Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [Tool] DF Entity Checker v0.23  (Read 22088 times)

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tool] DF Entity Checker v0.2
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2012, 08:58:20 am »

A little more feedback (and with the newest version, of course).

Reactions which are added to the basic buildings, such as MAKE_MEAD, are not shown in the crosschecker.  This is really just one or two reactions in the basic vanilla game, but in something like Masterwork it's actually several dozen reactions that don't show up.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

AVE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Tool] DF Entity Checker v0.2
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2012, 02:43:22 pm »

Reactions which are added to the basic buildings, such as MAKE_MEAD, are not shown in the crosschecker.  This is really just one or two reactions in the basic vanilla game, but in something like Masterwork it's actually several dozen reactions that don't show up.
They don't need to, I think. If reaction with predefined building (KILN, SMELTER, TANNER, KITCHEN, QUERN, MILLSTONE, STILL, CRAFTSMAN) exists within entity, it is skipped from checking entirely. There is no need to add [PERMITTED_BUILDING: line for that reaction.

If that reaction is not within entity - well, the program just don't know if it should be added to the entity. Because in the case of MOUNTAIN entity it must be added, for sure, but if I test against PLAINS entity, or even EVIL, or just something new?

Program updated, new bugfixes (reactions and buildings were not cleared when changing directory, thus carrying them from previous dir).

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
Re: [Tool] DF Entity Checker v0.22
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2012, 04:18:14 pm »

Well I'd say that, since if you change nothing else about, say, humans (or any other entity) but add CIV_CONTROLLABLE, you can embark with them and build smelters, kitchens, stills, and all those "normal" buildings.  So in effect every entity already contains a "virtual" [PERMITTED_BUILDING:KITCHEN], for example.  The issue came up that if some reaction is added to the kitchen Entity checker doesn't pick up that there's a missing reaction when cross-checking.

So it's not the Buildings that were at issue, but the Reactions.  The program doesn't pick up that BUILDING:KITCHEN, SMELTER, STILL, etc reactions can theoretically be made by every race.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 04:34:52 pm by Jeoshua »
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

AVE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Tool] DF Entity Checker v0.23
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2012, 12:37:05 pm »

The issue came up that if some reaction is added to the kitchen Entity checker doesn't pick up that there's a missing reaction when cross-checking.
Good point. Fixed now (I hope :P). Version bump to 0.23
Pages: 1 [2]