Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress localization patch  (Read 105018 times)

danijfbm

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress localization patch
« Reply #120 on: October 26, 2015, 10:59:34 am »

Some news.

• I'm still working on bugs in the patch. Although causes of the most of bugs are already discovered, it need some work to eliminate them.
  • We have 10 languages to which DF is translated, but not all the translators continue the work.
    Spoiler (click to show/hide)
  • Last night I was requested to make exe for Portugese (Brasil). It was really sudden for me, because about a week ago it was only 3% completed (just ahead of Ukrainian), but now all the hardcoded strings are translated. That's really impressive. The translator's nickname is danijfbm.
To add Portugese I've added support of cp860 to the patch. Actually some special characters are correctly displayed only in TTF mode, but it's possible to edit graphic fonts to support cp860. There are only a few differences between cp437 (which is basic codepage for DF) and cp860.

I'm also going to add cp850 support.
There is a few typos in the menu and the game screen, from the screenshots. Though I guess you are not the best person to report it to.

Olá Teneb,

Eu estou traduzindo o game para português BR sozinho, se você verificar as frases ainda não foram revisadas!
Preciso saber como gerar o .exe do game com o arquivo PO, para realizar as devidas correções da tradução, se alguém no grupo poder criar um pequeno tutorial sobre como juntar o PO no EXE, em alguns dias eu entrego a tradução 100% revisada.

Obrigado

insolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My projects on the Github
« Reply #121 on: October 26, 2015, 11:46:34 am »

Some news.

• I'm still working on bugs in the patch. Although causes of the most of bugs are already discovered, it need some work to eliminate them.
  • We have 10 languages to which DF is translated, but not all the translators continue the work.
  • Last night I was requested to make exe for Portugese (Brasil). It was really sudden for me, because about a week ago it was only 3% completed (just ahead of Ukrainian), but now all the hardcoded strings are translated. That's really impressive. The translator's nickname is danijfbm.
To add Portugese I've added support of cp860 to the patch. Actually some special characters are correctly displayed only in TTF mode, but it's possible to edit graphic fonts to support cp860. There are only a few differences between cp437 (which is basic codepage for DF) and cp860.

I'm also going to add cp850 support.
There is a few typos in the menu and the game screen, from the screenshots. Though I guess you are not the best person to report it to.

Olá Teneb,

Eu estou traduzindo o game para português BR sozinho, se você verificar as frases ainda não foram revisadas!
Preciso saber como gerar o .exe do game com o arquivo PO, para realizar as devidas correções da tradução, se alguém no grupo poder criar um pequeno tutorial sobre como juntar o PO no EXE, em alguns dias eu entrego a tradução 100% revisada.

Obrigado
I need some time to make some of my tools ready for everyone use (a couple days ago I had to write a name of codepage directly in the source code, which is not acceptable at all). After that I will write partial instruction.

insolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 01, 2015, 04:16:48 pm »

String dump for DF 0.42.01 added:
https://bitbucket.org/dfint/stringdumps/src

Also, source strings (hardcoded, raws, compressed, plain text) for translation were updated, in a few hours transifex.com will grab them from bitbucket repository, and then everyone are welcomed to continue translation ;)
https://www.transifex.com/dwarf-fortress-translation/dwarf-fortress
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 06:23:13 pm by insolor »

insolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 12, 2016, 07:01:23 pm »

A time has come when the good old "pipe-separated values" intermediate format is no longer acceptable...

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 12, 2016, 09:15:26 pm »

Welp. Any ideas yet?

insolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 12, 2016, 09:52:55 pm »

Welp. Any ideas yet?
Some sort of CSV, I think.

insolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 14, 2016, 04:59:21 am »

Some changes I've made:
1. Stringdumps (at least new ones) will be in a "plain-text" format, i.e. it's lines won't be enclosed into pipes ('|' symbols).
2. dfrus.py now supports CSV, but also it still supports the old format. I managed to do it with the Sniffer class from the Python's csv module, which can guess which format of file (delimiter type etc.) it is fed with.
3. For interchange between my utility programs (po2csv.py -> dfrus.py) I will use regular CSV format.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 05:08:45 am by insolor »

Hessed.Elohim

• Bay Watcher
  • Spanish Translator
    • View Profile
    • Spanish DF Wiki
« Reply #127 on: February 21, 2016, 09:34:41 pm »

Hello, someone who can send instructions for using the partial translations? I want to translate for the Hispanic community. Thank..  :)

insolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 22, 2016, 08:58:24 am »

Hello, someone who can send instructions for using the partial translations? I want to translate for the Hispanic community. Thank..  :)
Hello!
I will write them and post a link soon.

Hessed.Elohim

• Bay Watcher
  • Spanish Translator
    • View Profile
    • Spanish DF Wiki
« Reply #129 on: February 22, 2016, 10:20:53 am »

Thank you.. I will be waiting..  :D:D

insolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 22, 2016, 11:00:26 am »

Thank you.. I will be waiting..  :D:D

Here the instruction how to make translated executable file: https://bitbucket.org/dfint/dfint-docs/wiki/Translate%20Executable
Later I will add instructions for translation of text files.

Hessed.Elohim

• Bay Watcher
  • Spanish Translator
    • View Profile
    • Spanish DF Wiki
« Reply #131 on: February 22, 2016, 09:40:21 pm »

Thanks you @insolor ..with the speed that characterizes you.. ;)

Hessed.Elohim

• Bay Watcher
  • Spanish Translator
    • View Profile
    • Spanish DF Wiki
« Reply #132 on: February 23, 2016, 08:58:56 am »

@insolor.. the file po2csv.py it is included in the python installation? because i a have this message "python: can't open file po2csv.py: (Errno 2) No such file or directory" .. the po2csv.py file must be placed in the same directory that the .po file meaby?

insolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 23, 2016, 09:02:22 am »

@insolor.. the file po2csv.py it is included in the python installation? because i a have this message "python: can't open file po2csv.py: (Errno 2) No such file or directory" .. the po2csv.py file must be placed in the same directory that the .po file meaby?
po2csv.py is in the downloaded df-gettext-toolkit zip archive.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 09:05:07 am by insolor »

Hessed.Elohim

• Bay Watcher
  • Spanish Translator
    • View Profile
    • Spanish DF Wiki
« Reply #134 on: February 23, 2016, 10:28:11 am »

I dont have this file.. Here my screenshoot.. http://imgur.com/Srm5iGW
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17