Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress localization patch  (Read 105000 times)

insolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My projects on the Github
Re: Dwarf Fortress localization patch
« Reply #240 on: July 02, 2020, 02:19:22 pm »

there is none
i am login and there is no translation of dwarf fortress in german
To be clear: transifex is a place where the translation is performed, but actually there is no DF with the translation applied on this site. And I don't even know if someone tried to do this for the German language. Though you can participate in the translation: translation to German is at about 49% ready.

Just an idea -- for the == lines, which you said should be made so that the replacement is the same length as the original, is it perhaps possible to insert null characters into the replacement to allow the replacement to be shorter than the original?
There are no more == marks. As far as I remember, as of 2016, there were very few places, where length mattered.

Hessed.Elohim

• Bay Watcher
  • Spanish Translator
    • View Profile
    • Spanish DF Wiki
« Reply #241 on: July 02, 2020, 05:49:39 pm »

there is none
i am login and there is no translation of dwarf fortress in german

Hi bro.. here a screenshoot from the link that i send you last time..

Transifex link:

https://www.transifex.com/dwarf-fortress-translation/dashboard/all_projects/de/

H . E .

( EDIT: Sorry @insolor , i dont see ur post  :P )
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 05:51:46 pm by Hessed.Elohim »

nasobema

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 17, 2021, 11:17:28 am »

Hi all. I am unsure if I should contribute to the translation efforts at transifex.
While I could do some work on the german translation I have no idea (even after reading this old and long thread) if it would ever work reasonably.

Does anyone have experience with applying the translation except for the russion version which apparently does work?
I'm afraid there might be difficulties with grammar leading to ridiuclous results.

And what will Umlauts be a problem, because we have plenty of words with "special" characters in German (äöü and our favorite: ß). I guess, if it manages with cyrillic it should work, right?

ShrekLich

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 18, 2022, 06:07:40 am »

Hi all. I am unsure if I should contribute to the translation efforts at transifex.
While I could do some work on the german translation I have no idea (even after reading this old and long thread) if it would ever work reasonably.

Does anyone have experience with applying the translation except for the russion version which apparently does work?
I'm afraid there might be difficulties with grammar leading to ridiuclous results.

And what will Umlauts be a problem, because we have plenty of words with "special" characters in German (äöü and our favorite: ß). I guess, if it manages with cyrillic it should work, right?
CP437 as i seen, has german fonts. So your language shouldn't be problem.

But unfortunately polish fonts are missing. I don't know how actually you guys change fonts to cyrillic, but when i tried load polish translation (not complete yet), game throw some weird signs. I am using cp1250 coding. I decided to change fonts directly in game png image and it worked for me. Of course some of these characters is using in game, but if you are using textures, it doesn't matter at all. For anybody, who wants use it:

go to data/art and paste there this image instead of curses_640x300.png
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It looks like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

FengMaster

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 14, 2022, 10:14:32 pm »

Hello, can I ask whether you can use a coding format other than 1251, such as UTF-8? Although I see that your code seems to support utf8, when I( https://github.com/dfint/df-translate-hook )After the "df_rus.csv" in is changed to utf8 format, the interface displays garbled code.

::) ::)

insolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 23, 2022, 12:52:27 pm »

Hey guys
I have an announcement
I live in Russia, and as you know, Russia is waging a war of aggression against Ukraine. And a few days ago, mobilization was announced. At any moment, I can be taken to the war. I will resist it as much as possible, but I am not immune from it.
Let's hope for the best, but in case of "unforeseen circumstances" I give full administrative rights to https://github.com/dfint github organization to these two people: Hessed.Elohim, TioFuna

Love ya all, guys
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 09:22:35 am by insolor »

PolyZen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 29, 2022, 03:37:51 pm »

I am sorry to read the last message and hope that everything will be resolved as soon as possible....
I am an amateur Italian translator and I am trying to transpose all the information I can about the possibility of translating independently this wonderful game. I've read about the resources on GitHub but following the instructions I can't convert the .po file to CSV nor did I understand if I'm actually translating the correct thing.
I have read that basically the translation is based on extracting the files from the game executable, but can I do this myself via a tool or not? I'm available to talk to someone who is handling this, even in another language to exchange opinions or whatever, maybe on Discord or here if I don't clog too much :)
I thank you as of now!

Hessed.Elohim

• Bay Watcher
  • Spanish Translator
    • View Profile
    • Spanish DF Wiki
« Reply #247 on: October 31, 2022, 01:50:51 am »

INSOLOR

I am very sorry for the situation, I hope you are well, and I am waiting for your news.
My situation, a bit complicated too, currently living in Syria (because of that my disconnection situation).
I thank you in advance for your trust and I will do everything in my power to keep all your efforts alive.
Tight hug.
Cheers.  :-*

Braunbert

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 28, 2022, 02:15:45 pm »

Dear Insolor,

I hope the war will end soon and you dont have to go there. I wish you the best and pray for you.

To all, i have startet to translater more words in german today on Transifex. I would go on, but can someone tell me if it work in the new version which we get next week?

Regards
Bert

insolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 30, 2022, 12:31:21 am »

To all, i have startet to translater more words in german today on Transifex. I would go on, but can someone tell me if it work in the new version which we get next week?
We never know before a new release (any release, not only the steam release), if the old tools will still work on it. So, no predictions.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 11:32:48 am by insolor »

Braunbert

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 01, 2022, 07:24:26 am »

Thanks Insolor, this answer is good for me. So I will go on to translate the stuff in german. I will hope, that the new version will work with it else I will play a version which works with your translation.

Crongdyne

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 13, 2023, 07:56:39 pm »

Hey Insolor, I hope you are well, I finally managed to translate the hardcoded_steam.po with help from Luca_PolyZen but unfortunately both of us are having issues applying the translation.
He found out about it now that we were trying to test if everything worked fine with the latest conversion programs.

We set up python and gettext, then we converted the translation file, but it appears like the steam_hook doesn't apply it even though they are present; are there any known issues similar to this? We checked the final translation file and the words are indeed translated, just not applied.
The game results half English/half translated as if it was missing words and whole sentences, this was more evident by trying to follow the tutorial.

As an example here we have the sentence #2025 that is "To change the camera's elevation, press ","Per cambiare la quota della visuale premi ", the hook only "hooks" the word "the" turning it correctly into "la", the rest remains unchanged.

I hope to hear from you soon, and wish to thank you for all the work you're doing for us with this piece of software, issues aside. Strike the Earth!

Seradest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 28, 2023, 02:32:35 pm »

Hier ein video wie man Dwarf Fortress in deutsch übersetzt. Es ist einfach.
Allerdings brauchen die Übersetzer auf der Seite wo die Übersetzungsdatei her kommt noch Hilfe alle restlichen Worte zu übersetzen.
Manches wurde übersetzt aber dafür falsch oder dort steht nut das es übersetzt wurde aber dann isses trotzdem auf englisch.

Here is an video how to translate DwarfFortress in German. Its Easy
Problem is that not many people work on the translation.
https://youtu.be/zkCyfvHYBNM
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]