Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 120

Author Topic: NEW CHALLENGE: starting at the dawn of time!  (Read 540478 times)

lorb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NEW CHALLENGE: starting at the dawn of time!
« Reply #420 on: June 23, 2012, 04:15:33 am »

This thread is a good read.

So ... is the list of participants still closed? Or is there a chance to get a spot on it?
Please be gracious in judging my english. (I am not a native speaker/writer.)
"This tile is supported by that wall."

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 23, 2012, 01:51:43 pm »

My journey right now is mostly traveling south-west trying to reach the mountainhome, nothings living inbetween me and it THANKS TO YOU GUYS. So once I get there I will be able to pass off the save.

Or if I die, but no night creatures are still alive to hunt me.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 23, 2012, 02:03:05 pm »

New bogeyman everynight, unfortunately. There is some kind of huge evil spirit orgy 24/7 to ensure that new bogeymen are being born constantly.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 23, 2012, 02:04:46 pm »

Its been 20 nights ingame, no bogeymen.

Wtf RNG? Now you decide to love me?
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 23, 2012, 11:03:01 pm »

Some biomes don't spawn boogeymen. I have noticed in the past though that killing lots of them seems to make them less likely to attack as well.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 23, 2012, 11:06:16 pm »

Some biomes don't spawn boogeymen. I have noticed in the past though that killing lots of them seems to make them less likely to attack as well.

Doesnt matter anyway, I have three companions now. For some reason my start-town had no soldiers. *sadfaic*

WHY SO MANY RIVERS, WHYWHYWHY.

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 23, 2012, 11:30:23 pm »

Wait until nightfall to cross them; most of the rivers freeze in this world at night.

Well, at least it does on the proper side of the planet. I guess I could have pointed that out earlier when you mentioned starting out in the Maroon Plains and going north, but it was a lot funnier this way.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 23, 2012, 11:38:54 pm »

Wait until nightfall to cross them; most of the rivers freeze in this world at night.

Well, at least it does on the proper side of the planet. I guess I could have pointed that out earlier when you mentioned starting out in the Maroon Plains and going north, but it was a lot funnier this way.

Im in the southern-west lands now. They are frozen 24/7.

I have gone into V THIRSTY five times now. I am existing off of the rare dingo swarm.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 23, 2012, 11:40:52 pm »

Grab snow. Light camp fire. Press shift+I and interact with snow. Warm snow at camp fire. Drink water coating (hands)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 23, 2012, 11:42:19 pm »

Are you sure that you're in the southwest? That's a tropical region while the northwest is tundra/glacier, which would explain the lack of boogeymen as they don't appear in frozen climates.

Anyway, if it's always frozen, is there snow? You can pick it up and melt it by interacting with a campfire after all.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 23, 2012, 11:52:33 pm »

Okay guys, WTF? How are you guys dieing? I havent come CLOSE to death aside from bogeymen.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 11:58:07 pm by Corai »

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 24, 2012, 12:15:36 am »

In the center of the world, a great army of wolves, dingos, bogeymen, and assorted animals all surrounded a dead dwarf. They trampled the corpse, and ripped it apart in a rage.

"This Cog Tarondom! He must be stopped!" A wolf howled.

"HAHAHAHA. MY MEN. MY MEN TAKE CARE OF TINY MAN. HAHAHAHAHHAAH. HE HAVE FRIENDS THOUGH. ME NO RISK MEN." A bogeymen cackled out.

"WEEEEEEEEE MUST SLEW HIM! I HAVE MANY DINGOS THERE. I WILL GET THE KILL!" A giant dingo howled.

"That dwarf cannot reach the mountains, or we will never get him!" another wolf screeched out.

"WAIT. HEHEHEHEHEHEHEH." A bogeyman screamed.

"What?"

"SILLY DWARF. SILLY DWARF! HAHAHAHHA, DWARF GO EVIL LAND. HE GO EVIL FOREST!" the bogeyman cackled.

"By Armok! That idiot!" A groundhog squeaked.

"The zombies will get him!" a dingo said, smiling.

"HHEHEHEHEHEE. ZOMBIE KILL COMPANIONS. BOGEYMEN KILL COG TARONDOM! HAHAHAHAHAH. HAHAHAHHAA. AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA." the bogeyman cackled, falling to the floor. The other beasts looked in horror as the vile man kept laughing, even with a crossbow in his head. A dwarf and two humans pushed the corpse away and walked foward. A wolf charged the three, it was quickly put down with a crossbow bolt to the face.

"For all you the dwarves you bitches have killed." The dwarf said, loading his crossbow.

-Got bored, wrote this.-

---

Armok sat at his skull throne, listening to the night creature's pleas.

"This dwarf, you say. Is killing off your brethren?" He said, then erupted in a laughter, sending his clown-slaves trembling.

"THATS FANTASTIC!"

"But there will be no more to kill soon!" A wolf said, Armok instantly stopped laughing. "What do you need." He said.

"Power." A dingo said. The dingo was then struck down by Armok, the rest of the creatures fled back into reality.

---

Cog Taraddom and his companions marched south, now horribly lost. They laid down for rest, and two hours later, they awoke to a demonic howling.

Taronddom looked at the beasts, dingos. But these...they were faster.

In moments the pack pounced, shredding a companion as it screamed.

Another got the metalworker by the throat.

Taronddom got the worst of it, running to save his allies, the pack instantly turned and bounced. Flesh ripped from bone, bleeding profusly, he screamed for the first time in ages. No marital trance came to save him, Armok forsaken, he kept swinging his crossbow.

The dingos were repelled, leaving three mortally wounded warriors. Trekking on, they went to a cave. The dwarf was determined to die underground, like a dwarf. Clutching his skulls, he murmered a prayer to Armok as he took a sharp rock and slit his throat, his bag emptying into the cavern floors.

---

The bogeymen, dingos, demons, and wolves all laughed. They watched as the dwarf fell ovver, dead from slitting his throat.

"IT IS OVER. TARONDDOM IS DEAD!" A dingoman said. Roars from around the world were heard. Bogeymen cackled. Wolves howled. The dingoslayer was dead at last.

-END-

I died. I realised I was WAAAAY over the max-time I could spend on my turn, and it would take a WEEK aprox to get past everything in my way to the fort.

*COUGH WRONG SIDE, WRONG HALF, WRONG HEMISPHERE, WRONG CORNER*

Sorry Crossroads, I went the wrong way. Saves http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6565

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyone who goes there, do me a favor and get my skull-bag. My corpse is somewhere in the cave right next to the river.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 01:29:00 am by Corai »

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 24, 2012, 05:37:32 am »

*Face palms* :'(
Oh Corai Corai Corai
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 24, 2012, 05:39:39 am »

Thats what I said.

I mean, HOW did I get to the wrong side of the planet three times in one world?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 24, 2012, 05:43:37 am »

Co
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
rai...

Good try none the less, bro.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 120