Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 120

Author Topic: NEW CHALLENGE: starting at the dawn of time!  (Read 539196 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: NEW CHALLENGE: starting at the dawn of time!
« Reply #1395 on: June 21, 2013, 01:19:42 am »

4th Granite, 16

Sarvesh's babe has learned to walk, beginning her first steps toward her career. Sarvesh must be proud, and I hope he makes something fine of little Rakust. I do wish, as our self appointed baron, he would do more to help rule the fort, but I guess the ale he brews is a fine contribution. Perhaps the Founders are grooming him for something greater?

As I was ordering the construction of bins for our new apartment project, the smelters reported we had no more logs for charcoal or bins. And our groundskeepers report we have no full grown trees within our walls, either on our surface or in the caverns. We shall have to scout. I hope there are some on the surface, but perhaps exploring the tunnels will reveal something of interest.

I had a talk with Camela today. Uggi expressed concern over the tigerwoman's aloofness, so I figured I might try to warm her over with my friendly nature. Well, it was interesting. She said "Zer elfs helt me for lonk time, I haf been feelink confused ant aloon since I came here. I tolt zer Dvarf-man I knoo zer bone healinks. Vas nut shoor if dvarves woot be comfoortble vis I seeink to zer voonds."
I told her that they would be fine, though, and that in fact the dwarves had been concerned for her, and we'd appreciate more medical help. I think she understands.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: June 21, 2013, 08:49:02 pm »

5th Granite, 16

I had the strangest dream last night. There was a cloudy night, though quite bright enough to see, and I was standing atop our unfinished entrance hall. For a moment I had a vision of a sunrise, of a gleaming tower standing before me on the roof, and great gardens of flowers and stone below, though it was for but half a moment; a blink of my eye. Then the night returned, as if it had never gone, and suddenly an enormous falcon alighted in front of me. Or was it a man?

I only remember a word, though I don't know if he said it or not: "Beware"

Well, I spoke with Noface about it, visions and dreams being very important to Heroes and destiny and such. I don't really remember what happened after that conversation, though. Must not be drinking enough in the morning. He must have said something very encouraging, though, since I've been feeling good all day. It's so good to have finally found someone who recognizes the great vision I have for this place!

Anyway, nothing much of note today, aside from Edėm the woodburner throwing a lovely party to celebrate the new year. It's expected to go on for days.

7th Granite, 16

One of our miners, Asmel, birthed a beautiful baby boy today! I hope little Goden grows up to be a wonderful member of our society. Looking at our official headcount, well, I am a bit taken aback at how much we've grown in these six short years. But the humans built their nations in only 10 years, so we may surpass them yet!

13th Granite, 16
And so begins our annual diplomatic visit from the elves. They were not happy.

Spoiler: Oh dear... (click to show/hide)

Guess we should hold off on finding those trees for a while, then.

The diplomat came alone, so I do not know if the Elves have rescinded their caravan for this year. I should hope not, as they usually bring plenty of wood. Oddly, for a moment, I had an urge to order Covema's... well, it does not matter now. I don't know what came over me, but violence against Diplomats simply won't do.

AmpsterMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: June 21, 2013, 10:37:45 pm »

I really would like to see how this comes out! This is bound to be as awesome as Boatmurdered :P

Veskulios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: June 22, 2013, 03:33:48 pm »

Kill all of the Elves with magma! The true dwarven weapon! That'll show em!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: June 24, 2013, 10:14:40 pm »

5th Slate 16

Just a few minutes ago, my friend Ral Orsharathel, the weaver, went simply mad. He just suddenly got all cheerful and inspired, exclaimed "I've got it!", and started seizing all our fine cloth. Before we know it, he had shoved his way to a workshop and started stitching furiously. I do hope he makes something lovely, that cloth has gems in it. Ah, but I guess every dwarf has a time in his life when he just has to make something. Perhaps some day I shall make something for Noface, for his support.

Lord Reudh the Second has been getting fairly attached to his weapon lately. He carries it with him everywhere, even to the dining hall, and keeps talking about how wonderfully the spear is balanced. He even proclaimed that he shall never trade it for another weapon. Well, just as well, since there is no finer metal than steel for a sharp point.

Covema remains here, raising a stink with the Baron. It's got me thinking about the trees, though. Finding them out on the dry mountainside or in the tunnels, chopping them down, dragging them all the way back, sending people out into exposure and danger just to burn a fire barely hot enough to work steel... It's just so inefficient. And we just can't seem to find any coal here. Surely, there must be better fire somewhere...

7th Slate, 16

Work on the top floor of the entryway is nearly complete. I've ordered some gem windows, since the building was lacking just a touch of grandness. Soon we shall build a roof, and move on to the central tower.

I've been noticing a lot of inefficiencies around here lately. Apparently someone set a large pile of mica down where I ordered cage traps and forbade it to be moved. I swear, nothing else seems to get me so much but... well, I shall persevere. It is my duty to correct such things, I suppose, and in my dream Dwarves shall live with no wasted time, as an example to all. When there shall be paradise...

