Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 120

Author Topic: NEW CHALLENGE: starting at the dawn of time!  (Read 541203 times)

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
Re: NEW CHALLENGE: starting at the dawn of time!
« Reply #330 on: June 09, 2012, 03:58:55 pm »

As stated earlier... The problem with letting more people in is that, at this stage.. We must wait for each Adventurer to try and get to the mountain home.  And this can take quite some time (barring quick horrible Deaths).
What makes it even longer, is that we aren't supposed to start the fortress proper till Seven people get there alive.

Right now the list is as follows:

#1 Orky_Boss: DEAD
#2 Reudh: DEAD
#3 Ubiq: SUCCESS!
#4 Corai: (Skipped for now)
#5 Fen: DEAD
#6 Torrasque666: DEAD
#7 melkor: SUCCESS!
#8 uggi: DEAD
#9 Phones: NEXT

Uggi played earlier and died a glorious death, so his save file was used by others so his deeds would not be forgotten.
Phones is currently the next in line after melkor finishes.
After Phones, there will be Six people going after him, those that died (and Corai who skipped his turn).

If those six go and die again, we MIGHT add more people, Especially if you can prove to be skilled in Adventure mode and apt for surviving.

The "final" spot shall be reserved for me... I will go ONLY after SIX others have gone and retired at thew mountain home.  The idea being I will be the seventh and final Dwarf to travel and thus start the Fort.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 09:46:00 am by Crossroads Inc. »
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 09, 2012, 10:30:36 pm »

We DO need to have people take dwarves no matter what, even if the six make it. Because of the people that made it, I think half went to the wrong mountainhome. We gotta get those guys to the correct one.

Or I got confused a few pages back.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 09, 2012, 11:00:37 pm »

Alright, I can't wait for my next turn.

Hopefully we've whittled down the giant dingo/megabeast/semimegabeast/croc population enough that it's safe to get there.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 09, 2012, 11:12:30 pm »

Alright, I can't wait for my next turn.

Hopefully we've whittled down the giant dingo/megabeast/semimegabeast/croc population enough that it's safe to get there.

OH GOD NO, HAVE PLENTY PLEASE. I want to fight a dragon.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 09, 2012, 11:23:39 pm »

Yeah, my turn was cut horribly short by three Giant Dingo ambushes.

One ambush ripped a hand off, the second was defeated with difficulty, and the third killed Kes and Reudh.

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 10, 2012, 06:56:20 am »

final update

since i have posted little bits everywhere i will now post the entire report. so if you read my previous post, the start should be the same.

my char
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Melkor’s log 20th moonstone
This is insane I am not a fighter nor am I a explorer, yet they send me to a far away outpost. But staying here doesn’t help as well. Everywhere I go these day all I see are abandon houses. They say my job is to lead a small group of dwarfs, I hope they know what they’re doing.

Melkor’s log 26th moonstone
Today I am being send of, I have been given little time to train with a spear and a shield I have been given a extra dagger to throw but not much else.

This page is sodden with blood.
My arm   he tore my arm of. 
A aligator attack me…. At first it went  well, I stabed the beast and it fled but I had to pursue it. Then it came around and tore my left arm of. I make it to my dagger and was able to throw it through his head.

I haven’t made it barley out of the town and already I am dying.

I am trying to find shelter for the night but then some dingo think I am a tasty meal. I ran for it as hard as a could I dropped my shield and my left glove no need for them anymore anyway. But they are still faster.

I can’t remember anything… one moment I was running for my life, and now… I am standing I the middle of 4 dead indigo.
I need to rest I must find shelter.

Finally a cave where I can sleep, its already night time.
Wait are… are those bones and.. fat.
Hello is somebody there?  As I walk forward I see something glowing.
There used to be a campfire here .

Melkor’s log 27th moonstone
The night was horrible, I kept hearing sounds from the surface. I hope it’s safe to travel again.

Melkor’s log 28th moonstone
I have been traveling through the mountains, the progress is slower then I first thought. I was able to find a cave to sleep in but It was far away and had to walk to the east away from my goal.
I have found snow, this concerned me greatly because it will be harder to get water.

What…what was that?

A great beast stands before me, I quickly grab my….. where is my dagger!!!!! I forgot to pick my dagger up when I had throw it to a dingo.
I search my pockets and find nothing but rocks. The beast rose to the sky with its great wings made the sun go dark. Al I could do was throw what little I had to the beast, but it was all in vain. I lifted my left upper arm and hoped it would bite my arm instead of my right hand only then would I have a chance. The beast land only a few inches away from me and bite my left upper arm. I scream in pain while I thrust my spear in his foot.
I kept stabbing and stabbing till there was nothing left to stab. I looked at my left arm. This time there was nothing left nothing at all.

