Yes, but keep the old files
- 13 (46.4%)
Yes, and remove the old files
- 4 (14.3%)
What are you, high?
- 4 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 40

Author Topic: Dragonic Civilization (In process of being redone)  (Read 99291 times)

Ryusho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dragonic Civilization v.0.6
« Reply #270 on: May 20, 2012, 06:09:01 am »

Well, I don't know how to do it, but, I know that if I -knew- how to do it, or someone could help me learn how to do it, I could really help with that, because I would love to help this mod in some way, and if I can help so eventually we get dragons that are unique, including ones that have nothing special to them in some way, I would definately be able to help and type out mini descriptions for each various thing.

*wonders if there is a Dwarf Fortress Modding for Dummies Book...*

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 20, 2012, 08:26:17 am »

Well, I don't know how to do it, but, I know that if I -knew- how to do it, or someone could help me learn how to do it, I could really help with that, because I would love to help this mod in some way, and if I can help so eventually we get dragons that are unique, including ones that have nothing special to them in some way, I would definately be able to help and type out mini descriptions for each various thing.

*wonders if there is a Dwarf Fortress Modding for Dummies Book...*

Knowing this forum, someone has probably already made one...
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #272 on: May 20, 2012, 09:14:55 am »

yup there's a few modding tutotirals, and the wiki. Even the vanilla raws have comments from toady, so getting into it is easy. The Hard part is !!SCIENCE!! when you want to try something that hasn't been done before or complex

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 20, 2012, 09:23:45 am »

Theres the modding workshop, the modding questions thread, the spellbook... those are all threads, but just reading few those a few pages at a time might be helpful in learning.  Even if there aren't any basic tutorials, just reading through them and mentally trying to pick apart any posted raws with the wiki handy for referencing any unrecognized tags is probably enough to learn quite a bit.

But as Hugo says, the trouble comes when yer trying to do something no-one has done before.  And at that point asking on a thread is a good way to go.  Most of the modding community has a pretty good grasp on what is absolutely not possible, and if what yer trying to do isn't possible you'll know pretty quick.  And if it might be possible, there will be plenty of speculation and thoughts on how it might be done.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 21, 2012, 10:33:35 am »

VERSION 0.7

New plant added!
I Forget What Else I Did!

I have got to start keeping a log of what I do.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Dragonic Civilization v.0.7
« Reply #275 on: May 21, 2012, 07:16:15 pm »

Anyone have any ideas for the mod?

Oh, and keep it somewhat close to the theme.

One idea going through my head is a civilization of wizards who want to experiment with dragons and dragon magic.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 07:25:10 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 21, 2012, 07:54:47 pm »

One idea going through my head is a civilization of wizards who want to experiment with dragons and dragon magic.
Civ of nothing but wizards might be a bit weird, you should copy humans and make the wizards a slightly rarer caste. That way it looks like a guild of mages hiring/ruling over normal humans.

Maybe the wizards can be a part of the SLAYERS you know, Slayers want dragons dead, a wizard might find an oppotunity to get his/her hands on a dragon. Or at least a corpse

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 22, 2012, 09:48:25 am »

Civ of nothing but wizards might be a bit weird, you should copy humans and make the wizards a slightly rarer caste. That way it looks like a guild of mages hiring/ruling over normal humans.

Maybe the wizards can be a part of the SLAYERS you know, Slayers want dragons dead, a wizard might find an oppotunity to get his/her hands on a dragon. Or at least a corpse

How would I make a caste rarer than others?  And why not put the wizards in both?

Why are people not posting?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 22, 2012, 12:06:51 pm »

POP_RATIO:#### -> higher numbers mean more often place these on all castes.

Sorry if I don't post often, Whenever something new is posted here i drop by to see it. Also for that program, A copy and paste solution might be easier cause it might take me too long to make it. I can maybe set a quick template up for you, or slowly plug away at the program.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 22, 2012, 12:10:43 pm »

POP_RATIO:#### -> higher numbers mean more often place these on all castes.

Sorry if I don't post often, Whenever something new is posted here i drop by to see it. Also for that program, A copy and paste solution might be easier cause it might take me too long to make it. I can maybe set a quick template up for you, or slowly plug away at the program.

Thanks, and I can wait for the program.

What I meant by the "Why are people not posting?" is that you are the only one to post throughout the entire night, and this has been read over 2800 times!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 22, 2012, 03:07:50 pm »

I consiter posting.  I'm watching this pretty closely but I don't really have anything to contribute.

...Keep up the good work?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 22, 2012, 06:15:16 pm »

New poll is up.

I consiter posting.  I'm watching this pretty closely but I don't really have anything to contribute.

...Keep up the good work?

You seriously have NO ideas for the mod?  Oh, and I will add the quasi-dragon worshiper civilization.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 22, 2012, 07:12:18 pm »

These guys are a beast. They faced 150 undead warriors i think? without any augments, maybe their version of a pick and axe, and killed just about all of them. Save, the leader has some cuts and his skull is fractured. But everyone else is fine. Btw, all of the dragons have all of the Healthcare labors activated, with the exp. leader in the hospital, requesting diagnosis, and they won't do anything. On purpose or glitch? Edit: It seems to be working fine now.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 07:15:05 pm by Icefire2314 »
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 22, 2012, 07:19:22 pm »

These guys are a beast. They faced 150 undead warriors i think? without any augments, maybe their version of a pick and axe, and killed just about all of them. Save, the leader has some cuts and his skull is fractured. But everyone else is fine.

I'm putting that on the main page.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 22, 2012, 07:20:43 pm »

Please do :)

I feel like some kind of epic commander watching his warriors though. Unfortunately, we likely had our first death. We only have 6 citizens now, and a wrestler is missing :/

Second. I found a mutilated corpse :( One dragon had his wing removed D:

third :( I don't think they'll last out much longer. Only 4 left. But 7 humanoid dragons have killed almost 150 undead alone... For that I am extremely proud of my dragons. It is my misfortune dragons happen to be my favorite animal. Apart from that, 3 of the dragons are resting, only my chief medical person is still standing.

Btw, it says chief medical dwarf. I assume you missed that? considering you changed most of the other dwarven type names to human type names (Craftdwarf Workshop -> Craftman's workshop)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 07:30:24 pm by Icefire2314 »
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 40