Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Dwarf Fortress localization patch

(1/51) > >>

insolor:
Greetings!
For a few months I'm working on a utility that replaces strings hardcoded in Dwarf Fortress.exe with ones it get from an external file, ie. it can be used to translate Dwarf Fortress to some language other than English (in particular we are working on Russian translation of DF). If someone interested I will provide additional info.

Tierre:
Wow i'd like to see Russian version of DF. Though grammar would be a real pain. Maybe i'd be able to make my wife ply it at last:)

insolor:
You are right. Because of grammar differences between English and Russian, almost every report looks improperly. At least we can correctly translate whole phrases in menus, dialogs etc. Another problem is that the "Thoughts and Prefences" screen still can't be output with TTF font, so there's no a simple solution how to use cyrillic there.

There's some screenshots:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

IamanElfCollaborator:
I know this might not be on your list of targets, but Tagalog localization might be possible? In case there might be that small niche of players who speak that primarily. Just placing it here as a suggestion.

insolor:

--- Quote from: IamanElfCollaborator on May 03, 2012, 02:33:43 pm ---I know this might not be on your list of targets, but Tagalog localization might be possible? In case there might be that small niche of players who speak that primarily. Just placing it here as a suggestion.

--- End quote ---
Wikipedia says that Tagalog currently uses Latin writing system, so it won't be very difficult to make localization. Of course translation of text strings is up to you and anyone interested, I can only provide the utilty program.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version