Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 120

Author Topic: NEW CHALLENGE: starting at the dawn of time!  (Read 540574 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: NEW CHALLENGE: starting at the dawn of time!
« Reply #480 on: June 26, 2012, 07:03:51 am »

It's 34.06.

Aka before minecarts.

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 26, 2012, 07:23:34 am »

Well Bloody Hellz,
I downloaded just the region file and it STILL doesn't work.
Which is rather bothersome seeing as how I was the one who created the region in the first place!!!
Is it possible it pased through different mods and is unreadable or somethign to me?
Keep in mind I am using a Mac version.
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

Orky_Boss

• Bay Watcher
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 26, 2012, 07:29:05 am »

Armok DAMNIT!! I can't seem to get the savegame working! Weather it's 34.07 or 34.06, I can not, for the life of me, get the world to show up on the 'start playing' option! The only one it does work on is my 34.11 version, which features MINECARTS, something that would probably crash the game later on.

I mean, is the save working fine for everyone else, or am I not alone?

I'm using PC version.
Shit! He's flatlining! Quick, get the Doctor in!

Doctor: Nah, I'm on break.

parlor_tricks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://noyb
« Reply #483 on: June 26, 2012, 07:31:01 am »

I just mucked about for fun and it worked. :s.
 I used the mediafire one posted a few pages back.

Orky_Boss

• Bay Watcher
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 26, 2012, 07:32:35 am »

Well, are you using the entire DF file, or did you extract the save file into another DF?

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 26, 2012, 07:36:50 am »

Both me and Orky seem to have the same problem.

I downloaded the full file, removed just the Save folder and tossed it into my current game.
I think this started with whoever uploaded the Whole game first instead of just the region folder.

If Orky was also using a Mac, that might mean something but HE is using a PC.
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 26, 2012, 07:41:55 am »

I zipped the entire folder I was given, which was a fresh 34.06 save containing Licevathiira immediately after Orky's turn.

Orky included 34.06 in the save.

As for the rest, I've no clue. I was tempted to update it to Phoebus tiles, but I refrained: I can play adventure mode passably in Code 431.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 26, 2012, 07:42:40 am »

I think that someone played it whith another version. and you can do that one way, but not the other.
like: First there are no minecarts and then, after someone playes it with another version, dwarfs begin to make Minecarts,.etc.... And when you return to the first version, the game can't read thes minecarts and says what's this?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 26, 2012, 07:49:47 am »

I'm going to dl the current version and see what's wrong.

uggi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 26, 2012, 08:16:35 am »

Looking back, I played my turn with 0.34.07. Now if the save runs fine with 0.34.11, why can't you just play with it? As far as I know, saves are compatible back to 0.34.02 or something. My current fort was started back in 0.34.02 days and now I'm playing it with 0.34.11. Haven't tried minecarts though, but I don't see why they wouldn't work.

Are you people sure you've got the right directory structure? It should be df/data/save/Licevaathira, not df/data/save/save/Licevaathira. Inside the Licevaathira folder there should be dozens of .dat files and a folder called raw.

Toady really should implement some kind of export/import function for save games, to avoid these problems in every single community game.

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 26, 2012, 09:52:05 am »

I downloaded the same thing as Orky. It's .09, I believe that's what Corai got too as I downloaded that one as well and remember going on a quest for graphics that fit .09.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Orky_Boss

• Bay Watcher
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 26, 2012, 10:05:07 am »

Well, I'm just going to use .11, so if something happens... *shrug*

Well, here's my info. Wish me luck...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9nK0vX743Y
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 10:06:38 am by Orky_Boss »

Orky_Boss

• Bay Watcher
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 26, 2012, 10:42:47 am »

You pick up a journal with a leather cover and binded with leather strips. On the cover is granite letters that spell out 'Orky Boss's' Journal. The book has seen some use, but it is more or less readable.

Day 1
Greetings. My name is Orky 'Boss' Lessonlancer. I have been assigned to go on a pilgramage to a fort that is in the edge of known territory, The bottom left corner, to be exact.

I have been lucky enough to have alread owned an Iron Battleaxe, and managed to get a steel shield from the marketplaces. Unfortunatly, I have no bodyarmour to speak of, so I still need to be careful.

