Yes, but keep the old files
- 13 (46.4%)
Yes, and remove the old files
- 4 (14.3%)
What are you, high?
- 4 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40

Author Topic: Dragonic Civilization (In process of being redone)  (Read 98904 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Dragonic Civilization (In process of being redone)
« on: May 02, 2012, 07:02:35 pm »

I have decided to create a new thread for this.  Here is the link to it.  Please direct all commentary there.

Dragonic Civilization

This is currently a small(?) mod that I have decided to work on.  It currently features a three powerful enemy civilizations, two allied civilizations, and the playable dragon civilization.  There are 15 different types of dragons from the wyvern to the european, from lindworm to chinese, from frost to dwarf, and many more!

Current release (Eric Blank's bugfix): http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7040

Bugfixing Link: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6248

We also have a succession Game, and we need players!: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=115759.0  Failed due to problems

Now there is a second attempt:Link Here  Dead from lack of interest.

To install, extract the notepad files within the folders from the .zip folder to your raw files folder.

Spoiler: original image (click to show/hide)

To do list:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Civilization Bios (sorry if you do not like how I used the memes)

The Dragons:

The Exiled:

The Slayers:

Golems:

Dragon Worshipers

Mages:

Changelog: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108658.msg3250120#msg3250120

I would like to thank:
DarthBoogalo for the coding for the claws.
Hugo_The_Dwarf for the beta-forge coding (I borrowed code from your mason's workshop 2 in your regeneration mod for it), the ABS mod used to create the dragon caste bodies, and all the coding you have made that was incorporated into the mod.
Greiger for linking me to utilities used for the language and full forge's look.
Eric Blank for the size of the cast bodies in early versions and fixing the bugs of version 1.0.
The authors of various things that are in this mod, but whose names I forgot when going through the coding...
And Toady for making the game.

Interesting Writings of Worlds Spawned by This Mod

Quote from: Vgray
In the beginning, from the year 1 to the year 60 was the age of Myth. We Dragons fought many wars with the humans. Some of the Old Ones remember a Race called the Dwarves. None of our recorded history ever mentions contact with such a race. From the year 61 to year 119 the Elves often came into conflict with the humans. They also waged several wars against the Goblins when they were not fighting humans. We dragons played little part it it, although dragons did fight in some of the many wars. However, old hatreds die hard, and we found ourselves fighting the humans in small skirmishes throughout history. From 120 to 126 the so called "Golden Age" the Elves really got serious. In a mere six years they decimated the various goblin empires.  And so is the state of the world, in the year 130 "The Age of Elves. We now seek refuge. A land where we can prosper and have many hatchlings.

Interesting things that have happened in this mod

These guys are a beast. They faced 150 undead warriors i think? without any augments, maybe their version of a pick and axe, and killed just about all of them. Save, the leader has some cuts and his skull is fractured. But everyone else is fine.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 08:30:24 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

the_game_hunt

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_MERCY]
    • View Profile
Re: Dragonic Civilization
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 07:06:04 pm »

MMM, dragon civilizations?

For giving other people a look to your mod, put some info about these (size of the dragons, install instructions and other stuff)

A recomendation, create a very expensive weapon (or material) unique to those dragons.

EDIT: I thought those were like dragon-borns (from d&d), but they are plain DF dragons but like humans.

COOL
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 07:11:54 pm by the_game_hunt »
The spinning (silk shoe) strikes the Baron in the left upper arm, bruising the skin!
The Baron has been shot and killed.

WARNING! I'm not responsible for damaging/destroying your post!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 08:46:54 pm »

...but they are plain DF dragons but like humans.

COOL

Thanks for the appreciation!

I do have an idea for a dragon-specific pick that is, in its most basic form, a (insert material) piece of armor that is placed over the claws, but I have no idea how to mod that in.

I have not played D&D before, so what are dragon-borns?

Edit:
...plain DF dragons...

Possibly the next thing I will do, is to add different castes of different orders of dragons upon the hierarchy.
ex. the plain DF dragons would be the average, with wyverns being the "scout" class with the ability of greater speed than the DF dragons.
I would need some other ideas for the other casts, though.

