Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 120

Author Topic: NEW CHALLENGE: starting at the dawn of time!  (Read 541845 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: NEW CHALLENGE: starting at the dawn of time!
« Reply #960 on: November 27, 2012, 12:10:40 am »

The RNG seems to want to shield-bash and crossbow-bash, so I call shots. Dual picks is like being a living chainsaw, anything that's a limb or attached to one seems to get severed with a good hit. Glancing hit, breaks bones or tears something. Body-shots inflict lethal wounds by piercing organs.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

parlor_tricks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://noyb
« Reply #961 on: November 27, 2012, 02:10:09 am »

The casual brutality of this game is best captured by your crippled compatriot.

On an artsy fartsy note - DF creates all sorts of situations that would be the stuff of orgasms for someone doing interpretative art or something.
Is the player evil? what would a character from the game think? Are they colonials being colonized? Whats going on?

These questions will be answered by this playthrough, an allegory for interpretive dance, that is named - pickaxe deconstruction.

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: November 27, 2012, 02:19:46 am »

The RNG seems to want to shield-bash and crossbow-bash, so I call shots. Dual picks is like being a living chainsaw, anything that's a limb or attached to one seems to get severed with a good hit. Glancing hit, breaks bones or tears something. Body-shots inflict lethal wounds by piercing organs.

How do you go about it? I usually scroll through first to see if there are any critical hits listed first and I usually go for those. It's always fun while you kick a boogeyman in the tongue and kill them instantly by driving their jaw through their brain.

If there aren't any critical hits, then I got for the easiest, most solid shots listed. If I have a choice, I tend to pick either feet or hands first since damaging those not only can disarm/disable an opponent, but there's a good chance of shattering a bone or tapping an artery if the extremity in question isn't lopped off. The latter can often lead to the opponent passing out from pain while the latter just renders it a matter of time until they bleed out.

I usually don't fool with headshots at first simply because a larger opponent that can stand will result in a lot of misses even if you've got a really high chance of success according to the selection scren. Well, unless I have a martial trance going in which case I always attack the head first. There's nothing quite so satisfying as killing a dragon with one blow.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: November 27, 2012, 02:31:14 am »

I got for hands/fingers and feet/toes first, then lower legs/arms, and so on with this character, occasionally going for the lower body first to tear a new hole. Severing doesn't seem to cause massive pain like chipping/shattering bone does, so if I want them to pass out I'll go for one with decent chance of hitting but the damage is "can't quite connect" or lower. Disarming (in all senses of the word) is main priority. I must keep Kima alive, too, or else I'll have to go find another narrator.

Kima seems to be becoming a fairly good misc weapon user though.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 02:35:38 am by HugoLuman »

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: November 27, 2012, 02:41:58 am »

It's the crutches most likely; he'll never do much more than bruising his opponent with those but it'll make any shield bashes that much more effective.

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
  • dwarven child care=!!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: November 27, 2012, 11:19:04 am »

Wow this is really awesome.glad I checked back.I cant believe u killed a dragon! No face really sounds merciless lol.I'm getting a laptop for Christmas.so I might start my own thing like this or maybe join with you if your willing.
Legend tells of a fort besieged by a dragon. When 79 brave recruits fell to its breath, the last dwarf of the fort took up arms. He sprung from his sickbed and claimed an adamant one sword before he bulrushes the dragon. A clean swipe severs the head. But the dragon claws him in the lower body and burns him alive. As he melts into a pile of booze and fat, I rename him Ronnie James Dio and change his profession to dragonslayer. He will forever be immortalized and worshipped as a dragonslayer God.

Deepblade

• Bay Watcher
  • Tholtarmid
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: November 27, 2012, 08:48:02 pm »

I've always loved masks, now I know why. I just wish they added more armor.
Been reading this thread for a while and love every addition to the amazing stories

Keep up the good work fellas!
Deepblade's Standardized Creature Parts, for when you're pissed about all the different types of animal products there are.

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: November 28, 2012, 01:16:15 pm »

I'm going to write a summary of ALL the adventures at the end.but the geek in me demands I write ot in draconic first  :Plol
Legend tells of a fort besieged by a dragon. When 79 brave recruits fell to its breath, the last dwarf of the fort took up arms. He sprung from his sickbed and claimed an adamant one sword before he bulrushes the dragon. A clean swipe severs the head. But the dragon claws him in the lower body and burns him alive. As he melts into a pile of booze and fat, I rename him Ronnie James Dio and change his profession to dragonslayer. He will forever be immortalized and worshipped as a dragonslayer God.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: November 28, 2012, 02:54:02 pm »

Before I continue, I must decide: eat the brain or leave the dead dragon untouched?

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: November 28, 2012, 02:58:16 pm »

Carry the corpse to Silverysects.
We need to build a temple around it.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: November 28, 2012, 04:24:57 pm »

YesYes! And eat the brain as a. Victory feast.I'm gonna include this in my summary!

Jase

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: November 28, 2012, 04:44:40 pm »

Bath in its blood and get invulnerable. And because shoulder is too mainstream, put the leaf on the groin.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: November 28, 2012, 05:08:41 pm »

well, THAT escalated quickly.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: November 28, 2012, 07:37:42 pm »

Before I continue, I must decide: eat the brain or leave the dead dragon untouched?

Eat the brain and bring the bones and teeth so that we can make an artifact out of them someday.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: November 28, 2012, 08:05:09 pm »

Well, I could haul the entire dragon and butcher it when I get there (can't butcher slain creatures in fort mode, have to be alive and then designated apparently.) That would be a bit slow though.

Hmm, what about the skull?
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 120