Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 120

Author Topic: NEW CHALLENGE: starting at the dawn of time!  (Read 541163 times)

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NEW CHALLENGE: starting at the dawn of time!
« Reply #1020 on: December 29, 2012, 02:07:01 pm »

It's odd to think that it's been about seven months since I finished my part of this; it doesn't seem that long at all.

Odder to think that my entire turn was only about three days long.

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
  • dwarven child care=!!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: December 29, 2012, 03:02:08 pm »

!!BEGINS TO SPASM!! !!TANTRUM SPIRAL IMMINENT!!
Legend tells of a fort besieged by a dragon. When 79 brave recruits fell to its breath, the last dwarf of the fort took up arms. He sprung from his sickbed and claimed an adamant one sword before he bulrushes the dragon. A clean swipe severs the head. But the dragon claws him in the lower body and burns him alive. As he melts into a pile of booze and fat, I rename him Ronnie James Dio and change his profession to dragonslayer. He will forever be immortalized and worshipped as a dragonslayer God.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: December 29, 2012, 05:06:15 pm »

Galena 25th, in the Year of Myth 11

A circle of dwarves around a camp fire, surrounded by piles of belongings and bodies. They look up as another approaches, wearing a mask, and wordlessly move aside as he takes his place among them. He is followed by an enormous bird, a falcon, trudging wearily behind.

As the faceless dwarf removes the dragon skull tied around the bird's back, a small leather-bound volume falls to the ground, along with a pair of crutches and shields. The bird seizes the book and leaps to the side, but looking apprehensively at the dwarf, sees he does nothing to stop him. The bird scores his leg with the talon of his other foot, coating it in blood, and scratches into the inside cover:

If anyone finds this journal, I hope to the gods he hasn't found you.

With that, he takes off, flying northeast at breakneck speed. The journal would be found near a hovel a week later, but no one ever saw the bird. A man in tattered clothes was seen, but only once. As far as the world was concerned, Kima Begonbatow died in the Year of Myth 11.

But we know better.

I left the waterskin, still with 2 units of dragon blood, with Noface's alpaca wool backpack. This contains many things, including his shield, crossbow, mask, and the dragon skull to ensure they'll be at the fort. All of Kima's stuff is in the Yak Hair backpack.

Here's Noface's final stats:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
With 41 Notable kills (mostly gobbos) and 130 other kills (mostly unfortunate animals)

We'll have to make him put the mask back on when he arrives, and since he has high military skills he probably won't show till the second wave.

Anyway, though, very sorry for the delay! Save in next post, still uploading.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: December 29, 2012, 05:22:34 pm »

SWEET
Legend tells of a fort besieged by a dragon. When 79 brave recruits fell to its breath, the last dwarf of the fort took up arms. He sprung from his sickbed and claimed an adamant one sword before he bulrushes the dragon. A clean swipe severs the head. But the dragon claws him in the lower body and burns him alive. As he melts into a pile of booze and fat, I rename him Ronnie James Dio and change his profession to dragonslayer. He will forever be immortalized and worshipped as a dragonslayer God.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: December 29, 2012, 05:32:48 pm »

Here we go!

I don't think we'll ever see Kima in person again, or Ettad for that matter, but perhaps dwarves'll do engravings of them. I'd like to think Kima's still haunting around the mountains nearby, though.

Anyway, we should pick theme motifs for our 7 mighty founders. I think the relentless, somewhat creepy In Memoriam matches Noface quite well.

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: December 29, 2012, 06:22:39 pm »

No face scares the heck out of me lol

Armeleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: December 30, 2012, 11:10:26 pm »

Great ending!! I love it. Is the falcon in legends, and can it be captured an tamed? Or is it more of a general plot idea? Either way, I think having a tame falcon along with the other engravings of adventures in the (eventual) fort would be a good idea.

Who's next?
Playing since 2007

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: December 30, 2012, 11:56:12 pm »

Transformed (except night creature mates) are listed as their original race in legends, and adv mode companions tend to disappear from the face of the earth upon conclusion of an adventure, where you'll see them next ingame (if at all) is completely unpredictable. I could do some tests on a parallel save by hacking Kima to be Noface's pet, seeing if he'll migrate with Noface. But Kima changes back for half of every month, that might bugger it up.

Next? It was either Phones or Crossroads himself, I believe.

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: December 31, 2012, 07:32:56 am »

LETS DO THIS RAAAAAAAHHHHH

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: December 31, 2012, 02:53:49 pm »

Ye gods I think this is it. 
I'm going to be busy tonight and Tue, Wed I am out of the office, I'll download it and tryu it out.
What version are we using now? It has been soooo long!
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: December 31, 2012, 03:24:00 pm »

Just a heads-up, as the differing paths of our adventurers converged near the destination, we seem to have left trails behind. I found many skeletal remains of animals I hadn't killed, some camp fires left by someone else, and at one point a pile of butchered products (of which I took the brain).

In the improbable event of a hostile encounter, I believe Kima is not contagious.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: December 31, 2012, 05:51:00 pm »

Getting even better as we go on this. ;)

One of the things in the next release that would help this kind of gameplay is the world actually continuing on after a player starts playing.  If we were using the next version I'm pretty sure we'd find out for sure if Kima was contagious. (I'm betting he is, by the way.)

Can we get an updated list of who's made it and who hasn't?
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

jsm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: December 31, 2012, 06:38:03 pm »

If you start at year one, it will be hell. NOTHING is alive.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: December 31, 2012, 06:42:28 pm »

If you start at year one, it will be hell. NOTHING is alive.
We've moved past that particular line of discussion at this point. Now we're onto a succession game.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: December 31, 2012, 06:46:58 pm »

and they are trying to get people to a point, i am just lurking.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 120