Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Gonna Fly Into the Danger Zone - Terrifying area, blind  (Read 19810 times)

Zinc23

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity Squared is Fish
    • View Profile
Gonna Fly Into the Danger Zone - Terrifying area, blind
« on: May 04, 2012, 08:48:52 pm »

Welcome to ChanneledScarlet.  I have no idea how to begin this, so I'll just start with the first thing I see when I establish my fortress.  Eyeball plants and worm tendrils.  Then a Louse Zombie ATE my fisherdwarf.

Thus begins the ****ed up history of....

CHANNELEDSCARLET

I have begun tunneling out a small shelter from the acrid, fever causing slush.  Thankfully, everyone but the aforementioned fisherdwarf got inside before serious symptoms developed.  As I said, this is blind, with previous knowledge of the game.  Sort of.  So I have no idea if fevers can be bad.  Anyway, the main room is currently being built.  A large stockpile with small branching parts for workshops, and one large meeting space.  More updates later.
The fastest GM in the woooooooorld!

Urist_McGamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gonna Fly Into the Danger Zone - Terrifying area, blind
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 09:34:38 pm »

Welcome to ChanneledScarlet.  I have no idea how to begin this, so I'll just start with the first thing I see when I establish my fortress.  Eyeball plants and worm tendrils.  Then a Louse Zombie ATE my fisherdwarf.

Thus begins the ****ed up history of....

CHANNELEDSCARLET

I have begun tunneling out a small shelter from the acrid, fever causing slush.  Thankfully, everyone but the aforementioned fisherdwarf got inside before serious symptoms developed.  As I said, this is blind, with previous knowledge of the game.  Sort of.  So I have no idea if fevers can be bad.  Anyway, the main room is currently being built.  A large stockpile with small branching parts for workshops, and one large meeting space.  More updates later.

Sounds like you're going to have the best type of !!FUN!!. Fresh !!FUN!!, untainted by knowing what things are or why your dwarves are spraying blood everywhere!
But others might prefer to have the mess contained behind windows to avoid tracking blood all over the their nice, color coordinated floor patterns. Kind of the Ozzy Osborne vs. Martha Stewart debate.

Zinc23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 09:39:44 pm »

Update: 4/5/12 : 9:35 pm

Finished the stockpiles.  In the process of retrieving the wagon's contents, a horde of zombie magpies attacked.  By the grace of Shedim, god of dreams, a rag-tag force of quickly recruited... everyone managed to dispatch them.  Also, the Fisherdwarf's HAND came back to life.  That was quickly killed too.  Now to try and dig a quick passage to seal up these corpses.  If the hand can come back to life, the rest of those things must be able to as well.

Edit: Apparently, the lady right next to the hand was incredibly pissed, and right when it came back to life, she snapped and had a tantrum.  She fucking PUNCHED the hand to death.  She fistbumped her friend's disembodied hand SO hard, it blew up.  Quite impressive.

Edit 2: And then the actual CORPSE got up, and tried to smack around our resident engraver with it's stump of an arm.  And apparently, one of those magpies bit the very same engraver, and bruised his heart.  So apparently, this one dwarf is just walking around with a huge, gaping hole in his chest, with a slightly smashed heart, and bleeding absolutely everywhere, and he is PUNCHING OUT ZOMBIES.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 09:48:54 pm by Zinc23 »

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 01:28:23 am »

My current fort is in an evil biome, too.
Took me a couple tries to get past spring TBPH.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 02:02:29 am »

you need to contain the zombie menace or you'll die, quickly
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 02:05:45 am »

Quote from: zinc23
So apparently, this one dwarf is just walking around with a huge, gaping hole in his chest, with a slightly smashed heart, and bleeding absolutely everywhere, and he is PUNCHING OUT ZOMBIES.
DF in a nutshell.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 02:14:48 am »

So apparently, this one dwarf is just walking around with a huge, gaping hole in his chest, with a slightly smashed heart, and bleeding absolutely everywhere, and he is PUNCHING OUT ZOMBIES.
DF in a nutshell.
Not quite, needs to be magma and booze in there somewhere to truly sum DF up methinks.
Still, interested to hear how op's venture goes...
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 02:16:02 am »

So apparently, this one dwarf is just walking around with a huge, gaping hole in his chest, with a slightly smashed heart, and bleeding absolutely everywhere, and he is PUNCHING OUT ZOMBIES while booze behind him ignites in a ball of fire as the magma hits it.
DF in a nutshell.

Better?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 02:18:56 am »

waste of booze
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2012, 02:23:23 am »

I never said they meant to channel the lava into the booze. They are dwarves after all.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2012, 02:28:08 am »

So apparently, this one dwarf is just walking around with a huge, gaping hole in his chest, with a slightly smashed heart, and bleeding absolutely everywhere, and he is PUNCHING OUT ZOMBIES while booze behind him ignites in a ball of fire as the magma hits it.
DF in a nutshell.

Better?
Much, thank you kindly.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2012, 05:03:54 am »

Edit: Apparently, the lady right next to the hand was incredibly pissed, and right when it came back to life, she snapped and had a tantrum.  She fucking PUNCHED the hand to death.  She fistbumped her friend's disembodied hand SO hard, it blew up.  Quite impressive.

Edit 2: And then the actual CORPSE got up, and tried to smack around our resident engraver with it's stump of an arm.  And apparently, one of those magpies bit the very same engraver, and bruised his heart.  So apparently, this one dwarf is just walking around with a huge, gaping hole in his chest, with a slightly smashed heart, and bleeding absolutely everywhere, and he is PUNCHING OUT ZOMBIES.

Whelp. The good news for you is that zombies are very easy to kill.

And that's all the help I'm going to give you.

This is going to be fun.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2012, 05:30:39 am »

The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Zinc23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2012, 07:33:26 am »

Won't be able to update until later in the day.  Prolly around 5 pm.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2012, 07:53:59 am »

PTW.

Hope you don't get any husk/thralls. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7