Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 120

Author Topic: NEW CHALLENGE: starting at the dawn of time!  (Read 539206 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: NEW CHALLENGE: starting at the dawn of time!
« Reply #675 on: July 06, 2012, 11:50:56 pm »

On your journey map, I notice a lair or something a couple tiles south of your blue line, about halfway between the last two lairs/caves you plan to stop at.  Any particular reason you are skipping that spot on your journey?
It seems a bit out of the way. Why risk the extra journey length?

That's exactly my reason, and also, historically mountains have always been doom for me when I play adventure mode. D:

I am taking a rather circuitous route, but I deem it the safest possible. The only possible danger is dying to whatever is in the caves; though I am now a Skilled ambusher, and a Grand Master thrower, I think I should be alright. (And gosh, bolts do HUGE damage when thrown).

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: July 06, 2012, 11:53:50 pm »

On your journey map, I notice a lair or something a couple tiles south of your blue line, about halfway between the last two lairs/caves you plan to stop at.  Any particular reason you are skipping that spot on your journey?
It seems a bit out of the way. Why risk the extra journey length?

That's exactly my reason, and also, historically mountains have always been doom for me when I play adventure mode. D:

I am taking a rather circuitous route, but I deem it the safest possible. The only possible danger is dying to whatever is in the caves; though I am now a Skilled ambusher, and a Grand Master thrower, I think I should be alright. (And gosh, bolts do HUGE damage when thrown).

Screw that, use bolts as a meele weapon.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: July 06, 2012, 11:58:40 pm »

Training up a legendary misc obj. user right now. Trying to see if it's as good as other weapon skills (lasher, spearman.) Maybe it is to melee what throwing is to ranged?

Anyway, Mountains are hit-or-miss. They generally have few animals, but the ones they do have will either be murderous or completely harmless (well, unless you accidently try to walk up a ramp into one and thus auto-attack it... yaks kill many of mine that way.) But if you mind what's above and below you on the ramps, yaks won't bother you. Of course, the other half of the time it's giant freaking eagles (pure evil).
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: July 07, 2012, 12:15:57 am »

Bolts are a passable melee weapon, probably on par with the stabby boning knives.

Thrown by a legendary thrower, they're almost instant death.

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: July 07, 2012, 03:03:27 am »

Training up a legendary misc obj. user right now. Trying to see if it's as good as other weapon skills (lasher, spearman.) Maybe it is to melee what throwing is to ranged?

Misc. Object User is heavily dependent on the item you are using. If you can find a furniture shop that has lead or gold furniture, you can kill just about anything that can die from blunt trauma with ease.

Anyway, Mountains are hit-or-miss. They generally have few animals, but the ones they do have will either be murderous or completely harmless (well, unless you accidently try to walk up a ramp into one and thus auto-attack it... yaks kill many of mine that way.) But if you mind what's above and below you on the ramps, yaks won't bother you. Of course, the other half of the time it's giant freaking eagles (pure evil).

Yaks are brutal thanks to their ninja skills; if your initial attack misses, they always seem to leap straight up and plant a hoof directly in your brain.

Far as the Bronze Tower goes, it's relatively safe. The overwhelming majority of animals Nish encountered during his hike were keas. There were a handful of wolverine men, but those were few and far between. No yaks at all that I ever saw. 
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 03:14:14 am by Ubiq »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: July 07, 2012, 03:33:40 am »

I have made an effort to stay away from anything with hooves, given I have NO armour.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: July 07, 2012, 11:14:47 am »

I have made an effort to stay away from anything with hooves, given I have NO armour.
Sound logic. :D  I remember the elven swordsman that had his head handed to him by one of my horses in fort mode ... *shudders* it was ugly what that horse did to him, aside from literally kicking his head off.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Zale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: July 07, 2012, 01:09:56 pm »

So, how's the journey going?

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: July 07, 2012, 03:03:32 pm »

Hmmm, It HAS been almost a week for Reudh..
(taps watch)
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: July 07, 2012, 09:13:03 pm »

(I don't get much time to just play, I've been doing a lot of things. I'm still in Arthadapen, preparing to leave for the next cave.)

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: July 07, 2012, 09:13:48 pm »

Ok no worries :)
As long as your still alive, thats the important part :P
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: July 07, 2012, 09:18:58 pm »

Yeah, I gave up on sneaking across the countryside. It's too slow and I can't afford to lose another traveller unless i have more than one.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: July 08, 2012, 05:56:53 am »

With three new recruits, after the maceman from Arthadapen drowned (I WISH COMPANIONS HAD SWIMMING SKILLS), I left from Fistbristled. There is I; Mita Agepethit (Brotherlace), the pikeman; Rakel Atkilxaki (Seertactics), a hammerman; and lastly Puja Aslujirdo (Circledforded), a maceman.

We prepare to leave for Čthessárek Adilrotik, Glistenedechoed the Walled Nettle, southwest of us in Shethbahdiso, the Reticent Finger.

(Could someone do a drawing for me of Reudh II, Mita, Rakel, and Puja, as they leave the fort? Descriptions in the spoiler)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: July 08, 2012, 07:25:26 am »

I arrived at Čthessárek Adilrotik alone. Mita drowned, Puja got her head stomped in by a rhino and Rakel was systematically ripped apart by an alligator.
I had a narrow miss with a black mamba. Apparently their bite is instant death, so with my first two hits I severed its fangs. No fangs, no venom. I took Rakel's shield for extra safety.

In Čthessárek Adilrotik I found a giant mole. It was easy to defeat, and so I butchered it and have got a nice supply of food.

I go to sleep now, and await the morning.

cooky173

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: July 08, 2012, 04:52:23 pm »

I have had success with fast travelling after leaving the river (and walking far enough away) my companion was drowning at the time. no guarentees it will work
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 120