Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Order-dependent error in creature raws...anyone ever see something like this?  (Read 731 times)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game

To the best of my knowledge, the order of creatures in raws is generally supposed to be irrelevant, except when COPY_TAGS_FROM gets involved.

But I'm experiencing a really weird bug where I get "undefined local creature material set to default" in the error log...and the specific creature it is associated with depends on the number of creatures before it in the raws. If I delete a creature or two, the creature with the bug gets moved up accordingly. This also happens if I move some earlier files later in the alphabetized list (by adding a "z" in their name). None of these creatures actually has anything wrong with them independently.

Note that this is a highly elaborate mod with a lot of creatures cross-referencing materials in other creatures, so unexpected behaviors that weren't accounted for might be expected. But this isn't an uncommon practice in the more complex mods out there, so maybe someone else has seen something like this. There are also worldgen crashes which might be related to whatever is going on here.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Post the mod as it is right now. This is really good data, likely a parser bug that can easily be found with breakpoints etc.