Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 120

Author Topic: NEW CHALLENGE: starting at the dawn of time!  (Read 540605 times)

Phones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NEW CHALLENGE: starting at the dawn of time!
« Reply #345 on: June 13, 2012, 01:07:13 pm »

Entry 2-
Phones Starchampion
Date: 5th of Obsidian, 10
Goal: Deceased

I traveled north to the local fortress, but sadly found no soldiers to aid me on my journey, asking around I was told that a castle lied to the south from the fortress and that I may find a group to join me over there.

So I traveled there, and hearing odd grunts from the basement I went downstairs to find a goblin with a spear.

-The rest of the book is shredded and bloody-

-----

I loaded it up with Ironhand so the colors are a bit wonky even with graphics turned off. If that's a problem just use Melkors again (Wont make much of a difference I didn't get far at all) and I'll give it another shot when everyone else is done and re install it with another texture pack or just try and use ASCII.

Save:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6489

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 13, 2012, 04:57:04 pm »

Alas, that was short :<
Guess Corai is up.
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

Berlioz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 13, 2012, 05:18:10 pm »

Hey Crossroads!
I like the idea, if you still got a spot somewhere I'd like to join in.
I started a only week ago with dwarf fortress, but the fortress mode suits me fine, haven't lost a fortress yet. Got pretty bored with my first training one, because I chose an easy starting position, second died of low fps after digging down 250 z-levels in a glacier and the third now thrives in a terrifying desert. Got the magma forges running and are planning of breaking into hell as soon as the military is up to the task.
If you'll find a spot for me please tell me in advance so I can train the adventure mode (on a different map of course).
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 05:55:18 pm by Berlioz »

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 13, 2012, 07:09:52 pm »

If you can fit me in id like to try this. Sounds fun! I always loved high beast count, this seems great! If you cant get me in or it will take like 5 years, its fine, im not really that hell-bent on doing this so dont go out of your way.
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 14, 2012, 06:02:03 pm »

Im up.

Today, shit will go down.

Im gonna be a marksdwarf, cause I am scared shitless right now by the things that are hunting dwarves.

-Edit-

I checked out the three maps you included with the file.

I AM SCREWED. And if you want music on, you may have to change the init files once I am done, cause I turned sound off. I'll try to remember to turn them back on.

---

Name: Cog Tarondomm

Profession: Marksdwarf

Destination: Home, directly north

Goal: Survive

Weapon: Iron Crossbow, fewl

Lets shoot some ass.

---

DAY 1

After days of wandering, I came across a hamlet. There I stole a crossbow and bronze bolts and quickly fled north. After only a few hours, a pack of wolves charged me. Im sheer terror, I swung my crossbow screaming, then I ran. They caught up and attempted to attack me. I turned around, and screamed like a madman, charging with a dagger.

Cog Tarondomm has entered a marital trance.

I slew many of the beasts, then they surrounded me. As I calmed, they bit and scratched me, holding me down. I lost grip of my dagger and I flailed with my crossbow, killing two with bashes to the head. I broke the grip of there biting and fled. They came after, or should I say the only one left came after. I fired my crossbow and tore it's liver. It left whimpering. But I wasnt gonna let it go, I charged after with my crossbow in a bloodlust. I mauled it, then threw it. It escaped sadly, I threw it to mightily. I butchered two of it's siblings and left the area, taking there skulls.

I went further down the hill, and several emus were down there. Knowing there strengh, I kept my distance and readied my crossbow for the worst as I quietly sneaked away. A while later, I found a lone emu. Knowing my own strength, I readied my crossbow and I snuck. I prayed it wouldnt see me.

I fired three bolts, they all went right over it's head and it never noticed. I decided to meele it and it fled. Damnit.

I later came across another herd of emus, determined not to be defeared by them I went behind a tree and let off four bolts. Three missing, one clipping a leg. They fled, but the wounded emu was to slow. I bash it's neck in and then its head. I smiled as the herd fled. Again, wolves came to attack. I smiled as they came, I brandished my crossbow as a hammer and charged. I took one down, then began smashing every bodypart I could find with my crossbow. The rest of the pack fled.

I returned to the hamlet, and out of curiousity I asked where the capital was. A clothier said this WAS the capital. I laughed my head off, as there leader wasnt even a king, or lawgiver. He was a PUMP OPERATOR. BAHAHAHAH.

I asked a suterer for a quest, and a dingo was apparently bugging them. Smiling, I said i will set off after getting a nights rest, they let me sleep in there house that night.

DAY 1
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 06:51:08 pm by Corai »
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 14, 2012, 06:34:47 pm »

Sneak, shoot, bash head in. Good strategy.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 14, 2012, 07:05:01 pm »

HAZZAH! You have survived your first day!
This could be a good sign!!! :P

But oyu are facing a MIGHTY DINGO! Do not take them lightly!
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 14, 2012, 07:07:49 pm »

My plan-

NEVERMIND, NO SPOILERS.
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 14, 2012, 07:08:34 pm »

Two more dead Urist McAdventurer noh Bobnovas. One to a kobold encampment (strangled one to death first though!), one really annoyingly to bogeymen. Killed one of them, too.
That second guy had already killed a dozen Dingos and one named Dingo in a cave, I thought he had a chance.
That'll teach me to quicktravel at night.

A whispered warning from beyond the grave....
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nice work surviving the day Corai , sounds like quite the wolf battle.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 14, 2012, 07:22:10 pm »

-DAY 2-

I woke up and walked out of the cottage. One farmer was awake, and he gave me a fare-well and good luck. I returned the gesture, giving him luck on his crops. I set off south, to the acursed dingo-den.

Finding a river blocked my path, I groaned as I had to go around. The hamlets nether bothered to make bridges. By the time I made my way I was to far away to get back to civiilization to escape the impending night-creatures. I groaned as I started making fires around me.

-DAY 2-

Uninteresting, >.>

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 14, 2012, 07:24:44 pm »

This world CRAWLS with dangerous beasts. :P

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 14, 2012, 11:48:41 pm »

Hey at least you lived! I call that progress.

What's with all the dingo lairs? That's the third different named dingo i've run into or heard about in this world.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 15, 2012, 12:06:41 am »

At least two giant dingoes have names as a result of me, one killing my companion, and another killing me.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 15, 2012, 02:06:46 am »

-DAY 3-

I awoke from my slumber, stomping the fires out I headed west, intriqed by the whiteness of my map.

I took three steps in, and I got ambushed by wolves.

Once more, I entered a state of mind I shall now refer to as a "marital trance" as I charged, screaming about kobolds. In seconds, I brain one wolf, shatter every limb of another, send a leg flying. The wolves would not relent, but against a dwarf in a marital trance they had no chance. Still screaming, I drew my dagger.

Blood flew, wolves screamed, and limbs were missing. Laughing like a maniac, I slaughtered the wolves as they whimpered. One wolf landed a bite on me, so I bit him and began ripping him limb from limb with me teeth. Once it was dead I brained another wolf and began kicking. I left the marital trance, but I killed to many to be defeated now. Refusing death itself, I withstood there unrelenting bites and scratches and fought on. I continued bashing with my crossbow and stabbing with my dagger. Stab there, bash there. I was fueled by a unholy conviction to defeat these wolves. Dying and dead wolves littered the snow. Satisfied, I finished off the unconscious and went on.

-This was a major ambush, I counted 13 before they pounced. A few escaped though...-

-DAY 3-

Other half coming next post.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 15, 2012, 02:30:12 am »

[grammar / speling mode activate]

A marital trance?

I don't see Cog's wife anywhere. :P
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 120