Also, I placed wings upon the civilized dragons in my mod.  I don't have the [flier] tag placed on them, so that traders and sieges could leave the map, unless that bug was fixed.  If it has, I'm putting that tag on them.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 09:06:31 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

arzzult

• Bay Watcher
  • This statement is false.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 09:04:03 pm »

Unfortunately weapon objects don't accept armor tokens and armor objects don't accept weapon tokens. So unfortunately things like your idea and spiked armor/gauntlets are impossible.
I just realized two things. 1. For the Win and F___ the World have the same initials. 2. They have the same meaning in Dwarf Fortress.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 09:09:42 pm »

Unfortunately weapon objects don't accept armor tokens and armor objects don't accept weapon tokens. So unfortunately things like your idea and spiked armor/gauntlets are impossible.

Sadly.  At very least, I made the dragons in this mod their own body cast [Body:Dragonic] in order to fix a hindrance in the ability to use in game objects by giving the front left and front right legs [grasp].

DarthBoogalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Wicked.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 09:25:20 pm »

Hi,
Old thing I made, rename and reuse however you see fit, it doesn't actually provide armor, though.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 06:07:57 am »

I have not played D&D before, so what are dragon-borns?
Half-dragon things. There are even dragonborn gelatinous cubes!
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 08:36:50 am »

Basically like Lizardmens, but actually Dragonmens and way more civilized about it.  Theres all kind of colors and whatnot of them, too.

Ultimately I think they were invented because munchkins always wanted to play a Half-Dragon in Dungeons and Dragons, and since Wizards of the Coast took over they don't do what needs to be done anymore, just what people will buy.  You want to know how it should be done?  Go look at Pathfinder, or GURPS.  I tell ya, back in my day (rant rant rant).

Honestly it could work better to have Dragon men as your civ instead of the big lizard types.  It would make more sense, anyways.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 10:09:32 am »

Hi,
Old thing I made, rename and reuse however you see fit, it doesn't actually provide armor, though.

Thanks! That will work quite well.

Honestly it could work better to have Dragon men as your civ instead of the big lizard types.  It would make more sense, anyways.

I'll add a dragon men civ as the next one.  I originally created this mod when I read on TES wiki that the dragons you fight in skyrim had actual cities or some such with blacksmiths and the such.

And as to making sense, remember, this is Dwarf Fortress.  We have fortresses suspended by a pillar of soap.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 10:19:19 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 10:21:31 am »

I just realized that I forgot to put a change log on this, so without further delay:

« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 04:32:02 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 04:37:29 pm »

How would I make a building look like a metalsmith's forge?

I need to know this for the next update.  Either that, or tell me what code I would need to place items within the metalsmith's forge.  I am not sure what the tag for that is.

Edit: to all those who downloaded the mod, I apologize for it not being able to work.  This was due to outstanding coding within the entity files.  Until 0.2, old downloaders (all 7 of you) should change [DIGGER:ITEM_WEAPON_DRAGONPICK] to [DIGGER:ITEM_WEAPON_PICK].  I have edited the listing so later downloaders will not have the problem.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 05:21:13 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Alexander86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dragonic Civilization v.0.1.1
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2012, 06:10:05 pm »

The only problem is that dragons fire/acid etc attacks destroy everything! ha. look forward to more progress with this mod.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2012, 10:57:44 am »

The only problem is that dragons fire/acid etc attacks destroy everything! ha. look forward to more progress with this mod.

Everything EXCEPT other dragons!  Can you think of how effective they will be at breaking sieges!

Version 0.2 preview

Edit: Durring a test, I have discovered that all dragons have talented in bite, observer, striker, fighter, archer(?), and dodger!  And play now actually DOES work!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 11:07:43 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2012, 05:54:04 pm »

VERSION 0.2 RELEASED
  • Weapons and Armor!
  • Dragon Civ. is now Controllable!

And that's it.

the_game_hunt

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_MERCY]
    • View Profile
Re: Dragonic Civilization v.0.2
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2012, 07:24:31 pm »

Looks pretty good actually ;)

When are we getting dragon-adventurers? That would be really awesome, but remove the breath fire, it may be totally OP.
The spinning (silk shoe) strikes the Baron in the left upper arm, bruising the skin!
The Baron has been shot and killed.

WARNING! I'm not responsible for damaging/destroying your post!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40