I decided to give those in my town a chance to join my cause, and managed to convince a human Axeman and lasher to join me.

Seeing that the fortress was a simple short walk to the SE of my position, I decide to head on over there to see if I couldn't find some dwarf-size armour. Unfortunately, the marketplace only had general good stores and a farmer's market, so  simply asked around for quests.
Turns out a minor criminal was holed up in the catacombs of the fortress, and I decided to take the time to kill him.

What I saw at the stairs to the catacombs was... most disturbing.

The corpse of a dwarf named Uggi Loloknòm.

Further investigation revealed that the dwarf had been a marksdwarf, having a pile of rocks in his bag as well as a pouch full of coins and a quiver full of arrows. It was impossile to find out how he died, as the corpse had rotten too much for any details to remain, but the kill had been messy, that much was certain.

These were the contents of the bag:

Unfortunatly the dwarf did not have any sort of armour, so I simply had to do with feeling naked.

I shall write more later after I kill the bandit.

=End=

Orky_Boss

• Bay Watcher
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 26, 2012, 10:50:58 am »

*Short Update*

I have entered the catacombs, and found a bronze door with arrows layone on the ground at the entrance and as well as a bronze shield. This is most likely the location of the foul bandit's den. The air reeks of of rotten flesh, and the arrows seem tipped with dried blood.

In addition to this evidence, the human axeman simply rushed on in, screaming some sort of battlecry. The door muffles any possible combat, but I am wary. I draw my axe, and began to walk slowly towards the door, paradying the expert sneaking skills of thiefs and bandits.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 10:57:00 am by Orky_Boss »

Orky_Boss

• Bay Watcher
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 26, 2012, 12:55:37 pm »

Rather than do a head on fight, I realize that a flanking manuver would be much more suitable, and go a short walk around the room, which I assumed to have bandits inside. Strangely, the axeman followed suit, and was not wounded in any visible way, but the lasher was no where in sight.

When I reached the other side, I was greeted by several kobolds, some swordsman and others bowmen. I quickly retreat back though the door and let the axeman take the hits, who manages to hackoff a few body parts before being punctured in several vital areas, and simply crawled away from the fight, refusing to follow me to battle.

Grimancing, I begin to play a game of peek a boo, using the wall between me and the bowman to hack at them and then run away before they can get a clear shot. Repeating this several times, I manage to kill one bowman and had the named bowman, who turned out to be the killer of the Uggi dwarf by his bragging before the battle, down on he ground, and began hacking and slashing at the cripple, the occasional bolts that I blocked revealing there was another bowman close by.

After the leader bled to death, I charged towards the lone bowman, who I could see had a visible expression of panic before I removed his head from his body wit a clean swipe.

When he battle was over, I returned to the door that I had origionally encountered to see the corpse of the human lasher, who managed to kill a kobold swordsman before being turned into a human pincushion. I gave him my regards, then began to shift through the kobold's corpses.

After a little bit of tinkering, I managed to fuse an iron shield with my steel shield, giving me an extra layer of protection until I found proper body armour. I then noticed the the axeman limp himself over to me, continuing to follow me to the death, despite several flashes of unconcousness. A true companion.

I walked out the catacombs, content to tell of my victory, when I noticed a kobold swordsman lying on the ground, his leg broken likely from a brawl with the axeman, who, sadly, had been unable to climb the stairs. I couldn't give the axeman Armok's mercy without a misunderstanding with the nation which he was from, so I was forced to leave him to die.

As for the kobold, it only took a little bit of limb removal for him to die.

I look back at the corpse of the dwarf known as Uggi, and I suddenly noticed something tucked in his shirt. I picked it up, and it turned out to be a note, an invitation, actually. The note was just like the one I had, an announcement of the pilgramage all able-bodied dwarves were to take on the journey to the Fortress location at the edge of known land. I look back at the corpse with newfound porpose. This dwarf had worked his last months of life to reach the settlement, and by armok, he would reach the settlement, whether he knew he had done so or not.

And so, I began to drag Uggi's corpse with me in my journey to the dwarven settlement.

=END=

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 120