Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress localization patch  (Read 105028 times)

insolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My projects on the Github
Re: Dwarf Fortress localization patch
« Reply #135 on: February 23, 2016, 10:30:17 am »

I dont have this file.. Here my screenshoot.. http://imgur.com/Srm5iGW

Sorry, download the archive again, now everything must be ok.

Hessed.Elohim

• Bay Watcher
  • Spanish Translator
    • View Profile
    • Spanish DF Wiki
« Reply #136 on: February 23, 2016, 10:46:59 am »

ok.. I supposed that must be the file, but groping on their own in stranges scrip dont work for me haha

p/d: I have the translation of the instructions, what do you think.. start a new thread for publication? or do it right here?

insolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 23, 2016, 11:03:55 am »

ok.. I supposed that must be the file, but groping on their own in stranges scrip dont work for me haha

p/d: I have the translation of the instructions, what do you think.. start a new thread for publication? or do it right here?

So, have you managed to get translated exe file?

As for translated instruction, I think it's better to place it on bitbucket, where the original instruction is. If you will register on bitbucket, I can give you permissions to edit this wiki. It has markdown syntax.

Another option: I can send you this page as a text file, you'll edit it, and then I'll add it to the wiki.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #138 on: February 23, 2016, 03:47:17 pm »

Spoiler: btw (click to show/hide)
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Hessed.Elohim

• Bay Watcher
  • Spanish Translator
    • View Profile
    • Spanish DF Wiki
« Reply #139 on: February 23, 2016, 05:20:46 pm »

So, have you managed to get translated exe file?

As for translated instruction, I think it's better to place it on bitbucket, where the original instruction is. If you will register on bitbucket, I can give you permissions to edit this wiki. It has markdown syntax.

Another option: I can send you this page as a text file, you'll edit it, and then I'll add it to the wiki.

Yes.. I can "traslated" the exe file.. dont problem..
As for the instructions, I also think its best to place it on bitbucket.. my username is "hessed elohim"

Spoiler: btw (click to show/hide)

that paradox.. the person responsible for translating texts from English dont know type the word translator.. thank you grammar-spelling-police man xD

Hessed.Elohim

• Bay Watcher
  • Spanish Translator
    • View Profile
    • Spanish DF Wiki
« Reply #140 on: February 24, 2016, 10:22:27 am »

I have a question .. there in the Russian accent marks? ("tilde" in spanish) as if it were made to appear?
we could make the translation of the .exe but not shown symbols for accented letters..
we must re-translate everything without putting accent marks to letters?

* for example, in Spanish, redemption is written "redención" .. accented on the "o"

insolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 24, 2016, 04:08:45 pm »

I have a question .. there in the Russian accent marks? ("tilde" in spanish) as if it were made to appear?
we could make the translation of the .exe but not shown symbols for accented letters..
we must re-translate everything without putting accent marks to letters?

* for example, in Spanish, redemption is written "redención" .. accented on the "o"
Have you modified the init.txt as said in the instruction? This must solve the problem.

In Russian accent marks are used only in educational books (and dictionaries, of course) or sometimes in sentences when different accent may change the meaning of a sentence.

Hessed.Elohim

• Bay Watcher
  • Spanish Translator
    • View Profile
    • Spanish DF Wiki
« Reply #142 on: February 24, 2016, 07:46:28 pm »

that was .. mistake on the file correction.. thanks! :D

TioFuna

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • DF Localization Tool
« Reply #143 on: March 01, 2016, 12:58:02 pm »

Hello!!!

I'm back in localization of Dwarf Fortress to Brazilian Portuguese (PT-BR).

I'm using Transifex that @insolor have created and start make a tool in Java to translate plain texts (*.txt). Starting from easy way.  ;D
Maybe continue with uncompressed texts and hardcoded texts. If I understand how to do this.

