Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress localization patch  (Read 105009 times)

insolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My projects on the Github
Re: Dwarf Fortress localization patch
« Reply #105 on: December 19, 2014, 10:34:25 pm »

Hey, now that a new version is on the table again, I have a problem. After guessing how it works, I do this:

...but that's all it does. Do you know what's up?
Use python3 (eg. python 3.4) instead of python2.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 10:43:54 pm by insolor »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #106 on: December 20, 2014, 03:50:28 am »

Insolor, could you please be so kind and post a string-dump that ready to work with 40.20? I downloaded the one for 40.19, ran a command to copy all lines and tried it, but it did not quite work correctly.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2014, 05:47:34 am »

It worked a treat! Thanks a ton.

Insolor, could you please be so kind and post a string-dump that ready to work with 40.20? I downloaded the one for 40.19, ran a command to copy all lines and tried it, but it did not quite work correctly.

There's only a few tiny differences between versions 19 and 21. You probably got something wrong.

There's the new labor tokens BUILD_ROAD and BUILD_CONSTRUCTION among the others, the generic tags "Mine" and "Channel" were removed and the new keyboard shortcuts were tacked on the list (DESIGNATE_STANDARD_MARKER/TOGGLE_MARKER/MINE_MODE and BUILDJOB_NOW). Nothing else got changed.

insolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 20, 2014, 06:48:48 am »

Oops, found a bug in extract_strings.py: it ignores strings with spaces. Please download the extract_strings.py again.
Also, I've just uploaded string dumps for 0.40.20, 0.40.21 and made some changes in 0.40.19:
https://bitbucket.org/dfint/stringdumps/src
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 07:11:09 am by insolor »

insolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 25, 2015, 12:02:02 pm »

As a side project of russian localization we are currently working on ttf output on screens like "Thought and Prefences"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

insolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2015, 07:31:24 am »

Some info/documentation of the project:
https://bitbucket.org/dfint/dfint-docs

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 11, 2015, 11:30:06 am »

You're the expert, so you'll probably know for sure: I've been recently banging my head against the fact that certain strings are read in several different places at once. Could there be some potential way to forward replacement strings only to certain memory addresses?

insolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 12, 2015, 10:42:47 am »

You're the expert, so you'll probably know for sure: I've been recently banging my head against the fact that certain strings are read in several different places at once. Could there be some potential way to forward replacement strings only to certain memory addresses?

I can implement separation of such "conjoint" strings. In the language file it will look like this:

Code: [Select]
|string|translation1| # default translation
|string|translation2|reference address|DF timestamp|

The custom translation will work only for specific DF version, so you will have to explicitly define the timestamp of the DF executable.

But I will add this functionality not earlier then I complete translation of dfint/dfrus to Python.

Currently, when I encounter such problems, I'm trying to fix them with changetext.py script. For example, the word "well" in Russian must be translated differently depending on if it is a construction or a feeling. In the changetex.py I added code which determines, if there is "I" pronoun in the statement. If it is, the code will translate "well" as "good" ("I am feeling well" == "I am feeling good" but not "I am feeling a well"  ;) ).

insolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 08, 2015, 03:00:24 pm »

Announcement
We translated DF to Russian for about a year at transifex.com:
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/dwarf-fortress/
Today we also added two more languages: Ukrainian and Esperanto (the latter added mainly just for fun). Belarusian probably will be added soon too.
You can request addition of a new language there. If you already started translation, I can import you translation to the transifex.com.

The main limitation - writing system must be Latin or Cyrillic. I know, that there is Chinese translation of DF, but I cannot guarantee, that I can add support of any hieroglyphic language. The same applies to languages with right-to-left writing system.

Update: added Italian and Belarusian.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 05:53:35 am by insolor »

insolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 24, 2015, 12:00:42 pm »

Meanwhile, the Python version of dfint/dfrus utility is nearly ready for use.
https://bitbucket.org/dfint/dfrus-py/src

You already can try to test it, but for now it lacks of documentation.
To download it go to the downloads page, then tags, and there click on 'zip' (or the format you prefer) next to the stable tag.
To get some help, execute the dfrus.py script with the `--help` switch (you need python3 to execute it):
Code: [Select]
python dfrus.py --help
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 06:14:26 am by insolor »

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 25, 2015, 04:42:08 pm »

Cool beans, appears to be working fine. Any new features? Functions? Patches to horrible bugs we never noticed?

insolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 25, 2015, 05:45:02 pm »

Cool beans, appears to be working fine. Any new features? Functions? Patches to horrible bugs we never noticed?
Glad to see, that someone already tried it  :)
  • The most cool feature is that it is in Python and not in Euphoria, so now it is way easier to support and develop (I hope people from the openeuphoria community will forgive me for this words, but we have what we have).
  • The second cool feature is that now there won't be two different versions of this patch (ie. dfrus with Cyrillic support and dfint latin-only), so that there is no need to synchronize changes/fixes between that versions.
  • It is based on the code of dfrus (not dfint). Sorry for that, but dfint was not updated since 2013, whereas dfrus code was last updated in the February of 2015. There is a bunch of bugs that I've fixed since 2013.
Generally, that is all. Functionality must be the same more or less. Moreover, there is a weird bug, which was recently discovered in the 'old' (written in Euphoria) dfrus, and which can be reproduced with the 'new' (rewritten in Python) dfrus. I will try to fix it as soon as possible.

Keep in mind, that the code was rewritten from scratch, and not yet tested thoroughly, I only fixed several most obvious bugs.
If you notice any new bugs, which were not in the 'good old' dfint, please let me know.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 05:48:32 pm by insolor »

insolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 25, 2015, 06:37:30 am »

Some news.

• I'm still working on bugs in the patch. Although causes of the most of bugs are already discovered, it need some work to eliminate them.
  • We have 10 languages to which DF is translated, but not all the translators continue the work.
  • Last night I was requested to make exe for Portugese (Brasil). It was really sudden for me, because about a week ago it was only 3% completed (just ahead of Ukrainian), but now all the hardcoded strings are translated. That's really impressive. The translator's nickname is danijfbm.
To add Portugese I've added support of cp860 to the patch. Actually some special characters are correctly displayed only in TTF mode, but it's possible to edit graphic fonts to support cp860. There are only a few differences between cp437 (which is basic codepage for DF) and cp860.

I'm also going to add cp850 support.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 07:33:09 am by insolor »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 25, 2015, 10:17:49 am »

Some news.

• I'm still working on bugs in the patch. Although causes of the most of bugs are already discovered, it need some work to eliminate them.
  • We have 10 languages to which DF is translated, but not all the translators continue the work.
  • Last night I was requested to make exe for Portugese (Brasil). It was really sudden for me, because about a week ago it was only 3% completed (just ahead of Ukrainian), but now all the hardcoded strings are translated. That's really impressive. The translator's nickname is danijfbm.
To add Portugese I've added support of cp860 to the patch. Actually some special characters are correctly displayed only in TTF mode, but it's possible to edit graphic fonts to support cp860. There are only a few differences between cp437 (which is basic codepage for DF) and cp860.

There is a few typos in the menu and the game screen, from the screenshots. Though I guess you are not the best person to report it to.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

insolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 25, 2015, 10:23:50 am »

Some news.

There is a few typos in the menu and the game screen, from the screenshots. Though I guess you are not the best person to report it to.
Sure. But you can fix them on transifex: https://www.transifex.com/dwarf-fortress-translation/dwarf-fortress/
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 10:25:35 am by insolor »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17