Melkor’s log 4th opal
I haven’t written for some time now. Mostly because I can’t find any safe place to hide. Last night I was attacked by some dingo. Lucky I have been getting better at fighting with one arm. I think I can finally cope with the lost of my left arm. I have also been training throwing quite a bit.
Today was a good day I was able to reach a castle and 2 human pike man want to join me. Finally some luck on my end now I won’t be alone all the time, I don’t however know anything about commanding. I just hope I don’t get them killed. 1 of the pike man already deserted me. I guess I am not cut out for this. We found a cave with the body of simin wemanba, ipan tiquoushcen, ator anamkebul rinul tomud and the list continues.

Melkor’s log 5th opal
I hear screams outside, I woke up and noticed that dosheb apugnebo wasn’t laying next to me. I grabbed my spear and ran outside where is see a pack of dingo’s attacking dosheb. I ran to aid dosheb but it seems he doesn’t really need my help, yes I stab a few times but dosheb is killing them all. After the battle was down I asked him why he didn’t wake me up. He said he didn’t want to bother me with something so simple. I told him I prefer to know when he gets attacked so I can help. The rest of the night was peaceful.

Melkor’s log 8th opal
I am getting used to this adventure stuff, mostly because I know dosheb will keep me safe. I know that because there was another pack of dingo’s and dosheb killed them all, it’s good to have somebody with you. It’s been a bit harder to find good caves mostly we travel at night and sleep during the day. I really like having dosheb around, before him this mission seemed pointless.

Melkor’s log 9th opal
Today we reached a small town, here we recruited a small army.
6 people wanted to join us, to be honest I am a bit overtaken that humans want to join us so eagerly. I also feel a bit bad, we are kind of taking their entire military. Sadly they didn’t have any  supply we could buy, not that we have anything to trade with though.

Melkor’s log 11th opal
Why don’t they indicate on this map the size of these rivers. This river is so big and the current is to strong even I can’t cross it. There was only 1 option, go around it. I was a fool, this is what happens when you get to overconfident, there were a few unicorns and we needed more food so we attack them first 1 of them stabs me in the chest, I felt my lung screaming for pain. But then he hits 1 of my companions and he dead.
And what did I do? I picked up the stuff I needed and left. I have change during this journey and not the good way.

Melkor’s log 14th opal
I have failed my companions again. There was a small river we had to cross, even though I knew they couldn’t swim we when trough it anyway. We lost 2 more. They simply drowned. But the worst was how dosheb looked at me. He was disappointed at me, I tried to apologize but he wouldn’t listen. He said: I thought you were a better leader then this.
A few hours later we set up camp in a cave, he didn’t even said goodnight to me. I promise I will be a better leader I will be carful and won’t make any rash decisions.

Melkor’s log 15th opal
He left… he just left. Yesterday he was still sleeping but when I woke up this morning he was gone. Was he really that disappointed in me? I want to go back I want to find him but.. my duty, I have to go there’re dwarfs waiting for me.

Melkor’s log 18th opal
I have decided to go around the mountains. There is no reason to take a slow and dangerous route when we can also take a faster and safer route.

Melkor’s log 20th opal
I am here I can’t believe it the last 2 companions seem exited to see what we dwarfs will build here and what has been built already.
As we approach the site my heart stops for a moment. There is nothing here. Well there is a pile of body’s and clothes, but where are the dwarfs.

Ha! Finally, somebody showed up.
Melkor jumped at the sound of Nish talking to her.
w-who are you?
Me? Well I am Nish and I am the first dwarf of the settlers to arrive at this ‘glorious’ site.
The first? Melkor’s eyes opened wide. He was the first…
she thought there would already be a fort, or at least a pit, but there was nothing.
Wait… does that mean the 2 of us are going to build a fort?
Well not the 2 of us that is just stupid. We are going to build a fort with 7 dwarfs… they just haven’t showed up yet.
Melkor had to sit down for a moment, she had to build a fort with no experience, hardly any resources and they only have7 dwarfs.
I can’t go back that would be the dead of me, but staying here?
Hey missy you alright.
Ye-yes…. Yes I am fine. So what should we do while we wait.
I don’t know eat, drink, talk?
Okay..want some unicorn meat?

as you can read i have made it. here is my char at the end

and here is a small list of stops that i made.

