Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: What Annoys You?  (Read 19860 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: What Annoys You?
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2012, 12:33:53 am »

Eat and drinking limits. Also interacting with wells should automatically lower and raise the bucket.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2012, 01:42:35 am »

So you never were so hungry that you can actually fill yourself with food and still not be sated? Yes, that is a thing.

Are you sure? I thought hunger tied in with how full your stomach was. So even if you were malnourished you'd still not feel hungry as soon as you stuffed yourself with food. Of course, I've never been that hungry. Though I have been thirsty to the point of vomitting when I finally did get a drink. That was a long and painful process. So having the thirsty status stick around for a while once you go past an unsafe level while you puke up what you try to drink would be legit.

More on topic, not being able to fast travel over rivers nowadays aggravates me as well as things that have longer line of sight to my adventurer.

Axarr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2012, 12:27:29 pm »

Bandits. Whenever I get interrupted during fast travel, they slaughter me. Even If i have a kill list of 40 and a horde of zombies.  :(

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2012, 01:20:22 pm »

Bogeymen.  Although, my current adventurer has managed to finally kill a group of them.  When I killed the last one, I was so excited.  If they didn't spontaneously vaporize after death, id still be carrying a bogeyman head around.  Archers aren't so bad if you're being sneaky, and very lucky.

And I rather recently went to rehab, and due to certain habits, hadn't been eating much at all. When they served food the first three days, I invariably ate far far too much, because even though my stomach would be full, I was still hungry.  So, I can relate to how Toady did the Hungry and Thirsty.  We ARE on the internet though, we could probably look up scientific data on hunger and such like...
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2012, 02:19:57 pm »

So you never were so hungry that you can actually fill yourself with food and still not be sated? Yes, that is a thing.

Three meals are not a cure to the effects of starvation.

HEYAH!

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2012, 08:33:47 am »

When the filthy human peasants get lucky and jam my skull with their kitchen knives, or something silly like my smashing my middle finger open on both hands.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2012, 08:45:02 am »

It's annoying how all marksmen and bowmen are elite snipers, now.  It makes it impossible to attack bandit camps and eradicate them without throwing rocks at the snipers while in stealth mode.  While it is kinda fun, I wanna try other play styles and their ridiculous accuracy is frustrating. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2012, 09:13:44 am »

It's annoying how all marksmen and bowmen are elite snipers, now.  It makes it impossible to attack bandit camps and eradicate them without throwing rocks at the snipers while in stealth mode.  While it is kinda fun, I wanna try other play styles and their ridiculous accuracy is frustrating.

Because skilled archers aren't supposed to be able to hit adventurers at point blank range ::)

Pawel1997PL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2012, 10:14:54 am »

Huh, I just wrestle their weapons off, never had any real problems whit them.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2012, 10:35:01 am »

Immortal Powerhouse Disorder
Goblins live forever. If a goblin gets good enough to rack up a few kills, he gets stronger. And then he racks up more kills. And gets even stronger. Eventually, you have a 1050 year old goblin who has devoted every day of his life to killing, and has grown damn good at it. They generally have legendary in at least three combat skills, and have kill streaks longer than a dwarf's beard. And when you die against them as an adventurer, they just get stronger. And since npc armor is affected by skills and kills, these guys usually have steel.

Also, if people are annoyed by zombies not having weapons, I have two words: zombie sturgeons. Sturgeons are common, and can be killed by standing at a riverbank and throwing dirt at them. However, when you resurrect them, you have a landswimming monstrosity capable of tearing a troll in half. Animal zombies are near unbeatable.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Captain Crazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2012, 01:57:38 pm »

Birds. those fucking assholes

You can't butcher the lot of them, hunting them is obnoxious with melee, and their omnipresence makes it impossible for me to ambush big game.
I usually think of Armok as the pure essence of FUCK YOU!

bitesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember, FTW is WTF spelled backwards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2012, 04:38:56 pm »

Bogey. Fucking. Men.
I HATE bogeymen.

I love bogeymen. They're my rite of passage. Once I can slice them in half without them even touching me, I know I made a worthy adventurer. In the beginning they can be a pain, obviously, but I just bring some companions along, and it's cool.

Which brings me to what does annoy me the most: those asshole companions chasing every fucking animal they ever see. They don't even kill them sometimes, they're just happy to maim them unconscious. Or better yet, I try to cross a 2/3 tile wide river, half of them start floundering in the water. They'd be fine if they just swam across, but no, there's a turtle or whatever down the river, so, they drown fighting that fuckin turtle. Any archers/crossbowmen waste all their ammo before we get anywhere near a quest target. I can imagine it "Animals? Living? How dare they?". Or maybe they just love them so much.
Companions: what a bunch of assholes...
It only takes a second to show someone how you feel about them. The police call it "indecent exposure", but whatever.
Quote from: I-Ching
You lose your efficacious tortoise, and look at me till your jaw falls down.

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2012, 10:20:10 pm »

What annoys me?
Watching elfs and children being attacked and killed, killing the murderer then getting killed by his buddy.
This all happened in a fortress.
"A giant cave bat, a giant cave swallow, and a troll wander into my fort's cagetraps..."

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2012, 10:39:16 am »

"You have discovered a river."

You don't say? Biggest feature on the map, and just now detected it?  The rivers don't bother me as much as this message

humblegar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2012, 07:33:02 pm »

Hatches and stairs in catabombs defended by respawning lashers and crossbowmen, such a gamble moving down.

That and being hungry/thirsty all the time because I'm "too full" to do something about it ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7