Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cyclops has killed about thirty adventurers, please help  (Read 1980 times)

Captain Gimpy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cyclops has killed about thirty adventurers, please help
« on: August 17, 2006, 04:58:00 pm »

I think I've killed a cyclops before, but this one in my favorite region is impossible to kill. I have to spam the enter button to get through him braggin about all the people he's killed.

My last attempt I recruited an entire army of swordsmen, lashers, etc. when we entered the cave, it was completely filled with blood and corpses. Journeying down to the second floor we found him, and he kicked all our asses. He was ripping off people's heads and kicking people into showers of gore. None of us can take him.

So how do you kill cyclopses? Either they're overpowered or this one has become a living god from the experience he has obtained from training on me and my buddies.

Gedsaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cyclops has killed about thirty adventurers, please help
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 05:03:00 pm »

I think the best way is probobly get more experience from killing lesser people and... just get lucky, if you can get them on the ground you and your buddies can bash the shit out of him while hes trying to get up(also I think if you stand ontop of somone who is on the ground they can't get up, you can't anyway)
But yeah, cyclopses are hard to kill most times... me and my groupe just now got beat by one, though I think we could have taken him if my own guys didn't turn on me cuse I accidently hit one of them, heheh.

P.S. I did excape by crawling away while he beat on one of my fellow swordsmen, but I forgot about towns knowing what you have done so I was killed by a Macelord in the next town I went to... So my next guy is going to go to that town alone to try and kill that Macelord... and maybe a mechant or two just to get there stuff for free
 :p

Oh and a question. When you get people angry at you does it make the whole world mad at you or does it just get that particular civilization after you? Like, can you go to a differnt human kingdom and they wont try and kill you right off the bat, or are you doomed to having to destroy civilization as we know it?

[ August 17, 2006: Message edited by: Gedsaro ]

Captain Gimpy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 05:04:00 pm »

I'm taking an army with me, my new guy has all his points into wrestling. I'm gonna gouge his eyes out while my guys beat him.

Captain_Action

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 05:07:00 pm »

eye. right?

Captain Gimpy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 05:08:00 pm »

Dead again.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 05:11:00 pm »

Well, most importantly, take 5 followers with you. Let one of them take the first hit and the cyclops will concentrate his attacks on them. Try wrestling him and holding down his hands and head to let your companions attack without risk. Alternatively, try strangling the cyclops. Normal hitting (unless at 15 skill) is usually glanced off and uneffective until the cyclops is in some state of pain, stun or unconciousness.

I've yet to encounter an enemy able to take on a party of 6. Although usually I end up accidentally hitting one of my companions and getting the whole race on my back. :\

Fourth Triad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 05:53:00 pm »

Make sure all your adventurers are very skilled before you attack the cyclops again, or it will
gain some much skill that it will be next to impossible to kill.

Silleh Boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006, 07:17:00 pm »

Okay, this is very... Cheap, but it'll help immensely.

Start a character with 15 wrestling, find a graveyard and take said character into the graveyard.

Every time you get close to one of the dead (once space seperating you.) step to the side so they'll advance and you'll have the first attack.

You should charge at them and knock them down, hopefully. when they're done press Shift+a, target their leg or foot, shift+a again, joint lock, shift +a again, break. repeat it until it's broken or crippled.

The reason than you do it that way is, otherwise you'll likely grab other parts of them otherwise.

Now, keep doing that to the dead, running around them and looting everything of value to trade in for armour. When you get tired, leave the site - when you get injured do the same. once you're at 20+ wrestling skill and armoured well, preferrably with some armour skill too, pick a weapon type you like and buy (or loot) one.

High wrestling helps a lot it seems with dodging, meaning you can easily go back to the graveyard and potentially do a quest there, to see how you're doing. Training a weapon skill is slower however, as you can gain wrestling when grapping a downed enemy (that makes sense, given you're struggling with them, not beating their prone form.) so, when they go down swap to wrestling if you still want to train it.

when you're strong/agile/tough enough for your liking and have high enough skills - go try that cyclops. take extra adventurer's if you need to do so to get you a few extra turns to knock the cyclops down (i've had giants bounce off me by this point when charging me.) and then beat it to death.

Good luck.

Gedsaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2006, 07:22:00 pm »

I wouldn't say wrestling the dead is cheep... After all they are dead aren't they? But they still get to walk around! now thats cheep!   ;)

Silleh Boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2006, 07:27:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Gedsaro:
<STRONG>I wouldn't say wrestling the dead is cheep... After all they are dead aren't they? But they still get to walk around! now thats cheep!    ;)</STRONG>

yeah, but you can turn them from the walking dead to the crawling dead, and then break every other limb, just for fun. the dead are an ideal target though, as they're harder to accidently kill with wrestling, and when when have enough wrestling, they're not too dangerous. once you've got them down, you can have twenty chasing you, and keep one step ahead of them with ease.

Gedsaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2006, 07:31:00 pm »

True, the dead are my favorite to kill to, you can hack off their limbs and they wont faint from pain and can't get sick or unconsious, so they are easier to train agains.(not to mention that you never run out of them!)