Hmm, but so many little things to fix on the way.

9th Slate, 16

Another of ours has moved on to another part of her life today. Ral Rurmonon is a little lady now, ready to work for our city. I don't quite know what to do with her. Perhaps she shall become a "Dockter" like her mother, or a mechanic like her father. I suppose she can help haul things for now, though.

12th Slate. 16

Ral finished with that strange business of his. Well, I must say it's a beautiful rope. I can't think of a use for it, but really, such a thing is meant to be treasured and not used. A bit strange, old Ral.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: June 24, 2013, 11:15:47 pm »

23rd Slate, 16

Today we received more immigrants, 18 in total. Mostly wanderers and beggars from the looks of it, with skills from fighting off animals, but a few skilled ones among them. One in particular stood out, Veskulios, who asked to join the militia. Well, I suppose I could arrange that. Most of these dwarves seem militia material, anyway.

Lord Reudh the Second seems to grow rather fond of his shield as well. Perhaps he should kill something soon, though I hope no enemies trouble us just yet, in the middle of this construction project. Which reminds me, I should order more apartments in the caverns before even more people arrive.

12th Felsite, 16
As Cerol Okilerol celebrated his 13th birthday and entry into adulthood, a goblin snatcher stumbled into a cage trap outdoors. I think it's poetic, in a way. We shall throw him on the pile with the other prisoners. Although, after speaking with Noface this morning, I felt a brief urge to just... get rid of them all. How strange. Perhaps the stress of command incites violent urges in all at times? Or... or perhaps it's just so frightfully inefficient to waste cages keeping them around forever.

17th Felsite, 16
Well, I'll be! The elves have sent a caravan after all, it seems. I've posted the Knives of Shooting up on the wall to watch over them, since we've been getting snatchers in our traps for 3 days now. It would not do, at this delicate stage of diplomacy, for our guests to be ambushed.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 11:19:08 pm by HugoLuman »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: June 25, 2013, 06:28:12 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Not really a lurker, just posting for the first time in arround 80 pages.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: June 26, 2013, 04:16:44 pm »

Curses! This shall not do at all!

Spoiler: An Ambush! (click to show/hide)

I sent the Knives to the south wall, our Founders can handle any coming through the gate...

...but they were too late!

Dodok the trader, one of our recent arrivals, got caught in another ambush as he decided to rush out to collect the fallen merchants' goods. Oh gods, I don't know what he was thinking...

Tholtig, another of our new arrivals, was caught out hunting! Oh, damn it, why did he not tell me about this? We don't need anyone to hunt! How many more will we lose this day?

Looks like plenty more, as people keep going out to rearm the cage traps and collect posessions! Why won't these fools get inside? I had to raise the bridge, and quickly! But the party that slew Tholtig was getting close, there was no time. Luckily, our Founders were training near the gate, so I sent them out. What I saw from the walls amazed me!

Never again shall I fear for our Heroes' safety in battle. Uggi moved with such swiftness and precision, individually removing the facial features of a goblin from behind. Nish weaved past every axeblow and carved his foes apart, striking wherever their armor wasn't. Orky smashed foes into the ground with his axe, killing survivors with a cleave to the face, before they could finish a swing. So fast despite his injury! And Noface... he simply destroyed. Picks moving faster than my eyes could follow, piercing through iron like paper, ripping limbs from their sockets.

Ordinarily, I think I should be squemish to such violence, but I found myself captivated by the battle. I want to see our enemies destroyed utterly, torn to pieces... such strange effects command has on a person. The battle was nearly over, when suddenly the strangest thing happened

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A naked dwarf woman with silver hair leapt from behind our heroes and screamed an announcement of her arrival!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: June 26, 2013, 04:28:27 pm »

Werebeing arriving at dawn?
Highly Opinionated Fool

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: June 26, 2013, 04:49:02 pm »

Werebeing arriving at dawn?
Probably just failed to arrive at the wrong time of the moon.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: June 27, 2013, 09:43:12 am »

I wonder if the ambush somehow caused it to show up later...
Highly Opinionated Fool

Deepblade

• Bay Watcher
  • Tholtarmid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: June 27, 2013, 10:21:23 am »

It happens all the time. The game knows they're a baddy, but doesn't keep track of when they're at their baddest. They promptly run away once they become mortal again.
Deepblade's Standardized Creature Parts, for when you're pissed about all the different types of animal products there are.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: June 27, 2013, 04:31:23 pm »

She's a migrant...

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: June 29, 2013, 09:40:11 pm »

Any chance of some screen shots of the over all fortress Hugo?
Or maybe some shots from inside Stonesense?
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: June 29, 2013, 09:41:25 pm »

Any chance of some screen shots of the over all fortress Hugo?
Or maybe some shots from inside Stonesense?

Soon
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 120