Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 120

Author Topic: NEW CHALLENGE: starting at the dawn of time!  (Read 540578 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: NEW CHALLENGE: starting at the dawn of time!
« Reply #1455 on: July 30, 2013, 06:23:26 pm »

22nd Moonstone, 16
Another baby, to a pump operator. A girl.

Residence tower now stands 5 levels above ground.

2nd Opal, 16
Bone pile not optimized. Ordered all bones decorated onto furniture.

Drinks low. Inefficient. Mass brew. Construct additional still, one still with more than one brewer is inefficient.

4th Opal, 16
Tower already tall, magnificent. Insufficient. More grand works needed. A hall fit to rule from:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

12th Opal, 16
A potter walked into the path of a minecart. How ineffective. Inventory reveals we have a hospital, after all. Decided to construct large water works near Caverns, possible location of Artifact Vault.

22nd Opal, 16
Work is efficient. Waterworks excavated, possibly waste of time. Notice no mechanic workshops present, yet we have stone mechanisms. Someone made pointless decision to deconstruct them in years past.

23rd Opal, 16
Tosid, the Dockter/miller, gives birth to a girl.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: July 30, 2013, 07:05:44 pm »

:o creepy change.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: July 30, 2013, 07:37:30 pm »

1st Obsidian, 16
Time grows short. Other dwarves seem surprised by my actions over past 2 months. Friends back away. Does not matter. No time for friends, friends are inefficient. The work must go on. Our tower stands 7 levels tall, likely shall not get much taller. Royal hall is finished but unfurnished.

3rd Obsidian, 16
Falcon hatchlings are fully trained. Unlike with their wild parents, we have truly mastered them. Subsequent generations will be ours from birth.

10th Obsidian, 16
Masterwork golden doors installed in Royal Hall.

16th Obsidian, 16
Another Siege. Raise the gate. They can just rot. All prisoners shall go in the Fire.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: July 30, 2013, 08:33:27 pm »

Glory...

Lich stood on the roof of the Grand Entrance, this time on top of it's silver-capped tower. The Falcon-man alighted before her. "He took my body. He took your mind. But there is still hope. Fight back, have him cast into the Fire! Or refuse to do his violence!"

"He is... he is... everything... to me."

"Fight the No-Face!"

"He is... he's... he is..." She stopped. "Why have I done these things? You've come to me many times in my dreams this year. Who are you?"

For a moment, the figure was clearly a man. "I am-"

Then, the spear bursting through his chest, it was the giant Falcon again. The spearman showed himself from behind his victim, and grinned. "Give in," said Ettad.

27th Obsidian, 16
The Siege is broken. New Years is but three days away. Still time. I ordered the Depot worked upon, so that the Fire will run beneath it in the Spring. Elves are inefficient. Actively preventing the use of valuable resources. All Elves shall go in the Fire. Elves are inefficient.

30th Obsidian, 16
Inefficient. They do not follow orders. Dwarves are inefficient. All Dwarves shall go in the Fire. They claim my "time is up." I shall go to talk to Noface now. My Noface...

My Glory...

My Vision...

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: July 30, 2013, 09:02:38 pm »

DENEUMENT:

Alright, here's the wrapup. There are still goblin forces on the map, but they are fleeing. Lorbam, our most talented Metalsmith, is in the midst of making an artifact, though he's Possessed, unfortunately. The Foundry is 1 z-level below the Workshops.

In the Cavern Waterworks, the North lever controls the intake, the South lever controls drainage. Both are currently open.

Here's the Residence Tower, as it stands. Feel free to expand as needed, though it should soak up several Migrant waves. 8 rooms per floor, 7 floors at present. Central space is mostly unused, feel free to use it for public gardens, noble rooms, whatever.

I've roofed the Grand Entrance with Limestone and Cobaltite, ringed with silver walls. Feel free to make this tower taller as well.

The Cavern villas were finished in the Autumn sometime, forgot to write about it. They're mostly full, but there's enough room in the Scenic Apartments looking out over the cavern lake to absorb another migrant wave.

Zefon is totally sealed in, but doesn't seem to mind. Maybe we should seal her somewhere else with just a pick and have her carve out a palace or labyrinth.

I never got started on the Artifact Vault, but it would be cool if someone would build it.

You'll need to engineer some downtime for Noface if you want him to interact with Lich more.

