Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 120

Author Topic: NEW CHALLENGE: starting at the dawn of time!  (Read 539103 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: NEW CHALLENGE: starting at the dawn of time!
« Reply #870 on: September 23, 2012, 10:34:11 am »

Here's a drawing that was done for me regarding Reudh's destruction of the bogeymen using water. Can't remember the author... :/

uggi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: September 23, 2012, 04:22:34 pm »

Bear with me, I'm getting closer. Done a few dwarven days worth of adventuring, will post when I've got some spare time.

uggi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: September 26, 2012, 03:40:09 pm »

13th Malachite, 11

I wake up in the next morning from the sounds of Ettad fighting with vultures. What a lovely morning.

During the day we cross several rivers, and every time Ettad finds something to fight with. He has clearly healed well and is happy to be able to kill things again. His kills for today:
- 2 vultures
- 5 cavy boars
- 2 warthogs

And one badly cut hippo that got away.

In the evening we see a huge swamp opening in front of us: The Murk of Murdering. Our destination lies directly behind it. Goblins are known to live in the swamp, and I'm hoping we could sneak around their territory. I'm feeling really paranoid when we're setting up the camp for the night. My usual strategy of surrounding the campsite from one side with a murky pool isn't going to work in here. The weather is so hot that all the pools have dried up. What a strange swamp this is. I'm leaving a small opening in the perimeter of campfires, just in case we get visitors at night.

14th Malachite, 11

The night goes without interruptions, a rare luxury in these days. We head south, following a major river. At noon we have to cross the river, as it turns towards the goblin territory. Behind the river rises a hill, and I spot an entrance leading inside it. I'm already feeling a bit drowsy, so we might as well explore the cave and maybe use it as a campsite for the night.

As we investigate the cave, I suddenly spot a giant bat dozing in a corner. I don't want Ettad to start messing with it, so I immediately sneak closer and manage to put it down with a single strike to the head from my pickaxe.

Of course Ettad finds another giant bat and starts fighting with it. The bat charges at him and Ettad is soon pinned to the ground and stunned. Knowing how these things can rip off limbs of unfortunate adventurers, I run to help him. I slow the bat down by breaking its leg and then bash its head open with my heavy crossbow.

We explore the cave further down and find another giant bat. Dismembering it takes a while.

As we descend even deeper down, the cave suddenly opens into a huge underground cavern.

We explore the cavern a bit, finding only some spider webs. Ettad gets caught in them repeatedly. I'm starting to get a feeling we should head back up. The webs look fresh and I don't want to meet the thing that built them. As we head back to the cave, yet another giant bat blocks our path. Luckily it doesn't offer much resistance.

Peeking out from the cave, I can see the sun is already in the western sky. Feeling drowsy, we decide to set up a camp inside the cave.

15th Malachite, 11

I'm not sure if it's morning yet, it's raining heavily outside and I can't see the sun. We head out from the cave anyway. We walk quite a bit and when the rain finally stops, turns out the sun is only starting to rise.

In the evening I spot a mountain peak in the horizon. It's the first one I've seen, ever. I think we're heading in the right direction!

Ettad isn't impressed. The humans don't appreciate the mountains like us dwarves do. While I'm admiring the view, he goes and dissects an anaconda into little pieces.

Thanks to the rain, we can again set up a campsite between two murky pools. While I'm setting up the perimeter, Ettad finds another anaconda and cuts it into pieces. He likes to exercise before going to sleep.

16th Malachite, 11

Another night goes by, surprisingly without interruptions. We get back on the trail, cross another big river and as the sun starts rising, we start climbing the mountain. And then discover that the mountain is actually a volcano! There's a huge pool of lava boiling inside the mountain! It's... beautiful!

I have to see this from above! I head up towards the summit, and got ambushed by an anaconda! I'm only inches away from falling into the lava below. A lucky headshot from my trusty pickaxe saves the day.

We reach the summit and I stop to admire the view. I don't know how long I spend staring at the lava. I'm hypnotized by the sight. It's just so ... DWARFY. Ettad has to drag me down from the mountain.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: September 26, 2012, 08:06:08 pm »

I hope we can hack Ettad into becoming part of the mountain home.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: September 26, 2012, 08:16:03 pm »

Too bad we'd have to hack the save to make him a dwarf. ;)
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: September 26, 2012, 08:23:55 pm »

As we discussed earlier, we can retire Ettad in the area as long as we gain control of him using another adventurer that we can throwaway.

Dfusion'd be required. But you can have non dwarf migrants, it works.

