Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 120

Author Topic: NEW CHALLENGE: starting at the dawn of time!  (Read 539210 times)

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
Re: NEW CHALLENGE: starting at the dawn of time!
« Reply #855 on: September 10, 2012, 07:27:57 am »

Hope so, have to say I am really excited about it.
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

uggi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: September 10, 2012, 04:23:22 pm »

Turning me and Ettad into husks is bad, right? Found a cursed cloud that does exactly that.
Pros: immortality, well, kind of
Cons: an eternal battle with Ettad, gets boring after he removes all of your limbs and blocks your biting attempts

Have to roll back the save a bit and go around the area. Or: we could also turn into husks simultaneously and continue the journey. Not sure if I could still retire in the mountainhomes. And would I then come back as a husk migrant..? Any ideas?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: September 10, 2012, 06:37:56 pm »

You'd likely be able to settle in the area and occasionally roam onto the map, as you would no longer be dwarf.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: September 10, 2012, 08:54:03 pm »

It would defeat the purpose of coming to help found, as you'd just be monsters.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: September 11, 2012, 07:32:20 am »

As awesome as it would be, sadly I will have to vote for the reload on this :/
Of course upload the "evil" save so others cave have fun with it before going back to normal :P

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: September 13, 2012, 12:21:26 pm »

Hows the evil husk thing coming along? :P

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: September 13, 2012, 03:34:36 pm »

Haven't read through the entire thread yet...

But is there anything to update the OP with?

Also, when it goes fortress mode succession I'd like a turn if it's available.
I regret to inform the community that the mass murder of puppies does not create a viable clock.
I don't know if you need other ideas when you have magma.

uggi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: September 16, 2012, 05:09:04 pm »

11th Malachite, 11

It's a surprisingly quiet night in the jungle. Maybe the bad weather keeps the monsters in their hideouts. It's still raining when we wake up in the morning.

After a short walk we run into another weird creature. An enermous hamster! For such a huge animal it moves amazingly fast. Ettad gets knocked down repeatedly by the hamster's charges and he seems to have real trouble fighting with it. I try my luck wrestling with the animal, but it's way too heavy for me to move. I manage to break its leg with my pick, slowing it down and then get a really nice Fist of Urist moment.

We meet more animals like the hamster. Giant animals. Strange giant sponges in the rivers. And alligators. Getting around them with a murderous human takes a lot of time. I sure hope we can get out of this damned jungle soon. We are forced to spend another night in the jungle.

12th Malachite, 11

Something wakes us up in the middle of the night. I can't see anything behind the campfire perimeter, and I'm not going to wander around in the middle of the night with all those giant animals roaming around. Maybe we're just getting paranoid. After a while we manage to fall back to sleep and wake up in the morning, refreshed.

Later in the morning when we cross another river, a carp lunges at me. I end up fighting with a whole bunch of carps, while Ettad runs around after wild boars.

Finally! We're out from the jungle. I'm not really sure if that's a good thing, seeing what's in front of us. The landscape looks... evil.

While we are wondering which way to go to get around the haunted area, two lions ambush us. We're both first knocked down by their charges, but we manage to get the upper edge by disabling their legs.

We end up walking right through the haunted area. It doesn't actually look so bad. Just some weird smoke floating around. I still feel we should stay clear from that.

The wildlife here seems possessed by evil forces. We meet a herd of impalas, but they're not running away from us like the other herbivores we have seen before. Instead, they attack us. Ettad seems pleased.

Suddenly the weird looking smoke starts moving towards us. We're only seconds away from being engulfed in the smoke when we dive into a river.

We spend a few moments in the river waiting for the smoke to drift away. When the air has cleared we get up, and see what the smoke did to the wildlife. Two warthogs got caught in the smoke and they turned into these ...monstrous things, that I don't even know how to describe. They charge at us, Ettad gets hurt, and we're soon in a big trouble.

No matter how much we beat them, they just won't die. We can only hope that dismembering them enough will make them stop moving.

The battlefield is soon cluttered with various warthog parts, but the things are still moving! We manage to remove their most dangerous parts: their husks and hooves, but they're still trying to wrestle us.

After what feels like hours of fighting, I finally manage to get a lucky headshot and behead one of the warthogs, and it falls down dead.

The other warthog is even harder to kill, even with its limbs cut off it keeps dodging my blows. It takes a lot of beating until I get another lucky strike and remove its head.

Ettad took quite a beating and has been unconscious and vomiting. I can't do much but wait and hope that he recovers enough so that we can move out from the haunted area.

After a few hours, Ettad gets back on his feet again and we can finally leave the cursed area behind.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: September 16, 2012, 05:16:48 pm »

Blimey, that's fantastic Uggi! I'm surprised Ettad had the wits to avoid the fog as well.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: September 17, 2012, 12:16:51 am »

Yeah, I thought Ettad would get husked. Good thing he didn't!
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: September 17, 2012, 10:48:32 am »

Incredable stuff Uggi!
Seems like you have been at this forever! where are you on the map? I don't rememebr passing by an evil area like that on my trip...

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: September 17, 2012, 10:55:34 am »

Yeah, I thought Ettad would get husked. Good thing he didn't!
Ettad + husked = no more animals. Anywhere.
Any chance of putting up the save from when you and Ettad got husked? I'd like to see who would win...
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: September 17, 2012, 01:26:07 pm »

Incredable stuff Uggi!
Seems like you have been at this forever! where are you on the map? I don't rememebr passing by an evil area like that on my trip...

Their current location is just past the Negative Hill, which is a bit off of the Ferocious Waters, which is the small ocean to the east of the Bronze Towers and the north of the Spike of Dancing. Still a fair distance to go and through goblin territory at that; there's no dark towers to worry about, but plenty of bandit groups to be ambushed by would be my guess.

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: September 20, 2012, 07:35:31 am »

Well I hope he is able to get there, I think his turn has been the longest so far ;/
It has been good stories, so I don't mind waiting,

omg_scout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: September 21, 2012, 01:54:14 pm »

Great read I had in this thread. Ty guys!
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 120