Anyway, here's the save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7868

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: July 30, 2013, 10:13:29 pm »

WOW!

Epic stuff Hugo :D
I could tell you were getting ready to pass it along at the end, it must get tiering have to write constant updates on all the events through out the year :P

SO! With you thats the first Seven migrants that made it to the city.
If I recall correctly, it goes back over to me, before we pick the next seven players.
Oye...  I am going to have to go back through the pages to look at those, theres been a LOT Of people wanting to sign up for this -_-

Oh, incidentally, what Version of DF are you using these days?
I forget if the save of silvery sects works on the most recent version, or if we have to use an older version due to Save-Breaking.
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: July 30, 2013, 10:19:33 pm »

We use the most recent version.

Didn't we skip Reudh's and Orky_Boss's turns though? I thought they still had to play.

I could have wrote more for Lich, but I wanted to do a bit of a shift in her voice, to reflect events. One does not remove that mask and gaze beneath without consequence.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: July 31, 2013, 09:13:22 am »

Mine was skipped, hopefully postponed. I should have time, I'm taking less units this semester for uni. Also the No-Face epic is taking shape before our very eyes :P

MrCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Because I can
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: July 31, 2013, 10:50:31 am »

This is a dog leather-bound book, entitled "The Eventual Death of MrCat." The book is entirely handwritten, and consists of a (note to self to insert page number here pending completion) page journal, authored by MrCat. It is a chronological account of the life of the militia dwarf MrCat. The writing is rambling yet it is of questionable quality.

22 Limestone, 16
I arrived at Silverysects two days ago and immediately joined the militia. Since this is the first fortress to actually be created (Armok only knows how the other ones got there, considering no one remembers building them in the first place) I figured the place would be awash in new and exciting ways to be horribly murdered. However, I was soon informed that the entirety of the actual fighting (if not necessarily the dying) was done by 7 legendary dwarfs referred to as "The Founders." My fellow militia regaled me with tales of the Founders making their way across vast tracts of land, killing everything in their path, before arriving here and doing much the same. Of particular note is the dwarf "Noface," who is said to wield two picks into battle, in the same hand, to great effect. This is elf shit. I come to the very first fortress, expecting to die awash in the blood of my friends and hated enemies, only to find that all of the enemies will be long dead by the time I haul my ass out of bed and I probably won't make any friends in the first place. Perhaps a kobold will sneak past the line and stab me in the face or something. At least then I might earn a place on one of the walls.

This is a drawing of a dwarf in ink. The dwarf is surrounded by dwarfs. This drawing relates to the appointment of the dwarf 'MrCat' to the Silverysects militia in the year 16.

(also, could the next overseer post a screenshot of my dwarf if it isn't too much trouble?)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: July 31, 2013, 11:54:15 am »

I sent your squad out in one siege, but the marksmen and Founders killed everything before your dwarf even arrived.

MrCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Because I can
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: July 31, 2013, 12:53:01 pm »

As expected. My complaints are confined entirely to in-character, I personally enjoy seeing Noface and company turn their enemies into paste.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: July 31, 2013, 01:00:42 pm »

Noface and Melkor seem to be the most lethal in the squad, getting most of the kills, with Nish a close second.

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: July 31, 2013, 02:24:33 pm »

Just out of curiosity, What has B'Hrian been up to most of the time?
Aside from skilled in killing things has he really done much?
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: July 31, 2013, 02:26:35 pm »

Last overseer set the Avalanches to train most of the time, didn't want to mess up any carefully planned schedule. He killed a Forgotten Beast, though.

uggi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: July 31, 2013, 02:32:23 pm »

Well, that was an amazing turn, HugoLuman!

I took a look at the save, some thoughts:
-I really like how you've decorated the gate with corpses :P
-Looks like the dorf-operated water pump stack has been operated through the entire year. The next overseer could give the now-legendary pump operators a rest. Maybe draft them to a wrestler squad and have arena matches with goblin prisoners?
-The cavern apartments and the random placement looks really good. I'd like to see more of them in the future.
-Zefon has no food or drinks in her cell. In my turn I left a dump zone in the top left corner of the fort wall to dump some goblin corpses, I think you accidentally dumped the food meant for Zefon there.
-What's the waterworks for, to drain the lake?
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 120