Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: What Annoys You?  (Read 19865 times)

Xheia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What Annoys You?
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2012, 12:40:06 pm »

What annoys me: the soldiers I recruit from lone fortresses (not in a city) have money pouches, but their currency is for that specific fortress and is worthless because it's not associated with a market/shops (AFAIK).

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2012, 12:27:19 am »

Stopping to cross a river.

Stopping to cross more than one river.

Stopping to cross a river, which is actually a deep cliff, with ice at the bottom.

Elven adventurers not getting free waterskins. Seriously, how can you even get them in adventurer mode?

Fortresses have backpacks AND waterskins AND buckets. Buckets are way better than waterskins. A fortress is an Outsider's BEST FRIEND. :)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2012, 07:39:16 pm »

What annoys me is waking up with my throat shot out by a gobbo. It is fun trying to kill all of them before I bleed out, though.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Random Spark

• Bay Watcher
  • Tales of Karma and Strategy
    • View Profile
    • My Art (Deviant Art profile)
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2012, 11:09:07 pm »

Losing all my travel companions because they can't retreat.

I was lucky enough to escape, have the goblins un-load from the site and come back to loot their bodies.. now i have no way to travel at night.
I am an artist. I draw, write, and compose.
I am also a smartalek. I am also trying to design a game.

Kriby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2012, 08:46:44 am »

Becoming really powerful on one adventurer and then getting the action speed bug and moving slower than I did at the start of the adventure.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2012, 09:02:30 am »

When people give me quests to take care of undersewer baddies.

Oh come on, just give me another quest guys.

Also, for the completionistic instinct in me, the fact that the creature quest will be forever lodged in my quest log irks me to no end.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2012, 09:24:46 am »

I hate it when my companions divert their attention from our important quest so they can dive into a river and wrestle fish, only to remember mid fish-duel to realize they can't swim.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2012, 01:24:30 pm »

Or chase down a herd of hippos in mid-river, kill several, get out of the river, and get stomped by a baboon. >.< Assholes, you just killed one ton vicious ungulates with three inch fangs while swimming in a river wearing metal armor, and wielding medieval weaponry, but a baboon comes at you in the woods and you get ganked? Seriously?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2012, 01:26:26 pm »

when i join as a peasant and are told to kill a wherebeast that can only be hurt with iron.
and i start with a copper spear.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

lignition

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2012, 05:47:39 pm »

This has probably been mentioned  before, but I get annoyed when I can never sneak because a bird is watching me somewhere offscreen. I also get annoyed with how frequently this happens.

Logic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2012, 08:36:54 pm »

I really hate going from Fast Travel mode to standard walking just to cross a river. It should allow you to fast travel through rivers if you can swim.  ::)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2012, 02:15:37 pm »

Bandits attacking you when they really shouldn't.  Like, I went a bunch of empty area to get to a small evil mountain range, and then was ambushed coming back.  I was in a wild forest crisscrossed all over with rivers, north of (normal) mountain range that contained a dwarf fortress that was nearly four days away, the nearest settlement was an elven retreat two days away, and there was nothing for at least a week of travel the way I was coming from.  Its like... why were those bandits even there?  No merchant was ever going through.  Its like they said, "hey guys, lets patrol that one specific wilderness location in the middle of nowhere, maybe someone will randomly be there this time!"  Except that if I had picked a different way, they would have been able to ambush me there too...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2012, 05:17:12 pm »

Sewers, those accursed sewers! I have never found a single quest target there, despite systematically combing the entire sewers of a big city. I hope you get to refuse quests soon, and preferably also insult the quest giver as well.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2012, 10:42:52 pm »

Companions maniacally chasing passive wildlife is annoying. I lost a perfectly good Axeman today. He took off after a two-humped camel alone, and killed it, but not before it turned his right leg into pulp. He literally crawled back to the party and died. Idiot.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2012, 04:43:56 am »

Quest-givers who give me a quest to find someone in a big fucking settlement. At least give me directions to his house or something.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7