Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 120

Author Topic: NEW CHALLENGE: starting at the dawn of time!  (Read 541817 times)

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
  • dwarven child care=!!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
Re: NEW CHALLENGE: starting at the dawn of time!
« Reply #900 on: October 21, 2012, 07:25:39 pm »

Awesome nice Gator battle.too bad for ettad  lol.keep going!!! Ure almost there!
Legend tells of a fort besieged by a dragon. When 79 brave recruits fell to its breath, the last dwarf of the fort took up arms. He sprung from his sickbed and claimed an adamant one sword before he bulrushes the dragon. A clean swipe severs the head. But the dragon claws him in the lower body and burns him alive. As he melts into a pile of booze and fat, I rename him Ronnie James Dio and change his profession to dragonslayer. He will forever be immortalized and worshipped as a dragonslayer God.

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: October 21, 2012, 08:08:54 pm »

Far as the Fist of Urist goes, what's the human equivalent of Urist? Fist of Dosheb?

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: October 22, 2012, 03:14:01 am »

Far as the Fist of Urist goes, what's the human equivalent of Urist? Fist of Dosheb?
Fist of Ettad.
Is there any way to be able to retire him at Silverysects as well? Or even play as him to pick up the final Dwarf adventurer as a sidekick.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: October 22, 2012, 03:54:48 am »

Fist of Ettad.

Fist of Ettad is just a fancy term for Choppity Death via Halberd. Also, I don't know if Ettad is a generic enough human name to be their equivalent for Urist.

Is there any way to be able to retire him at Silverysects as well? Or even play as him to pick up the final Dwarf adventurer as a sidekick.

That was brought up earlier. There used to be a glitch that would allow you to switch bodies with others; utilities are another, more direct way of achieving that.

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: October 22, 2012, 06:45:06 am »

You definetly should, after all he has proved himself to be a worthy companion and let it not be said by the elves that dwarves don't give honor to those it is due.....
Legend tells of a fort besieged by a dragon. When 79 brave recruits fell to its breath, the last dwarf of the fort took up arms. He sprung from his sickbed and claimed an adamant one sword before he bulrushes the dragon. A clean swipe severs the head. But the dragon claws him in the lower body and burns him alive. As he melts into a pile of booze and fat, I rename him Ronnie James Dio and change his profession to dragonslayer. He will forever be immortalized and worshipped as a dragonslayer God.

Callumagus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: October 23, 2012, 03:06:27 am »

I first downloaded DF about 2 years ago, played it a little bit (didn't really get it) and just back into it a lot more recently. I made an account just to say that this is the most awesome thing I have ever witnessed. Truly an epic saga.

Halceon

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:vile machinations]
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: October 23, 2012, 06:54:36 am »

I've done this quite a few times before; it really limits your embark options since the choices are restricted to the biome of the only existing city. More importantly, the early nature of the civilization means that a disproportionate amount of your historical figures are weremigrants/vampires so be prepared for waves of Friendly Migrants that camp out on the map edge. This can also mean that migrant waves take months or entire seasons since the next dwarf won't appear until Friendly McWerevole moves off the edge, which can take a while. Multiple weremigrants stretch out the process forever,

Not the case, though. Since it's the dawn of time, nearly no dwarves have been bitten/cursed for profane acts/cursed for the lulz/become obsessed with their own mortality.
I'm looking for your fort, maybe. Find out - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=124606.0
ág sôd onol nekik
edir thol, kor egar
    berdan kälán
    alod kodor
absam abal aroth limul

ElfLove

• Bay Watcher
  • What about their legs they dont need those?
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: October 24, 2012, 12:00:07 am »

This is possibly the most amazing thing i have ever encountered i simply must have a round.
You have my sword, and my bow.. UristMcGimli strikes down the elf, and my axe.

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: October 24, 2012, 02:19:20 am »

Not the case, though. Since it's the dawn of time, nearly no dwarves have been bitten/cursed for profane acts/cursed for the lulz/become obsessed with their own mortality.

This came up once before and I'll give the same response I did last time.

That's after a few years of game time as that fort started around year six or seven. It's a different world than Licevaarthira, but earlier in its history as well.

From what I've seen, a necromancer needs a while to gather enough dead to construct a tower, but my current game had a necromancer that became obsessed with extending his life at year seven in game and succeeding in become a necromancer by year fourteen.

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: October 25, 2012, 12:07:58 pm »

Ok THAT is ratehjr interesting, I did not think that was possible until now!
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: November 07, 2012, 01:59:04 am »

just here to kick a dead horse, hows it going uggi
Quote from: Robocorn
what do postdwarvenists do with goblins?

Quote from: Andreus
We slaughter them by the thousands.
But... you know, we do it ironically.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: November 07, 2012, 03:07:47 am »

Where is Uggi anyway? He hasn't updated for over two weeks.

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: November 08, 2012, 04:49:40 pm »

yeah its been a while.he isnt anywhere near hurricane sandy is he ?

uggi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: November 08, 2012, 05:16:34 pm »

I'll post an update (and hopefully the save file too!) during the weekend.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: November 08, 2012, 09:52:42 pm »

Then I shall begin my short, sweet rampage adventure to the mountainhome
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 120