Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: This is a Gypsum mini-forge. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality...  (Read 5263 times)

Yovatsap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Got this after my possessed dwarf built his artifact. So what good is it?

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's essentially a legendary easy-bake oven dwarven children amuse themselves with by smelting hamsters. Its only use or value is attracting cheesemakers and invaders.

MiniMacker

• Bay Watcher
  • Side-effects include nausia, tantrum and insanity.
    • View Profile

Completely and utterly useless. You can't even sell it to traders, because it's an artifact.

At least you got another Legendary Stonecrafter that can churn out MOAR MUGS.
It isn't a new Dwarf Fortress version until we're made to fear some kind of regular creature.  Carp, Elephants, Unicorns, Badgers, and now Mosquitos.  I've got 5 dorfBucks on the next one being plagues of groundhogs.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile

Yeah, except no. Possessed = no legendary for you.

Basically, the RNG just gave the OP the finger.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

guess it is a reason to train my no-moodable skills dwarves up to novice weaponsmith.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Yovatsap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Completely and utterly useless. You can't even sell it to traders, because it's an artifact.

He was possessed so he went back on fish-cleaning duty  ::)

stormtemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It increases your fort's value, which attracts migrants and !!FUN!!
It's needlessly complicated and a hazard to cats.

I'll take twenty!

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you play with a mod that includes the Display Case building, you could use it to raise a room's value. Other than that, kobold-bait.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Iapetus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

guess it is a reason to train my no-moodable skills dwarves up to novice weaponsmith.

Dabbling should be enough.
Engraved on the floor is a well-designed image of a kobold and a carp.  The kobold is making a plaintive gesture.  The carp is laughing.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

One time, in a Kobold Camp succession game, I had a kobold go into a mason's mood after getting Dabbling Mason from building a kiln. So, you really only need to tell each of them to smith a weapon or shield or something apiece.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

CarpeDiem

• Bay Watcher
  • I just love Dwarves.
    • View Profile

Yeah doesn't matter how much exp they have just if it is their highest  moodable skill. I'd consider trying to get a legendary armorsmith if you don't have one over a weaponsmith