Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 120

Author Topic: NEW CHALLENGE: starting at the dawn of time!  (Read 539098 times)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NEW CHALLENGE: starting at the dawn of time!
« Reply #885 on: October 17, 2012, 11:00:08 am »

Almost there... Almost there...
I can just imagine what happens next...
Uggi and Ettad have reached Silverysects! The *insert completely harmless animal here* has become enraged! Uggi has been struck down...
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: October 17, 2012, 05:23:34 pm »

Nothing survives the alligator apocalypse! :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: October 18, 2012, 04:49:39 am »

I'm watching this thread eagerly. Go Uggi and Ettad go!!!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
  • dwarven child care=!!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: October 18, 2012, 06:44:31 am »

Two days ago till now I have faithfully read EVERY single page and I am a fan of uggi the romantic virgin (lol)  and ettad the immortal suicide  :P.I will not be able to play with you guys but I would like to add a little something, how about something of a national anthem for your fortress?
Legend tells of a fort besieged by a dragon. When 79 brave recruits fell to its breath, the last dwarf of the fort took up arms. He sprung from his sickbed and claimed an adamant one sword before he bulrushes the dragon. A clean swipe severs the head. But the dragon claws him in the lower body and burns him alive. As he melts into a pile of booze and fat, I rename him Ronnie James Dio and change his profession to dragonslayer. He will forever be immortalized and worshipped as a dragonslayer God.

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: October 18, 2012, 10:13:17 am »

By all means go ahead!
The more Dwarfy the better!
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: October 18, 2012, 11:56:28 am »

Uggi and Ettad have reached Silverysects! The *insert completely harmless animal here* has become enraged! Uggi has been struck down...

Ettad: *Snort.* Sidekicks, am I right?

Nish and Reudh just shrug and go back to arguing over where their respective monuments are going to go.

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: October 18, 2012, 01:28:44 pm »

Well, I know what I'm doing when I get home from work...STRIKE THE EARTH on a newly minted world.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: October 18, 2012, 01:53:26 pm »

Now in order to see how this song is sung -look at the song sung by the dwarves in the upcoming movie the hobbit.I got a lot of lyrics from the book.

Far over the misty mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
We must away ere break of day
To find a land to call our home

We dwarves will weave mighty spells
While hammers fall like ringing bells
in places deep, where dark things sleep
in hollow halls beneath the fells

For human king and elvish lord
Our many a gleaming hoard
We'll shape and bind the light we catch
to hide in gems on hilt of sword

On silver necklaces we'll string
The flowing stars, on crowns they hang
The dragon fire we'll twist in wire
And mesh the light of moon and sun

Far over the misty mountains cold
Through dungeons deep and caverns old
We must away ere break of day
To plumb the earth for gold and clay

Goblets we'll carve here for ourselves
And harps of gold where no man delves
Together we'll play and many a song
to be unheard by men or elves

The goblins were roaring on the hight
The dingos moaning in the night
There blood was red and far was spread
By seven dwarves blazed with light

The bells are ringing in the dale
And men look up with faces pale
The dwarvish ire more fierce than ire
laid low their towers and houses frail

The mountain smoked beneath the moon
The elves, the heard the tramp of doom
The fled their halls to dying fall
Beneath their feet, beneath the moon

Far over the misty mountains grim
To dungeons deep and caverns grim
We must away ere break pf day
To pillage their harps and gold from them!

-------the seven founding dwarves

Legend tells of a fort besieged by a dragon. When 79 brave recruits fell to its breath, the last dwarf of the fort took up arms. He sprung from his sickbed and claimed an adamant one sword before he bulrushes the dragon. A clean swipe severs the head. But the dragon claws him in the lower body and burns him alive. As he melts into a pile of booze and fat, I rename him Ronnie James Dio and change his profession to dragonslayer. He will forever be immortalized and worshipped as a dragonslayer God.

