Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 120

Author Topic: NEW CHALLENGE: starting at the dawn of time!  (Read 540626 times)

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NEW CHALLENGE: starting at the dawn of time!
« Reply #1320 on: April 13, 2013, 02:11:34 am »

niiiiiiiiice, how is it going with the metal industry and the wood pile, do you have enough wood and steel for weapons and armor?
Quote from: Robocorn
what do postdwarvenists do with goblins?

Quote from: Andreus
We slaughter them by the thousands.
But... you know, we do it ironically.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: April 13, 2013, 04:46:51 am »

Things are looking up and up! A Tigerlady AND one with ranks in a hard-to-train skill. You gotta wonder how she learned to set bones, though.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: April 13, 2013, 08:16:43 am »

Jolly Godo Uggi! Keep up the good work matie :D
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
  • dwarven child care=!!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: April 13, 2013, 09:10:58 pm »

SWEEEEET
Legend tells of a fort besieged by a dragon. When 79 brave recruits fell to its breath, the last dwarf of the fort took up arms. He sprung from his sickbed and claimed an adamant one sword before he bulrushes the dragon. A clean swipe severs the head. But the dragon claws him in the lower body and burns him alive. As he melts into a pile of booze and fat, I rename him Ronnie James Dio and change his profession to dragonslayer. He will forever be immortalized and worshipped as a dragonslayer God.

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: April 19, 2013, 06:50:56 am »

Someone get out the Cattle Prod to Uggi again :P It's been another week.
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

uggi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: April 21, 2013, 04:37:41 pm »

11th Malachite 15

The new mayor really likes amulets so she decided we can't export any of them. And it's almost time for the human caravan to arrive.

15th Malachite 15

A small group of migrants arrived today. Two doctors, a high master bone carver and then some novice crafters, and a child.

18th Malachite 15

I met Camela, our guest tigerman in the food stockpile room, she was really enjoying our dragon meat roasts.

23rd Malachite 15

Visited the hospital again. Kromeus was still on traction, but looked fine to me. I ordered the traction bench dismantled. And to get some exercise after laying in bed for months, I drafted him into militia. He's already got some rusty fighting skills so I'm sure he'll enjoy sparring with other rookies.

Afterwards, I noticed the other patient was also released from the hospital. With a fractured hip and an infection. The doctors are clueless. Sigh.

1st Galena 15

This place is starting to attract all sorts of weird creatures. First the monsters in the caverns, then a dragon, and now an ettin shows up.

4th Galena 15

Well I thought the fortress guard could use some live target practise, so I ordered the drawbridge raised and the fortress guard stationed on top of the wall. The ettin couldn't get inside so it started bashing down the doors of our old huts, just like the dragon did before. So there it was, a perfect target for anyone with a crossbow. And the imbeciles forgot to bring any bolts with them! Only one of the guards, Tosid, had some bolts in his quiver. So, while he was shooting the other two were just watching.

Meanwhile, a leatherworker had a brilliant idea and later claimed a workshop and started gathering random items.

Back at the wall, after Tosid ran out of ammo Torrasque II arrived with a quiver full of bolts and continued pincushioning the ettin.

9th Galena 15

Torrasque II finally ran out of bolts. The ettin is crawling around crippled, vomiting all over the place. One of its heads has a bolt stuck on it.

It's time for the rookie squad to see some action, so I'm ordering them to deal with the ettin. I'm sure they can handle it, being half dead already.

Suprisingly, the ettin still takes a lot of beating from rookies armed with steel weapons. The final blow comes from Vutok's foot. He showed great courage in the battle, first trying to bite the ettin's leg off and then resorting to martial arts. And everybody here knows I'm a big fan of the Way of the Urist.

12th Galena 15

That leatherworker finally gathered everything he needed, including the bones of the late dragon. Hopefully he produces something useful out of all this junk.

niiiiiiiiice, how is it going with the metal industry and the wood pile, do you have enough wood and steel for weapons and armor?

Not much. Bought all the wood from the elves and it's pretty much gone already. It doesn't help to have two forgotten beasts roaming in the caverns. I had plans to dig down for magma but then Malduz arrived. The damn thing isn't impressed of the trap I created for it.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: April 21, 2013, 11:08:47 pm »

Ooh, can't wait to see that artifact  :o

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: April 22, 2013, 01:23:12 am »

Watch it be a thong or a single sandal.

I really miss the days when you could use individual bones for things rather than using the entire stack.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: April 22, 2013, 02:13:11 am »

Eh, a sandal is still pretty epic if it's made of dragon bone and depicts all the glorious monster battles which have happened here.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: April 22, 2013, 05:49:45 am »

I'm cynical of this one. Leathermakers aren't known for their truly awesome goods, and he's taken the dragons bones as hostage. No doubt for a high quality picture of cheese!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: April 22, 2013, 06:01:35 pm »

Eh, a sandal is still pretty epic if it's made of dragon bone and depicts all the glorious monster battles which have happened here.

It wouldn't be so bad if artifact gloves or footwear at least came in pairs.

Anyway, I'm going to laugh if it's another picture of Nish climbing that mountain.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: April 22, 2013, 07:37:56 pm »

Haha, it would be, wouldn't it?  :P
I mean, someone killed a dragon on their way here, and still they insist the mountain is more important.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: April 22, 2013, 08:05:20 pm »

Haha, it would be, wouldn't it?  :P
I mean, someone killed a dragon on their way here, and still they insist the mountain is more important.

If I'd known that shows up in the history, I probably would have climbed three or four more mountains while I was at it. I walked past at least that many while crossing the Bronze Towers. The only reason I really climbed that one was because it was close to the edge of the map and I had already decided to walk all the way to the edge of the world.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: April 22, 2013, 08:31:41 pm »

Well, now Noface's killed a dragon on the way here, and one here. Surely that's gotta get a mention. And now our dorfs have logged an ettin kill and many brutal goblin kills, so surely those will get enshrined.

Urist McLaptop

• Bay Watcher
  • dwarven child care=!!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: April 24, 2013, 01:30:17 pm »

This is going awesome.I'm glad my kromeus survived lol
Legend tells of a fort besieged by a dragon. When 79 brave recruits fell to its breath, the last dwarf of the fort took up arms. He sprung from his sickbed and claimed an adamant one sword before he bulrushes the dragon. A clean swipe severs the head. But the dragon claws him in the lower body and burns him alive. As he melts into a pile of booze and fat, I rename him Ronnie James Dio and change his profession to dragonslayer. He will forever be immortalized and worshipped as a dragonslayer God.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 120