Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: (Bug?) Human Merchants can't make their mind up  (Read 1202 times)

Prospero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
(Bug?) Human Merchants can't make their mind up
« on: August 14, 2006, 10:40:00 am »

So I get a message saying that a human caravan has arrived and, unsurprisingly (because I had only just started thinking about beginning to plan the commencement of a road) I got a message along the lines of "The human wagons have bypassed your inaccessible site."

Fine, I thought, I didn't want any of your smelly goods anyway. But just a couple of minutes later I get another announcement to tell me that the "Merchants have arrived and are unloading their goods." !

Either the depot is inaccessible, or it's not! Indecisive bunch, methinks  :)

Should the merchants not have turned up at all, or will they just have a reduced selection of stuff instead?

Prospero - a mostly harmless mage of Dejenol
Lead Alchemist of the Return to Dejenol Project
Maintainer of Prosper

Svirfneblim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Bug?) Human Merchants can't make their mind up
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 10:48:00 am »

It happened to me today also. I had a proper road from the trading post to the river and a proper bridge on the river. The stretch of land from river to the edge was still without a road.

Still, the merchants came and traded. They had some cloth, meat, seeds and cheese. I couldn't find any option to make them bring specific goods next time, though.

ussdefiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 10:53:00 am »

Toad recently implemented a "Humans only bring mules if no road" option, which i suppose there is still some bugs to clear out about. Also, i've not noticed the guild person coming when there are no nobles in the fort.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 12:10:00 pm »

The guild rep only comes if you have a broker, or had a broker.

I didn't see any bugs up there from what I read, though I might have missed something.  If the road doesn't stretch off the left edge 3 wide, the humans bring only mules.  Otherwise, you also get wagons.  An improved announcement might clarify this.

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!