Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: my mod (based on deon's mod)  (Read 5027 times)

Svullo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
my mod (based on deon's mod)
« on: April 30, 2012, 12:24:20 pm »

So i decided to try my hand at modding this awesome game. It's basically the same as deon's mod except for a few changes i made. They include both xml editing and source code mods, and are:

*  Cyborgs and augmented NPC's now have random political alignment, so they can be either conservative, moderate or liberal. In deon's mod they were always conservative.

* Added a locksmithing class to the university so your liberals can learn the security skill.

* Added the ability for your liberals to make all the armours in the game, including army and heavy.

* Changed the way teaching other liberals works. Normally, student liberals can only learn up to the teachers skill -1. So if the teacher liberal had a 5.00 skill in rifles and taught other liberals to shoot they could only learn up to 4.00 in the rifle skill. Now they can learn as much as their teacher.

Download link: http://www.woofiles.com/dl-305681-ercfXEK3-LCSSvullo.rar

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile
Re: my mod (based on deon's mod)
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 01:53:01 pm »

What liberal would allow his humanity to be murdered on an operating table?
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

Svullo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 04:43:42 pm »

Well, if the liberal cybernetic implants help to deflect conservative bullets, then why not? Not only that, they give you liberal amounts of intelligence, with which to learn liberal skills , strength, with which to liberally smite evil conservatives, agility, with which to more accurately gun down conservative swine, charisma, with which to dispute conservative talking points and make conservatives see the liberal light, and finally, health, with which to better survive conservative wounds. The ends justify the means.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 04:59:13 pm »

What liberal would find themselves using the conservative tools of high-powered weaponry, espionage, torture, etc?

To the LCS, the ends ALWAYS justify the means.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 06:30:56 pm »

Well, if the liberal cybernetic implants help to deflect conservative bullets, then why not? Not only that, they give you liberal amounts of intelligence, with which to learn liberal skills , strength, with which to liberally smite evil conservatives, agility, with which to more accurately gun down conservative swine, charisma, with which to dispute conservative talking points and make conservatives see the liberal light, and finally, health, with which to better survive conservative wounds. The ends justify the means.

Yes! What if the Conservatives shoot off one of your liberal limbs?
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 10:13:46 pm »

Yes! What if the Conservatives shoot off one of your liberal limbs?

Die horribly, as the LCS deserves.

Now, if the CCS get shot off by a liberal, thats different....
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Svullo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 08:58:39 am »

Well, it appears as if my conservative programming skills have fucked the game up. There seem to be a few bugs and the game crashes sometimes. I have no idea what the problem is. That'll teach me, i suppose. I don't suppose someone with more liberal programming skills would be willing to take a look at the code to identify the problem? If anyone feels up to it let me know and i'll upload the sauce code.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 09:00:20 am by Svullo »

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 09:17:14 am »

If anyone feels up to it let me know and i'll upload the sauce code.

The sauce code, you say? Finally, programming code that goes good with my spaghetti!

In all seriousness, though, I would offer to help, but my own programming ability is pretty much non-existant. Picture an orangutan banging on a keyboard at the zoo, and you'll have a rough idea of my skills.
Find the errors in the above post and win a prize!

Svullo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 09:19:10 am »

Well you know what they say. If you let a monkey hit random keys on a keyboard long enough, he'll eventually write the complete works of shakespeare.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 03:50:13 pm »

Well you know what they say. If you let a monkey hit random keys on a keyboard long enough, he'll eventually write the complete works of shakespeare.

Surely such abusive instances of animal labor are conservative notions?
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 10:04:20 pm »

What conservative would offend the natural order by changing their bodies with liberal technology?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2012, 03:52:28 am »

What conservative would offend the natural order by changing their bodies with liberal technology?
Yeah, the conservative religious nuts wouldn't dare.  Now, the conservative libertarians, on the other hand, would probably be running Omni Consumer Products...

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2012, 08:53:05 am »

Yeah, the conservative religious nuts wouldn't dare.  Now, the conservative libertarians, on the other hand, would probably be running Omni Consumer Products...

Yes. Now we need to determine what kind of conservatives are more fitting in LCS.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2012, 03:30:10 pm »

Yes. Now we need to determine what kind of conservatives are more fitting in LCS.
As the villians, both exist.  Penguin and Joker certainly had different idealogies, goals, and modus operandi, but they both fought Batman, and teamed up from time to time.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2012, 03:33:00 pm »

Well, it appears as if my conservative programming skills have fucked the game up. There seem to be a few bugs and the game crashes sometimes. I have no idea what the problem is. That'll teach me, i suppose. I don't suppose someone with more liberal programming skills would be willing to take a look at the code to identify the problem? If anyone feels up to it let me know and i'll upload the sauce code.

Wait a sec, what bugs are you refering to?  LCS is pretty buggy and crashes at random without modding, are you sure that these bugs you found are really new?

I tried testing it, but I couldn't open the file.
Pages: [1] 2