Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: I got a female and a male dragon  (Read 34174 times)

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I got a female and a male dragon
« Reply #120 on: August 08, 2012, 06:15:12 pm »

Wait a second, what's with the sudden lack of progress? I was reading this and I was like "Epic, keep reading, lets see if someone's got a dragon army or something yet" and you've got like a dozen posts a day, reach May 7th and give up on dwarf-kind *tuts*

Well thank Armok this necro has given you all the opportunity to grow your beards back to a full length :P
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 08, 2012, 06:34:16 pm »

Seems like a stealthed necromancer ressed an old thread from its coffin. :-\

Now then, where did I leave those masterwork necromancy wards..

Edit: Yep, I too agree that this has been an interesting thread and am interested in hearing more about this project.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 06:35:48 pm by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Sabreur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 08, 2012, 07:41:46 pm »

Wait a second, what's with the sudden lack of progress? I was reading this and I was like "Epic, keep reading, lets see if someone's got a dragon army or something yet" and you've got like a dozen posts a day, reach May 7th and give up on dwarf-kind *tuts*

Well thank Armok this necro has given you all the opportunity to grow your beards back to a full length :P

I'm still alive!  The fort fell due to an experiment in determining whether clowns are vulnerable to dragonfire - they're not.  I know the wiki said they are immune to heat, but I had to check, dammit!  I'm currently debating on whether to savescum or move on to a new project.

As a side note, shields are stupidly powerful against dragonfire.  I actually had a goblin mace-lord shield-block his way all the way through the main gate while taking fire from four dragons simultaneously.  Everything around him died, but he wasn't touched.  Maybe dragonfire from multiple directions would work?

As for the dragon army, I've actually made pretty good progress.  The only hitch is that I can't figure out a way to unleash them on invaders without mass friendly-fire casualties.  As my legendary miner expedition leader found out the hard way.  I can pasture them in pillboxes, no problem.  The one time they got loose and got into close combat, they were monsters - right up until they incinerated each other.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]