Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Any Good, Free Pen & Paper RPGs, or Tabletop Games?  (Read 16550 times)

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
Re: Any Good, Free Pen & Paper RPGs, or Tabletop Games?
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2012, 09:00:51 pm »

Toymallet 40c is a system kinda loosely based off of Warhammer that lets you basically make an army out of whatever you can scrape up, usually toys from your/your kid's toybox/collection of figurines or 'figurines'. It's got the massive advantage of being free and using stuff you hopefully already have.
Nothing important here, move along.

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2012, 09:15:23 pm »

A simple dice rolling large scale battle system is in the Fudge System: http://helge.nvg.org/rpg/fudbattles.php

Also, a d20 book called Empire had a good section on large scale battles.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2012, 09:15:55 pm »

There's also BrikWars, a wargame made to be played with Legos and other construction bricks, though it can be played with other toys and miniatures, you'd just have to ignore the rules about construction and destruction of units.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2012, 02:34:21 pm »

BrikWars looks particularly entertaining, but something that you couldn't play via maptools sadly :(, other then that I'd say Toymallet 40c is a much faster pace, I may run a campaign of it on the forums sometime.
Pages: 1 [2]