Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86]

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist v42.1.5 | DF 50.12  (Read 393571 times)

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist v42.1.3 | DF 50.11
« Reply #1275 on: January 23, 2024, 07:38:43 am »

New version released: 42.1.3

Changelog:
  • allow labors for units without historical figure (happens in some mods e.g. Spellcrafts)

Pontifex13

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: January 26, 2024, 05:06:46 pm »

Thanks for your hard work. I enjoy the program a lot and don't run a single fort without it.

With the steam release I've noticed something strange: sometimes constructions for workshops or track stops (those are the two I've experienced, but I suspect other (construction) tasks can also be affected) are not assigned to any dwarf although they have the construction labor enabled in DT. I've discussed this in discord and they suggested that sometimes the game gets stuck on task assignment because of a hard five-bid limit which leads to bid failure? The way to solve this is apparently reset your labor assignments by making any change in the in-game work details, which causes you to lose your custom labor assignments from DT off course. But after that you could manually restore your labor assignments in DT and hopefully the problem won't repeat itself too often. Now I have two questions:

1. Is anyone else experiencing this problem and is there a known workaround that doesn't mess up your DT labor assignments?
2. If not, would it be possible to program a backup/restore function in DT which allows you to backup your labor assignments per individual dwarf or for the whole fort at once and then restore it afterwards? Otherwise it's a hassle to redo your labor assignments every time you encounter this bug, especially if you have a large fortress.

Thanks a lot,
Ponti

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: January 26, 2024, 06:14:40 pm »

It's not always construction that is needed. Workshops and trackstops can require masonry or carpentry, for example, depending on what the building material is.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: January 27, 2024, 09:19:54 am »

I don't know what would be causing this, and why this workaround would work. I am not aware of anything that need to be done beside setting labors. Some labors need a flag for updating equipment but construction does not use any tool.

About 2., I am not implementing any major new feature in DT since I am replacing it. But if someone wants to do it, they can, it's free software.

Pontifex13

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: January 27, 2024, 07:34:16 pm »

It's not always construction that is needed. Workshops and trackstops can require masonry or carpentry, for example, depending on what the building material is.

Just tried that by giving everyone Carpentry an Masonry, that doesn't solve the problem. It stays stuck... A bunch of dwarves have no job assigned and it seems to stay that way...

Pontifex13

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: February 01, 2024, 05:52:34 pm »

I've figured it out. In order for your dwarves to build a particular workshop, someone needs to have the labor the workshop uses assigned. So for instance if you want to build a Clothier, someone needs to have Clothesmaking assigned before the workshop gets built. It sorta makes sense, why build a clothier workshop if noone's gonna use it...

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist v42.1.4 | DF 50.11
« Reply #1281 on: February 07, 2024, 08:50:10 am »

New version released: 42.1.4

The change from the last version had too many side-effects, so I reverted it and instead made labor cheat option apply to more units. You will have to display visitors to see units mislabeled as "non-citizens".

Changelog:
  • reverted "allow labors for units without historical figure"
  • labor cheats now apply to non-citizens

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: February 07, 2024, 09:36:48 am »

I also made a new version for my work detail prototype (see previous post). I think it is starting to be something usable.

You can download it here for windows or linux flatpak.

You will need a updated workdetailtest dfhack plugin. The llmemreader plugin has not changed.

It includes grouping and filtering. You can change sorting criteria by right clicking columns (for some columns).

You can select multiple units and toggle all cells at once. Or you can drag the mouse over cells to toggle them. I hope there is not too many weird behaviors with this combination.

You can have multiple grid view tabs. There is no GUI editor yet, but you can create and edit json files in data/gridviews.

You can edit more stuff about work details. I don't think labor selection is great, but I am not sure about the use cases yet.

Built-in work details are protected, but there is an option to edit them anyway.

There is also a dialog for managing work details (menu "Manage" → "Work details..."). It lets you edit/add/remove work details. You can also reorder them by drag and drop or buttons. There is a preset lists, you can add your own with drag and drop or the contextual menu.

I tried to make the cells nicer, but I don't know how to display disabled cells so they are still that ugly cross pattern. DT use the background color for that, but I'd like to keep it for the work details mode. What do you think?

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: February 07, 2024, 10:44:36 am »

Have you considered moving this into DFHack itself? There's a lot of functionality here that we want to have in-game as well. The widget API is quite different, of course, and less capable, but we'd also like to make the kinds of widgets that DT needs available in DFHack as well since other tools could make use of them too.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: February 07, 2024, 11:41:53 am »

I did consider using Qt inside DFHack but there was too many issues and not enough gain. Making DFHack widgets equivalent to Qt widgets would be a lot of work I think, so I did not consider that.

The main drawback of a separate client is having to duplicate the game logic (generating strings, testing what can be done with whom, ...), and dealing with syncing data. But for the GUI part, I like it like that.

CheeseCriminal

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: March 06, 2024, 10:27:26 pm »

Any chance we can get the memory updated for DF 50.12?

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: March 07, 2024, 02:42:55 am »

In DFHack command prompt, run "devel/export-dt-ini". This will create a file named "therapist.ini" in DF root directory, move it to "%APPDATA%/Roaming/Dwarf Therapist/memory_layouts/windows" on Windows or "~/.local/share/dwarftherapist/memory_layouts/linux" on Linux.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: March 12, 2024, 08:50:44 am »

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist v42.1.5 | DF 50.12
« Reply #1288 on: March 27, 2024, 08:20:03 am »

New version released: 42.1.5

Changelog: