Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: What Annoys You?  (Read 19868 times)

What Annoys You?
« on: May 02, 2012, 02:40:28 am »

What sort of things do you encounter that are annoying/rage inducing/just plain dumb?

For me, trying to eat some food after spending days on end hunting something that can be butchered so now I need to eat about 6 pieces of whatever instead of just one, and being told that I am too full to eat, even though my status is "Hungry" is the most infuriating message this game has ever given me.

caddybear

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: What Annoys You?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 02:57:17 am »

So you never were so hungry that you can actually fill yourself with food and still not be sated? Yes, that is a thing.
And then did ARMOK say, the east is the holiest of directions, and thou shouldst not stand there lest thou be strucketh down by my holiest of beards. And then did the dorfs did say, we shall build from the west, for more do we fear the beard of ARMOK than the strike of the elephant.
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 03:02:25 am »

So you never were so hungry that you can actually fill yourself with food and still not be sated? Yes, that is a thing.

Only when stoned.

But how about this: Drinking "stagnant water" is fine when it's on the ground, but if you put it in a container, "No, that's disgusting!"
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 06:24:55 am by TheCoolSideofthePIllow »

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 11:25:19 am »

I always get pissed off when I walk down a set of stairs in the catacombs and am immediately one-shotted by a crossbowman.
Lucelle Weapons and Armour adds in tons of historical weapons and armour from a variety of different cultures

Urist McDonalds

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 12:00:40 pm »

I get pissed off when I go on a quest to kill a black bear, I cut off it's leg, it runs away, it gets kicked by an emu, it opens the threatening window, but it still runs away.

Baradrim

• Escaped Lunatic
  • When Urist McBerserk Meets Urist McMelancholy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 02:33:17 pm »

In my old adventurer, i had to kill somebody in a dark fortress which did not exist at all.

eltheon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 05:11:24 pm »

fighting a savanna titan that as it died shot a heat wave or something at me and i melted i was SO pissed
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 05:59:29 am »

Sewers. My God, sewers.

I am often sent on quests to find someone and kill them in a sewer, but the sewers are almost always empty (sometimes there's small hostile critters in them but not often) and several passages are unable to be navigated without drowning.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 06:27:35 am »

Bogey. Fucking. Men.
I HATE bogeymen.

Not being able to find sewer entrances is sorta annoying, too.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 09:35:25 am »

Bogey. Fucking. Men.
I HATE bogeymen.

The entrances are fairly easy to find, but I feel you on the Bogeymen. They are weak as shit, most of the time taking only a single blow to fell; the problem is landing that single blow. Usually, I advance world gen a world without Bogeymen, just because I like to travel alone.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 09:43:31 am »

Bogey. Fucking. Men.
I HATE bogeymen.

I feel your pain.  These things were like wasps.  Good thing Toady added a "remove bogeyman" sort of option in advanced world gen.

I...don't like rivers.  The dark blue ones you have to swim across.  I have died to alligators a few times, and also to drowning even though I have adequate swimmer skill.

And really, it's just tedious crossing the darn things. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Hamsmagoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2012, 10:19:06 am »

fighting a savanna titan that as it died shot a heat wave or something at me and i melted i was SO pissed
That sounds like !!fun!!  :P

Tehsapper

• Bay Watcher
  • Why, MrMayor? Whatever do you mean by "slade bed"?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2012, 10:48:58 am »

I...don't like rivers.  The dark blue ones you have to swim across.  I have died to alligators a few times, and also to drowning even though I have adequate swimmer skill.

I hate rivers too. When I go outside a town to quest I always need to cross thousands of these small rivers without fast-travel and my companions always end up drowning, one by one.

I hope there will be an option that will allow to make rivers passable on travel screen.
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 10:51:12 am »

I have come to loathe doors.

You can't see past them, even if it's just an opening without an actual door (like those in keeps, towers and houses), and walking through them, if there is a hostile (cross)bowman on the other side, is suicide most of the time.

About crossing rivers: If the river is a lighter shade of blue than normal, you can fast travel over them. My only gripe with them is that you have to alt+direction to enter them. You can't just walk into them normally, even if there's a ramp.

Chagen46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2012, 11:21:35 pm »

FUCKING CROSSBOWMEN, MANG

Just got fucking cheapshotted by one. Man, that was pure unbridled bullshit.
Great! my fps improved significantly and now my sewer is full of corpses like it should be.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7