1 first night found a camp fat and bones
2 dingo attack and cave to sleep
3 found the roc
4 took shelter
5 took shelter
6 attacked by dingo
7 took shelter hired 2 human pikeman
8 took shelter
9 took shelter
10 took shelter
11 dingo attack
12 took shelter
13 hired human crossbowman and hammer man
14 took shelter
15 attacked by unicorns lost a human
16 took shelter
17 took shelter
18 crossed a river, lost several humans
19 took shelter
20 took shelter
21 took shelter
22 goal reached

then i went digging into the legends and founf some interesting things.
here is melkor hero in the eyes of EVERY FRICKING CIV

i looked up the named kills that i made.
enore, the roc

and the unicorn that killed one of my companions
and yes i did offer this unicorns meat to nish

then i wanted to know what happend to dosheb, there were multibale but this one seems to be the correct one.

al in al this was pretty fun.

edit: typo's
edit2: the save
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 07:10:48 am by melkor »
Quote from: Robocorn
what do postdwarvenists do with goblins?

Quote from: Andreus
We slaughter them by the thousands.
But... you know, we do it ironically.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 10, 2012, 07:33:31 am »

Thanks melkor!

That makes you the second person to make it! Grats indeed.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 10, 2012, 07:36:00 am »

i would like to take a turn

uggi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 10, 2012, 09:09:45 am »

By Armok's fiery beard, you just made a proper dwarfy legend, melkor :o

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 10, 2012, 09:51:38 am »

Well Bloody Hellz!
MELKOR YOU MADE IT!!!

That is by far a true epic that must be immortalized
Making it on such a journy with only one arm.

For the remaining heros, we should make it a quest to try and track down the ripped off arm to bring it back to the Mountain Home :D

OK! So 'Phones' is next, sending him a PM with the save.
After him 'Corai" will be next, since he was skipped, and then it will start over again with Orky_Boss.
EDIT:
here is how 'Round two" will look;
#1 Corai:
#2 Orky_Boss:
#3 Reudh:
#4 Fen:
#5 Torrasque666:
#6 uggi
#7 Phones (Only if he doesn't make it)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 11:38:58 am by Crossroads Inc. »

Phones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 10, 2012, 04:00:41 pm »

Entry 1-
Phones StarChampion
Date: 5th of Obsidian, 10
Goal: The Mountain homes of Silverysects

It's the start of a new day, and a new adventure. I have recieved word from King Glovekissed to make way for the Silverysects in the south as he is forming together a team of adventurers to send to a fortress he plans on founding in the near future. I will record my journy in this logbook and try and keep it up to date as often as possible.

Below is a map with my destination circled in blue and my starting point in red.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 10, 2012, 04:14:59 pm »

We should totally refer to the starting 7 team as follows:

"We need a response team for all dwarven kind! Assemble the Retaliators!"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 10, 2012, 05:04:28 pm »

Phones, the spot you are going to is at the very tale end of that mountain range, look at the ending spot on Melkors map on the previous page.

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 10, 2012, 09:36:27 pm »

I decided to take a crack at it even though my save wouldn't be accepted (I do enjoy a challenge, it's its own reward at times) if I made it. Just finished adventure game I'd managed to cross most of a random map in, figured I had a chance.

I started in late winter of 10 in a dwarven town in the south, and in late winter of 10 I decided to check out what I took for a friendly cathedral to see if I could get some better gear in there. I did in fact find some better gear, a crossbow and an iron pike from a Dwarven corpse near the stairs. I found the presence of a corpse somewhat odd, but what the hell? It's a friendly town, right? Rather than Dwarves the cathedral houses kobolds. And now, my corpse.
What kobolds are doing in a cathedral is beyond me, but there they are.
(Did some reading of earlier pages in this thread, looks like it was uggi that I got the crossbow and pike off of. I didn't make it back up the stairs before suffocating due to an iron shortsword)

All in all I found the experience highly entertaining, though it'd be even better to be on the official list so as to have a (one line...) place in history.

I eagerly await further quest logs!  (regardless of whether I actually get to play, I'm enjoying reading about it all quite a bit)
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 12, 2012, 06:44:06 am »

Hopefully We shall be getting an update from Phones soon on his progress.
As for playing on the map, by all means feel free to explore. It may be good for others to explore the map, perhaps uncovering secrets or special "Fun" that others may look out for and encounter.
And of course such experience will go well if we need more players.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 120