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: September 30, 2012, 10:01:43 am »

Dear god we are closing in on a Year of this, or it seems like it in any case.. Almost OCTOBER
I am half think after Uggi gets there of just going myself and startign it up :P
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: September 30, 2012, 12:51:17 pm »

Aw... I had a good, brief idea for mine. But I understand, due to succinctness.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: October 08, 2012, 06:17:53 pm »

going to PM Uggi make sure hes ok with the game.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 08:26:46 pm by Crossroads Inc. »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: October 08, 2012, 06:38:08 pm »

Perhaps a PM'd suffice.

uggi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: October 09, 2012, 04:09:46 pm »

Believe me, I do want to finish the turn. Last time I played I fast travelled a few tiles and got ambushed by gobbos. Hopefully will get a few hours worth of playtime in the following days.

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: October 15, 2012, 07:26:39 am »

Well keep us posted then! There is a lot of eager peeps following!

uggi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: October 15, 2012, 02:52:30 pm »

On the way back down from the mountain, Ettad kills another anaconda. And then a black mamba. Luckily he doesn't get bitten.

And later in the same day, at least five anacondas.

And a stingray, while crossing a river. Sigh.

I'm telling Ettad to stop being silly and walk faster. For a moment we actually make some progress. And then, of course, a goblin ambush!

I completely forgot we're in their territory! Luckily it's only a small group of goblins, and we can toy around with them.

While I'm keen to experiment with different kind of weapons, Ettad trusts his halberd. I stop for a moment to admire the bloodshed he's causing. He has truly mastered his axe skills and become an axe lord.

While I'm practising my hammering skills by breaking goblin bones with my crossbow, Ettad kills at least two goblins and then rushes towards me and the last goblin alive. I don't like Ettad stealing my kills so I ditch the crossbow and resort to my pickaxe and martial arts. It's time for another Fist of Urist moment.

After scavenging some weapons and an iron mail shirt from the dead goblins, we leave the scene before more of them show up. They're fun to play with but the sun is already low and I hate fighting in the darkness.

A bit later we see a weird sight. A naked mole dog, of all things. It's having a fight with two anacondas. And then they all get attacked by Ettad. The sight is really bizarre.

Well, I could as well join the battle and try out the silver maul I picked up from a dead goblin.

The naked mole dog is soon dead. I think I saw another one on the other side of the river and decide to check it out. I only find a wounded and very angry anaconda. I'm having some trouble hitting it with my new weapon and Ettad offers his help.

Oh, and there's the naked mole dog I saw earlier.

I wonder why Ettad doesn't join the battle. He's seen something else and gets himself into real trouble.

An alligator! Those things are serious business. I instantly forget about the naked mole dog and run to help Ettad.

The alligator makes charges at both of us, but while one of us is down, the other can strike the beast from behind.

Ettad disables the alligator by cutting its leg and I finish it by embedding my maul into its skull.

Just when we are leaving the scene, more alligators appears! Ettad of course runs straight towards them and I'm forced to join the battle.

Ettad gets a lucky headshot with his alligator, disabling it almost instantly. I'm however having much more trouble with my alligator. The thing keeps charging towards me, pinning me into ground repeatedly. Ettad thinks it's more important to torture the already crippled naked mole dog instead of helping me.

The naked mole dog finally bleds out and Ettad turns his interest back to the crippled alligator. The other alligator is still very alive and trying to eat me.

I'm cursing my weapon choice, as the maul isn't doing much damage against the alligator's thick skin. I left my backpacks along with all my pointy weapons on the other side of the river. I'm going through my stuff to find something sharper, and suddenly remember the quiver I'm carrying. I pull out an iron bolt and start stabbing the alligator with it. This turns out to be a good idea!

Once the alligator is crippled enough, it's just a matter of time to beat it to death. The final blow comes from my foot.

Meanwhile, Ettad is still toying around with his alligator. Feeling a bit angry about Ettad not helping me, I go and steal his kill.

I'm quite sure there's a cave nearby, as naked mole dogs are underground creatures. But we can't find anything that looks like a cave. Either the entrance to the cave has collapsed or it's flooded by the river. I don't want to hang around too long and attract even more alligators, so we leave the place and start searching for a better campsite for the night. We find a nice place between two murky pools and set up a camp there. Hopefully we don't get eaten by alligators at night.

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: October 15, 2012, 07:17:38 pm »

Get used to seeing alligators, uggi. They're everywhere around Silverysects.

How's those kill lists looking these days? Also, what is Ettad's full name? Uggi II Loloknom is Uggi II Granitegod the Romantic Virgin of Mouths or something like that, but I don't think you've ever told us Ettad's full name and title. House something or other.

HammerHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: October 17, 2012, 02:37:04 am »

This idea is incredible and I am posting to follow the crazy antics sure to ensue!
Sooooooaaaaaap!
Tha's grreat!
Soooocks!
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 120