 05, 2012, 11:43:36 pm »

I'll try to post an update later today.

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: September 06, 2012, 05:20:43 am »

Thanks Uggi, can't wait to see you make it :)

Orky_Boss

• Bay Watcher
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: September 06, 2012, 11:20:48 am »

57 pages and we still haven't made it... this is getting ridiculous...
Shit! He's flatlining! Quick, get the Doctor in!

Doctor: Nah, I'm on break.

uggi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: September 06, 2012, 04:09:17 pm »

During the next day we see a lot of strange humanoids. Some are thrips man, similar to what we encountered last night. Some have the head of a grasshopper, some are a weird mix of sponges and humans. They all run away from us.

We find a major river filled with hippos. Thankfully Ettad doesn't spot them. I make sure we stay away from the river, and finally find a way around it in a strange place where two major rivers start. As we hop around the narrower parts, a sponge man tries to pull me down into the water. Its head is an easy target for my pick.

Closer to the noon Ettad sees a humanoid with a head of a wild boar and picks up a fight with it. He gets a few bruises, nothing serious this time.

Late in the evening we literally run into a swarm of giant thrips. Usually I leave the wildlife creatures alone unless they provoke me, but these things are just too disgusting. To my horror, Ettad goes and bites one. That's really a disturbing sight. Together we catch two of them, the rest flies away.

We're in a middle of a jungle when the sun sets down. Then it starts raining and gets too dark to see anything. We set up a camp next to a small pond. Hopefully we can sleep through the night without ambushes. I have my doubts.

OOC: I thought the good biomes would have less dangerous creatures and less ambushes, but it seems to be the opposite. Having much trouble navigating around unicorns and hippos. I don't want Ettad's head kicked in :p

More adventuring tomorrow, I hope.

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: September 06, 2012, 08:24:31 pm »

Have you been butchering all of the animals (well, those that can be butchered anyway) Ettad has been killing in his rampage by any chance?

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: September 07, 2012, 01:42:04 pm »

You really are getting into this rampant killing things Uggi :D
Of course after a certain point EVERYONE does in adventure!

Look forward to the next update! You getting close to the mountain hall?

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: September 09, 2012, 09:28:02 pm »

It was looking like he was almost there, just north east of the gap in the mountains, the last time he posted a world map view.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 120