Yes, but keep the old files
- 13 (46.4%)
Yes, and remove the old files
- 4 (14.3%)
What are you, high?
- 4 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 40

Author Topic: Dragonic Civilization (In process of being redone)  (Read 99393 times)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
Re: Dragonic Civilization v.0.3
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2012, 01:09:02 am »

I think you should lower the sizes of european dragons, frost dragons, chinese dragons, korean dragons and wyverns. They're larger than normal dragons at 500 years.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2012, 08:35:24 am »

I think you should lower the sizes of european dragons, frost dragons, chinese dragons, korean dragons and wyverns. They're larger than normal dragons at 500 years.

Exiled dragons are cursed with stunted growth.

This, this is a fine piece of work right here.

These were the ones I was referring to in "If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall."  You know, the ones that are about to add kobolds to the list of "kill in every realm" if they make one more mistake.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2012, 09:06:33 am »

Still, I think you overdid it a bit. 250 million would be the same size as a mountainhome, probably larger, if DF had graphics.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2012, 03:18:03 pm »

Still, I think you overdid it a bit. 250 million would be the same size as a mountainhome, probably larger, if DF had graphics.

How big are the regular ones?

Edit: I'll change it if it bugs too many people.

Note: Can anyone find out how hard it is to satisfy the mandates/needs of the Masters of Air, Earth, Water, and Fire?  I may need to nerf those categories to make it possible to satisfy them. (each require the same thing as kings, I know, it WILL be hard)

Bugfix: version 0.3.1 - see changelog

Bugfix: version 0.3.2 - see changelog
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 05:18:28 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Dragonic Civilization v.0.3.2
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2012, 03:54:57 pm »

Is there anybody out there who is going to reply to anything here?

Make suggestions as to what to do next?

I need a graphic for the main page.  So, I have an idea.  Viewers, submit your own graphic for use on the title page of this mod!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 05:05:49 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Ryusho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2012, 06:08:43 pm »

I really, -REALLY- want to try this mod out, because I am a -HUGE- fan of dragosn but...Is there some spesific way your supposed to change how you are playing to play dragons instead of dwarfs? I checked adventure mode and the dragon civilisation is there, towns, can play adventurers of them, but trying to play fortress mode I always end up being dwarfs, so how would I choose to play -dragons- instead? Sorry if this is a very newby question, I have not played Dwarf Fortress in ages, and this is the first civilisation mod I have done that wasn't a total conversion.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2012, 10:20:21 pm »

When you hit tab when you choose your embark site one of the options is to choose what civilization to embark as, and another one of those tab screens lists the nearby races that can trade with you.

In the races that can trade with you tab your embark race is always the topmost one.  If it's not the race you want go to the civ selection tab and choose another one.  Do that until you get the race you want.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Ryusho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2012, 07:27:12 am »

When you hit tab when you choose your embark site one of the options is to choose what civilization to embark as, and another one of those tab screens lists the nearby races that can trade with you.

In the races that can trade with you tab your embark race is always the topmost one.  If it's not the race you want go to the civ selection tab and choose another one.  Do that until you get the race you want.

Well it looks like I need to try to make new worlds yet again then, because both of the worlds that I generated after adding this mod, the only two worlds I do have, -all- the embarks are dwarves >.< damn it

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2012, 10:13:52 am »

I think you should fix the spelling in the thread to say Draconic instead of Dragonic.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Ryusho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2012, 10:26:05 am »

I think you should fix the spelling in the thread to say Draconic instead of Dragonic.

So I wasn't the -only- one who thought that *is a huge dragon fan, and Draconic would work better In his opinion*

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2012, 10:50:23 am »

Wow.  Nothing one day, five posts the next.

So I wasn't the -only- one who thought that *is a huge dragon fan, and Draconic would work better In his opinion*

I personally think it should be dragonic instead of draconic to differentiate between how this mod is about dragons, not dracons.  There is a difference between the two.

Well it looks like I need to try to make new worlds yet again then, because both of the worlds that I generated after adding this mod, the only two worlds I do have, -all- the embarks are dwarves >.< damn it

Are you using v.0.3.2?  I had to do some bugfixes with the castes a couple of times.

Nevermind, found the glitch.  [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] is accidentally not on the dragon civilization.  I'll save that fix for version 0.4, I am going to be making other civs.

Note: poll will end when I get 50 votes, or one of the options gets over 25.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 10:55:03 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »

UnkemptArmada

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2012, 12:11:32 pm »

I've never heard of a "dracon". What dat is?

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2012, 02:55:56 pm »

I only mentioned it because draconic is the proper adjective version of the word dragon, at least in my mind.

EDIT: Let me walk that back... it should still be dragon blood, dragon scales, dragon bones, etc.  But I think those usages are compound nouns, not adj + noun.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 09:53:57 am by slothen »
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

caddybear

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2012, 03:03:09 pm »

Some lame 4th ed D&D race. Mix human and dragon blood, get a dracon.

I hate 4th ed so much.
And then did ARMOK say, the east is the holiest of directions, and thou shouldst not stand there lest thou be strucketh down by my holiest of beards. And then did the dorfs did say, we shall build from the west, for more do we fear the beard of ARMOK than the strike of the elephant.

UnkemptArmada

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2012, 03:06:55 pm »

Some lame 4th ed D&D race. Mix human and dragon blood, get a dracon.

I hate 4th ed so much.

Except that's not correct at all. The humanoid/dragon race is the "Dragonborn". Dracon isn't anywhere in first party D&D.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 40