I created a project in GitHub and the First Release is out.
https://github.com/TioFuna/DFLocalizationTool/releases

Some Instructions:
  • Pick file 'Dwarf Fortress.exe' to find path base.
  • Program will create a folder 'Localization' in path base. All the stuff will be there.
  • To Translate, put in folder 'Translation' the PO Files, like downloaded from Transifex (only plain texts)
    • localized files will be in folder 'Localized', just copy and paste to path base and/or saved games
    • recommended make backups before copy/paste
  • To create PO Files, if necessary (@insolor have made yet) to update Transifex.
    • put on folder 'PO' the original file names that want get words/lines to be translated
    • this action will result in a Plain Text with coded texts, in same folder

Please, send comments and report issues.
For more languages and code pages, send me a message to include them.

Next steps:
 - Write a readme with instructions.
 - Continue translate in Transifex.
 - Try include translations with compressed texts and hardcoded texts

Ps1: I'm not a fluent english, I do my best. So, if you find any error, please let me know.
Ps2: I'm starting programming Java and using github, same here, helps are welcome.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 11:33:43 pm by TioFuna »

Hessed.Elohim

• Bay Watcher
  • Spanish Translator
    • View Profile
    • Spanish DF Wiki
« Reply #144 on: March 01, 2016, 03:19:02 pm »

Hello..
thank you very much for the contribution .. I tried to use the tool, but nothing happens when I click the "Translate Files" button .. I placed the .po files (both.. those downloaded to "translate" as those downloaded for "use") .. I have placed them in the Localization/Translation folder (that was created by the tool itself) .. I dont know if I should be doing something wrong. Regards

insolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 01, 2016, 04:38:46 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I already have some utilities in df-gettext-toolkit repository, but they has only console interface. In particular, translate_raws_batch.py tries to translate all the text files, and works for Starter Pack, for example. But it needs update for languages then Russian, and some instructions need to be written too.

TioFuna

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • DF Localization Tool
« Reply #146 on: March 01, 2016, 08:12:43 pm »

Hello..
thank you very much for the contribution .. I tried to use the tool, but nothing happens when I click the "Translate Files" button .. I placed the .po files (both.. those downloaded to "translate" as those downloaded for "use") .. I have placed them in the Localization/Translation folder (that was created by the tool itself) .. I dont know if I should be doing something wrong. Regards

Fixed this issue. I changed the release, please, download again the JAR file.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I already have some utilities in df-gettext-toolkit repository, but they has only console interface. In particular, translate_raws_batch.py tries to translate all the text files, and works for Starter Pack, for example. But it needs update for languages then Russian, and some instructions need to be written too.

I tryed understand and use this toolkit, but using console and Python doesn't work very well with me. So I start this java tool.
But with a list of instructions probably I can.

Hessed.Elohim

• Bay Watcher
  • Spanish Translator
    • View Profile
    • Spanish DF Wiki
« Reply #147 on: March 01, 2016, 09:17:16 pm »

I tryed understand and use this toolkit, but using console and Python doesn't work very well with me. So I start this java tool.

não acho q tipo de instrucoes voce quer, mas aqui voce vai encontrar as instrucoes q deixo @insolor pra seus scrips..
Quanto a sua ferramenta .. agora ja funcionou sem problema .. obrigado

Eu fiz as traducoes em espanhol para os scrips de @insolor, se me permite, vou fazer o mesmo com sua ferramenta ..

p/d: desculpe a minha Portugues

TioFuna

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • DF Localization Tool
« Reply #148 on: March 02, 2016, 02:32:20 pm »

não acho q tipo de instrucoes voce quer, mas aqui voce vai encontrar as instrucoes q deixo @insolor pra seus scrips..
Quanto a sua ferramenta .. agora ja funcionou sem problema .. obrigado

Eu fiz as traducoes em espanhol para os scrips de @insolor, se me permite, vou fazer o mesmo com sua ferramenta ..

p/d: desculpe a minha Portugues

Few errors with portuguese, but no problem, I understand and appreciate your dedication.
I saw the instructions to hardcoded texts, that was very good. I refer to instructions to translate plain texts.
I was waiting for these instruction, and in the meantime I develop my tool. To see if it helped in something and do a bit of programming.
Feel free to translate my tool. Maybe you can create a fork for Spanish.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 02:44:05 pm by TioFuna »

insolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 13, 2016, 01:33:08 pm »

A question for mod developers:
Who is using the localization patch in their mods (or used it earlier)?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17