Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 46

Author Topic: When Kickstarter Goes Right  (Read 87297 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: When Kickstarter Goes Right
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2012, 02:35:15 am »

The reason I wanted to point it out, and to cheer on its success is because of the massive sexist/racist backlash against it. The internet is a scary place.

Oooooooook...

I am going to assume those are trolls. Mind you I don't think the creator of those soon to be made videos knows everything about what they are talking about... but I don't know I am perplexed.

Anyhow Misygonists, real ones, wouldn't leave responses like that.

Edit Addition: I have to admit I am just grasping at that people are smarter then this and that these are just trolls.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 02:51:35 am by Neonivek »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2012, 04:25:50 am »

I litterally came here to post that kickstarter. :P

Glad to see she's not getting scared off by all the nasty comments, troll or otherwise.

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2012, 09:40:27 am »

I'm not sure what to think about the project, really. I really hope it does not end up like ankh project, which probably won't. But boy, it'd be a huge shame if this series turns into male-bashing rather than an intelligent deconstruction of ridiculous female stereotypes in games.

Either way, the backlash leaves a bad taste in my mouth, trolling or not.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2012, 10:13:02 am »

I'm not sure what to think about the project, really. I really hope it does not end up like ankh project, which probably won't. But boy, it'd be a huge shame if this series turns into male-bashing rather than an intelligent deconstruction of ridiculous female stereotypes in games.

Either way, the backlash leaves a bad taste in my mouth, trolling or not.
She's had a fair hand so far.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2012, 11:29:53 am »

I'm going to throw this out here too.

I love that Princess Peach sticker so much.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2012, 11:50:35 am »

It's a South Park meme. (I don't like South Park)
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2012, 11:52:35 am »

the responses to that video on youtube lowered my faith in humanity.

also, since when was calling someone a jew an insult? that'd be like insulting someone by calling them Christian.
actually it's a quite ancient and widespread tradition

edit: aparently, criticizing israel also counts as antisemitism now. ill go shave my hair and tatoo a swastika, brb
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 12:10:39 pm by Askot Bokbondeler »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2012, 09:43:01 pm »

I'm guessing Lord Dullard didn't want to shamelessly self-promote, but I'm going to have to put his game's kickstarter here. It's a procedurally generated sandboxy roguelike. Given the game I know we're all fans of, I don't think I need to say much more.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2012, 09:54:34 pm »

Since it would be a conflict of interest for LD to do this himself, imma go ahead and throw this out there.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2012, 09:58:00 pm »

instance #134 of penguinofhonor being horrible at reading

I assumed just skimming LD's posts in this thread would be enough. Well, anyways let's bring this up again because I've taken it upon myself to advertise a bit for him. I've probably got one or two real life friends who are going to contribute to this as well.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2012, 10:50:55 pm »

That's an amazing game for LD to be working on all this time, and I never even knew about it! I hope it turns out really well.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2012, 07:01:49 pm »

Hey, might also be worth checking out Newgrounds: The Forsaken City, there's only 4 days left and $17,000 to go so it's a long shot but still worth it

Spoiler: Shameless Sales Pitch (click to show/hide)
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2012, 03:17:25 am »

I love that Princess Peach sticker so much.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I am not sure if that is a parody/satire or meant to be taken somewhat straight.

Though it took me a while to understand why Zelda never seems to act in any game except the ones she is forced to (and ONE game). It is because she is the holder of the Triforce of Wisdom, and as such she always forsees that giving into evil dooers is beneficial to her kingdom because Link can do it with a lot less bloodshed.

Mind you I am mostly just analysing but it feels odd that Zelda always gets the Triforce of Wisdom but never seems to be the bastion of such.

As for Peach... Nope she just doesn't really care all that much about kidnapping. Apperantly she is competent enough to get out of any situation, she just doesn't really care.... TO admit she does live in a universe where nothing really bad happens... just very inconvenient things.

Though I never felt that Peach really needed to become Mario (as always, it is that tropes are overused not that they are used... and frankly Peach is pretty much the last classical princess left in existance in videogames) but sometimes I wondered why Mario even bothered saving her given she never really puts up a fight (in fact she treats it as routine)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2012, 04:41:25 am »

Zelda always ends up helping in some way though, right?  In a way that Peach pretty much never does.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2012, 04:48:37 am »

I've always wanted a Zelda game with a New Game+ where you play as Zelda and save Prince Link. I feel like that's a pretty obvious one that should have been done before "pajamas the entire game".
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 46