Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: nude kid goes berserk  (Read 5501 times)

JimDale

• Bay Watcher
  • Not actually at all
    • View Profile
nude kid goes berserk
« on: April 30, 2012, 06:23:38 pm »

Hi, that just happened recently in my fort. He's already killed about 6 in an end of a hallway, already the miasma is spreading.
I have about 10 sets of spare clothes, and yet the profile says "Is embarrassed to be uncovered"
And there's two other kids that are unhappy for the same reason.

What's the problem? Why won't they pick up some damned clothes, anyway?

Also, how would I disable berseking because of nudity in the raws?

EDIT: I'd also like to get rid of this problem as quickly as possible because of all the "cancels job" spam messages.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 06:26:20 pm by JimDale »

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: nude kid goes berserk
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 06:27:52 pm »

You can't do anything about a kid who has already gone berserk.  You need to kill him somehow.

You also can't do anything about your dwarves getting unhappy about not having clothing.  That's hard-coded now.  Better start mass-producing clothing.  The spare clothing you say you have is probably already owned, or the wrong size or type.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

JimDale

• Bay Watcher
  • Not actually at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 06:32:23 pm »

Well, the kids' just about killed everything on the upper floors now, including the other naked kids.
Now it's only the few smelters and smiths I have left on the barricaded floor. If anything decides to come up now from the caverns, I'm screwed.

Thanks anyway :P
And no, the clothes aren't owned, they were just made. So I really have no idea why the kid won't claim it, other than the fact that it's drenched in the blood of dwarves and poultry.

HiEv

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Counter-Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 08:36:51 pm »

If you ever manage to calm this kid down, PUT HIM IN YOUR MILITARY!  ;D
The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 08:40:51 pm »

"Uncovered" is specifically coverings below the waist.  Trousers, for instance, will satisfy thus.  Although dresses and robes cover the legs for purposes od armoring, they apparently only count as shirts for purposes of clothing.
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 10:55:03 pm »

I had a military squad go all tantrumy on me because I accidentally set "replace clothing" when I didn't mean to.

Took like 3 months to get one of them back into clothes because he tantrumed almost continuously and wouldn't get dressed.

"I'M MAD BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE CLOTHES!"

"Here's some clothes."

"I'M TOO MAD ABOUT NOT HAVING CLOTHES TO TAKE YOUR STUPID CLOTHES!"

JimDale

• Bay Watcher
  • Not actually at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 11:35:36 pm »

I checked one of the combat logs. One of the entries said that the kid grabbed someone by the head and ripped their head clean off.

DAMN SON

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 12:23:02 am »

I checked one of the combat logs. One of the entries said that the kid grabbed someone by the head and ripped their head clean off.

DAMN SON

These kids usually die... if you can try trapping him inside a room with food and drink.  Then wait for him to chill out.  I've never been able to get this done before the kid kills himself from starvation or dehydration.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 05:25:03 am »

What, insanity is no longer irreversible?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 06:22:23 am »

tough kid, btw
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 07:30:43 am »

Insanity is still irreversible.  If the kid is berserk, he'll always be berserk.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

LuckyLuigi

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Ever Savescum
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2012, 09:26:01 am »

Untill I had legendary this and legendary that this was the #1 cause of death. Still happens now and then.
It takes a really long time for the bad thoughts to disappear.
Everyone gets them when they become a child and suddenly discover they are naked in the dining room  :P
Check out Time Denee's brilliant DF comics of Bronzemurder and Oilfurnace.

Batdwarf Forever !

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
  • Listen to my album at www.oldschoolpoindexter.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 02:31:47 pm »

I had a military squad go all tantrumy on me because I accidentally set "replace clothing" when I didn't mean to.

Took like 3 months to get one of them back into clothes because he tantrumed almost continuously and wouldn't get dressed.

"I'M MAD BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE CLOTHES!"

"Here's some clothes."

"I'M TOO MAD ABOUT NOT HAVING CLOTHES TO TAKE YOUR STUPID CLOTHES!"
if you think about it, i bet you know a couple people in real life who behave similarly.
Life (in dwarf fortress) is a cocophany of flavours, each more succulent than the last - why not sample them all?!

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 10:12:36 am »

Wait, I thought "replace clothing" was the de-facto choice for everyone when it comes to uniforms, to prevent all sorts of problems with layering and not having room to wear a breastplate over a tunic etc.  I just started back in with DF2012 from playing 31.25, so maybe things have changed.  Why was "replace clothing" a bad choice in this case?

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2012, 10:51:09 am »

If you make a uniform that replaces clothing, but does not actually include clothing, you will get armed and armored angry naked dwarfs. Armor does not count as clothing! If you use "replace clothing" you need to add, at the very least, socks, trousers and a shirt to your uniform.
Pages: [1] 2