Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 120

Author Topic: NEW CHALLENGE: starting at the dawn of time!  (Read 539163 times)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NEW CHALLENGE: starting at the dawn of time!
« Reply #705 on: July 09, 2012, 07:31:06 am »

Even with Legendary +1 Thrower, I'm only managing to kill Bogeymen with water after about 75 thrown waters. I am sure sharper or denser objects would deal more damage though.

As far as I'm aware, thrower/ weapon skills only affect the accuracy, not the damage.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: July 09, 2012, 09:11:47 am »

As you will probably know, Melkor arrived at my fort in the VoD.
Well, after I abandoned the fort (it's objective complete) I decided to un retire Melkor to we where he started. (at the site of the abandoned fort, maybe?)
Actually, he started off in a human town (Balanceburn)
With the stuff he came to the fort with (unsurprisingly)
Which is strange. Wouldn't he start at the site of the fort?
Anyway, if we are forced to abandon, perhaps it would be fun for the survivers to make their way back and rebuild.
I think its because Adv. Mode always starts you in a human town right now, since nothing else actually exists in game yet.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: July 09, 2012, 09:22:15 am »

No, Nish started in the mountain home when I tried him. Mabye 'run away into wilderness' means 'run halfway across map to human town'
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: July 09, 2012, 10:13:58 pm »

Update: I'm halfway between the last cave stop and the second last cave stop, having left the elven lands. I nearly ran out of food, but I've got enough to last me to Silverysects.

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: July 10, 2012, 05:58:35 am »

HAZZAH! congrats you are almost there Reudh!
Time to start contacting the next person on the list.
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: July 10, 2012, 07:13:38 am »

Tired, hungry and battered, I make it to Ralevost. As I climb the hill... I see dwarves. I see dwarves! Dwarves!

My people! I have come home!

At last, at last, at long long last...
I have made it to Ralevost! I have only the last hint of food left, thank Armok I made it here!

Thank you for being a great god, Armok! Truly, you saw that we were going to make more blood than our death would! At last!

I shall settle myself in a small burrow. We catch what we can. I must tell you dwarves of my journey first. Melkor, Nish, Orky...

I cannot bear the full story, I am so hungry and tired so I may just tell you my times.

My first companion, Dof Visionbuttered came with me out of Praisebasins to the north. He drowned in the river that followed... He had a wife and six children. Though I admired his tenacity, he should not have followed me.

My second, after arriving at Touchwaved; Kado Cradlerise followed me almost to Necronights before I lost sight of him; thereafter I heard no more of him.
I presume he's still out there somewhere.

Puja and Rakel, my third and fourth, from Fistbristled, were struck down by Smohomli, Distrusthowl, a rhino, and Imigistri, Rumourwarned, an alligator. Tis a great pity, but they had no family so their deaths are not so bad as Dof's.

I myself did not make a name for myself. The name of Lord Reudh Strangerdanger is a dangerous one. I merely slaughtered those who attacked me; carefully to avoid injury.

I did get lightly injured on the way. An alligator manage to break one of my ears; later, a mole smashed one of my toes. I should be alright; I can still walk.

What did I kill? I shall list them.
Two tiercel peregrines in Apap Iman, the Hill of Workers
Four cavy sows in Apap Iman
Two cavy boars in Apap Iman
One Armadillo boar in Apap Iman
Six BOGEYMEN OF APAP IMAN
Three wild boars in Apap Iman
One warthog in Apap Iman
One impala in Apap Iman
One black mamba in Apap Iman - Their meat is delicious, especially the brain!
One giant mole from the depths of the world in Glistenechoed the Walled Nettle
One raven in Apap Iman
One alligator that fell to my hydrokinesis in Apap Iman
One crab in Apap Iman, and four in the First Steppes. One more in the ocean, the Ferocious Waters. Their flesh was delightful. I did not get to cook it.
A Gorlak! What strange creature! I found it prodding my fire in Flierumbra the Ambiguous Intricacy. It was very resilient, but fell to my fist.
I killed another black mamba in the Murk of Murdering, the jungle lands near the elves and near to where we are now.
I managed to fight off an anaconda with only bruising in the Murk of Murdering.
I killed two Troglodytes who tried to kill me in Yearechoes, and one as he fled.
I even managed to defeat a GIANT ANACONDA! Oh heart stopping moment, they are dangerous creatures!
A giant tick too. Those mouthparts are lightning quick, but their head is weak. I stabbed it and took its brains, kidneys and lungs. They sustained me here.

Would you like to see my hydrokinesis? It came to me when I was surrounded by bogeyman. A voice that described itself --- it sounded like it said both "UBIQ..." and "DOSHEB..." at once, but that is not possible- it told me to drop my water on the ground and I could then generate it in my hands. The tipping point was when I killed one with mere water! Ha!

And so Lord Reudh II Strangerdanger the Raven of Evil, or Lord Reudh II Rakaskezat Toltot Gedor sat down happily with his own kind to a warm meal, the first he had had in weeks. Life was looking good.

Save's here

It was a tough road, but I made it! Have fun, whoever's next!

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: July 10, 2012, 09:11:22 am »

What a tale!  We must engrave this into the walls of our fortress to be! :D

According to page 1, Fen is next.
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: July 10, 2012, 09:49:36 am »

Already sent the Save file to him via a PM.
And from what our "Beta testers" show, we will indeed be engraving the exploits of our heros on the Fort.... Once it is actually started :P

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: July 10, 2012, 11:07:26 am »

Already sent the Save file to him via a PM.
And from what our "Beta testers" show, we will indeed be engraving the exploits of our heros on the Fort.... Once it is actually started :P

But where will the fort be?
Silverysects or The VoD?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 11:49:29 am by TopHat »

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: July 10, 2012, 11:52:52 am »

I am thinking Silverysects.
The area around there has lots of iron ore, flux stone and other goodies.

Most of the spots I have scouted in the Valley of the Dwarves, has been mostly Flux stone free, and mostly nickle and tin with few iron deposits.

If you can find a more choice spot by all means let us know ;)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: July 10, 2012, 08:47:29 pm »

Silverysects also has a huge amount of kea in the area, so our militia should probably be archers to begin with. Reudh would be perfect in that role with his Legendary Archer skill.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: July 10, 2012, 09:59:22 pm »

I've had good luck with five speardwarves (just now grown to 10) and 3 or 4 hunters to keep my population of giant ravens, giant keas, giant love birds, giant grasshoppers, and thieves and such in check. ;)

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: July 11, 2012, 02:22:07 pm »

Has anyone heard from Fen?
Been a few days since I sent him the save and no replay...

Shininglight

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi There
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: July 11, 2012, 02:54:24 pm »

Hello I was wondering if you're still taking volunteers? This is somethign i'd love to get in on.
tl;dr: My fortress is literally powered by puppy skulls.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: July 11, 2012, 09:37:10 pm »

Has anyone heard from Fen?
Been a few days since I sent him the save and no replay...

Local Time:
    July 11, 2012, 09:36:26 pm
Last Active:
    July 09, 2012, 11:29:04 am.

He's probably doin' something important or has something going on.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 120