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: October 18, 2012, 01:55:20 pm »

*more fierce than fire

Banarok

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: October 18, 2012, 05:26:44 pm »

Get used to seeing alligators, uggi. They're everywhere around Silverysects.

How's those kill lists looking these days? Also, what is Ettad's full name? Uggi II Loloknom is Uggi II Granitegod the Romantic Virgin of Mouths or something like that, but I don't think you've ever told us Ettad's full name and title. House something or other.

i don't know about surname but his title is immortal suicide, and it's strangely fitting.

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: October 18, 2012, 05:27:31 pm »

Lol

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: October 18, 2012, 06:53:08 pm »

I forced both Reudh and Reudh II to have titles.

"Reudh somethingsomething the Ageless Nightmare of Apes"
and "Reudh II Strangerdanger the Raven of Evil."

uggi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: October 21, 2012, 04:07:05 pm »

17th Malachite, 11

The night is actually surprisingly calm. We wake up early in the morning from the sounds of rain and head out towards southwest. I'm feeling refreshed and less paranoid today as we're getting farther away from the goblin territory.

At noon we spot a series of mountain tops in the horizon. Not only one mountain, but a real mountain range. These must be the mountains we're after!

I can't wait to get to the mountains! Ettad isn't impressed by them, in fact he's being really grumpy today. He's complaining about the fact that it's already noon and he hasn't found anything to fight with yet.

Until...  we cross another river and three alligators attack us!

We're both swimming in the middle of a river when the beasts attack us. I learned my lesson the last time we fought alligators: blunt weapons are useless against them. So I'm using a scimitar instead. And it's doing its job well.

The alligators should be in their element, but somehow their attacks seem weaker. They keep charging at us, but can't do any actual damage. Our edged weapons however cut nicely through their skins. Two of them are soon crippled enough to pose no threat to us.

One of the alligators drops unconscious. I leave it be for now and focus on the one that's still in full health. I soon get a really lucky strike with my scimitar and slash its head clean off. I'm starting to like this weapon.

I turn my attention back to the first alligator, and put it down without much trouble. Another Fist of Urist moment!

Ettad is still messing with his alligator and not getting much done, so I finish the job myself.

Ettad finally got his daily adrenaline rush, but now he's furious for me getting all the kills. Humans, nothing's ever good enough for them.

We keep on travelling and soon arrive on a beach of a beautiful lake and decide to follow the beach around it.

Still angry about not getting any kills today Ettad goes and charges at the first thing he sees, which happens to be a duck. He rips the poor thing into pieces with his bare teeth. I see him doing these things every day but never really get used to it.

We find a narrow strip of land which both makes a nice shortcut and also offers a good view into the lake.

The rest of the day goes by quickly. While I'm searching for a good place to set up a camp for the night, Ettad does some housecleaning.

uggi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: October 21, 2012, 04:21:33 pm »

How's those kill lists looking these days? Also, what is Ettad's full name? Uggi II Loloknom is Uggi II Granitegod the Romantic Virgin of Mouths or something like that, but I don't think you've ever told us Ettad's full name and title. House something or other.

Ettad Fighttrade the Immortal Suicide. He's got 16 notable kills, 98 other kills. Still no alligator kills for him. I've got 22 notables, 48 other kills.

Ettad's got an infection in his ear, but I don't think companions can die from it?

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: October 21, 2012, 04:40:28 pm »

Scimitars are brutally effective. The only difference between a short sword and a scimitar is the contact area for the pommel, but a scimitar in the hands of a dwarf in the martial trance will reduce most opponents to a cloud of bloody mist.

Ettad Fighttrade the Immortal Suicide. He's got 16 notable kills, 98 other kills. Still no alligator kills for him. I've got 22 notables, 48 other kills.

That lack of alligator kills has to be just infuriating to Ettad.

Ettad's got an infection in his ear, but I don't think companions can die from it?

I haven't ever lost a companion to that sort of thing, but then I don't know that I've ever had a companion last enough to die from that sort of thing either.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 120