Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: What Annoys You?  (Read 19854 times)

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What Annoys You?
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2012, 01:50:57 pm »

Companions annoy me. I never use em. More trouble than they're worth.

Instantly freezing rivers annoy me.

The only way I know to see the time us the fast travel screen, which isn't always available.

Oh, and it's not just the numberpad that moves you diagonally, any of the numbers can be used for movement. Useful on laptops without numberpads.
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?

CubeJackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2012, 09:32:35 am »

Finding that one enemy who can fuck you over without breaking a sweat, yet appears no different to a member of the same species that you've cut through droves of before. I'm looking at you, giant dingo.

Mudcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2012, 09:43:50 am »

RIVERS!!!! Aaah man they are so annoying to cross over and over again.

Especially with the added dangers of fish and crocs, although that can be combated by strafing the river for a while, any hostiles will swim to the bank and you can keep hitting Shift+A to locate them (and also kill them)

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2012, 09:51:51 am »

It annoys me when I come back from a megabeast quest far, far away, far away from any civilization, known landmarks, or anyone who might give me the lay of the land, and the next quest they give is only about 5-6 world tiles past the lair I just came back from. Couldn't tell me about that place while I was in the neighborhood, huh?

maluraq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2012, 04:33:10 pm »

Right now the fact that dwarves don't seem to bank the corners of tracks bothers me -- I made a nice long spiral track to bring ore from my higher mine area to my lower magma smelters but the cart goes off the track at every corner, unless I add huge numbers of stops set to 'high' friction.

ugh.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2012, 04:48:26 pm »

I have only two super pet peeves.

1. Crossbowmen who apparently camp in rooms with their weapons pointed at the door and their fingers on the trigger.
2. Going on a long trip and needing to spend about a week doing nothing but eating animals twice my size to sate my hunger.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2012, 09:32:19 am »

When playing an elf, I was always annoyed by human loot tables used where they wouldn't be. Why would dwarven, goblin and elvish tombs have nothing but human sized clothes and armor while the mummies themselves are wearing crap? Why is that elven bandit keeping a chest full of human clothing?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2012, 01:20:19 am »

Vampire with one thousand kills: I win.
Vampire with nine kills: I get violently disassembled in wrestling while wearing armor and using a weapon.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Dyret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2012, 02:03:16 am »

My dude insisting on picking up stuff with his 'empty' hand when multi-grasping. :/

Sallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2012, 09:46:24 am »

Getting killed in one shot by arrows/bolts every single time, and not being able to kill anything as a bowman and getting cut to pieces after shooting five arrows to a single axeman.

maluraq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2012, 04:49:43 pm »

Hauler picking up stray bolts carrying nearly full bin only moves one tile every 45 steps (using '.').

FingO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2012, 03:13:31 am »

What annoys me to the max is that a lot of the actions you perform are pointless in the long run. I am not able to exterminate entire civs, heck, even if I start a new character all the law-givers, lords etc are replaced by other people.

I mean, suppose we have a decent monarchy. If I kill a law-giver and all of its kin, I expect the royal line to be extinct and not that some dork without a decent blood line replaces him.

As far as I remember the older version v0.31 had the possibility to do that; after manslaughtering one ruler, the next adventurer heard from the villagers that they do not have a capital. I felt so rewarded! I initiated the decline of a whole civilization! I think the only thing as rewarding was (in fortress mode) that a goblin ruler was overthrown after I captured him for one year (at that time supposing that I am able to starve him to death). But that is another story (and another game mode...)
"In Plaguemoments I slew a human over a week." - Em Kisstorments, administrator

"Can Kutsmob Pimplehate save the world?" was a legendary bone-bound book. The written portion consists of a 30 page essay entitled "Can Kutsmob Pimplehate save the world? authored by Kutsmob Pimplehate. It concerns the giving up on being a fishery worker of the goblin necromancer Kutsmob Pimplehate in Bristleseductions in 29. The writing has its moments of cleverness.

Rtyh-C

• Bay Watcher
  • Slaughtering elves in low Earth orbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2012, 04:14:57 am »

Stopping to cross a river.

Stopping to cross more than one river.

Stopping to cross a river, which is actually a deep cliff, with ice at the bottom.

Elven adventurers not getting free waterskins. Seriously, how can you even get them in adventurer mode?
By that logic, you shouldn't be able to play dwarves because they don't show thinking ability.

jimy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2012, 06:04:07 am »

Getting told in the first minuteshow stupid and dangerouse my idea to be an adventure is and then being send to kill a legendary vampire, a necromancer, one of the strongest bandits in the land and a titan.

Seriously... why can't I just kill some small goblins or a bear.
It seems like the peasants want me to have a lot of !!FUN!!.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2012, 06:33:33 am »

Getting told in the first minuteshow stupid and dangerouse my idea to be an adventure is and then being send to kill a legendary vampire, a necromancer, one of the strongest bandits in the land and a titan.

Seriously... why can't I just kill some small goblins or a bear.
It seems like the peasants want me to have a lot of !!FUN!!.

Think about it from their perspective. Some stranger just barged into their house, demanded to spend the night, then asked them for a quest. They probably want you to die.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7