Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist bug?  (Read 2330 times)

KaraMong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf Therapist bug?
« on: May 03, 2012, 03:36:43 am »

So I dunno if this is a bug or not, but my Dwarf Therapist "Migrant Wave Counter" is counting only 7 Waves even if I had something like 10 Waves in the 2 years of my fort. Also my 7th Wave gets "updated" each time a migrant wave comes(now is at 59 dwarves in a single wave!). Is this a bug or the waves are capped in some way?

On an unrelated note: I have a poisonus FB in my cavern, swimming in the lakes, should I seal it to avoid casualities or should I kill it?

caddybear

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist bug?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 03:41:48 am »

Mod forums my friend.
And then did ARMOK say, the east is the holiest of directions, and thou shouldst not stand there lest thou be strucketh down by my holiest of beards. And then did the dorfs did say, we shall build from the west, for more do we fear the beard of ARMOK than the strike of the elephant.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 03:55:00 am »

there is a therapist thread on the mod forums, they most likely can answer you there and some don't move from there often.

What is the FB made off? poisonous stinger, bite, blood? some more info please. On the other hand, there is no harm in just leaving it there
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

KaraMong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 05:37:54 am »

Sorry didn't know about the Mod Forum(mostly lurk this section).

The FB is an Humanoid with Poisonous Breath. I wanted to kill it so my militia would get some XP, but if it's too risky I can just floor the stairs and wait for it to go away.

kelewan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 08:03:41 am »

So I dunno if this is a bug or not, but my Dwarf Therapist "Migrant Wave Counter" is counting only 7 Waves even if I had something like 10 Waves in the 2 years of my fort. Also my 7th Wave gets "updated" each time a migrant wave comes(now is at 59 dwarves in a single wave!). Is this a bug or the waves are capped in some way?

On an unrelated note: I have a poisonus FB in my cavern, swimming in the lakes, should I seal it to avoid casualities or should I kill it?

https://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/issues/detail?id=410

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 11:21:15 am »

As to the FB, killing it with spike traps or at least hitting it hard from a distance with marksdwarfs is advisable. Some FB poisons will cause a headache, some will cause a quick death, some cause a slow death and some of all of these actually spread. Dwarven washtubs or decontamination rooms are highly recommended
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.