Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Gonna Fly Into the Danger Zone - Terrifying area, blind  (Read 19806 times)

Zinc23

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity Squared is Fish
    • View Profile
Re: Gonna Fly Into the Danger Zone - Terrifying area, blind
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2012, 10:45:08 am »

Doesn't matter now.  They were ambush bait, or at least the thralls saw them as that.  So, no more... small, cute puppies.  I didn't even bring war dogs, I just got normal dogs to breed.  But they're all dead, along with three dwarves, including the hermit.  So, now we have Thikut Seerhelms.  Is it just me, or is that name awesome?
The fastest GM in the woooooooorld!

Zinc23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2012, 11:20:00 am »

Excerpt from the journal of Thikut Seerhelms:
Entry 1: 16th Granite, Early Spring
That motherfucker back at the Royal Outpost Agency is going to die when I get back to the mountainhome.  He told us this was a scenic, peaceful area, but then we end up next to a horde of the living dead and one mile away from GOBLIN TERRITORY.  I managed to lock myself in a small shelter the bastards that came before us must have used, and found some useful tools.  There are a few tunnels into the lower parts of the shelter, but I'll stay up here for now.  What most concerns me is the huge Bronze creature outside.  I've heard legends of such creatures, large statues in the shape of some strange, tall, awkward looking dwarves that will rampage through fortresses, smashing dwarves until they are finally brought to a stop by dwarves whose names go down in history. 

Zinc23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2012, 01:17:13 pm »

Entry 2: 24th Slate, Mid-Spring
I looked further into the cavern today.  At the bottom of the staircase, I caught sight of a fearsome beast with pitch black skin and huge, ebony tusks trying to break in.  It shattered a small door to the side, and although it didn't notice me, it seemed to like the place, so I'm staying up here until it leaves.  The other surviving dwarves are going to try to fight off the undead.  While I don't support this, they left me some supplies in case they don't make it back.  I think they said something about a battle axe. 

Zinc23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2012, 03:59:10 pm »

Entry 3: 6th Malachite, Mid-Summer
I finally braved the carnage outside to find two picks and bronze battle axe waiting for me outside the door.  The others died.  Horribly, I might add.  The beast is still downstairs, waiting for me to unwittingly step into the darkness.  In other news, I have managed to get most of the old equipment I found working, so I have a working still, a mechanicism press, and some other carving tools that are nice and sharp again.  I think, after a few more preparations, I might be able to kill this sonofabitch.

Casp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2012, 04:21:18 pm »

This can only end violently. But then, we already knew that.
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

Zinc23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2012, 04:46:48 pm »

Excerpt from the journal of Nish Warmthmetal:
Entry 1: 26th Malachite, Mid-Summer
They didn't mention what was there when they said that ChanneledScarlet was a great place to move to.  When the migrant caravan gets there, we find a bunch of soulless former-dwarves, a legendary Bronze Colossus, and a herd of reindeer, of all things!  I managed to make it to an abandoned wooden cabin before those dwarven demons caught me, but the rest of my caravan wasn't so lucky.  I managed to scrounge up some bare supplies, and I might need to venture out again later.  Before I barricaded myself in, however, I did see a boarded up shelter built into the side of the mountain.  I may investigate later.

Entry 4: 26th Malachite, Mid-Summer
I learned how to use a pick today.  I hollowed out an area around one of the staircases for stone, but I didn't find much usable material.  Maybe about nine stones out of a fairly-sized area?  But anyway, I'm still surviving.  Also, I'm EXTREMELY glad I grabbed this journal.  Without any ghosts or others dwarves, it's probably the only thing keeping me sane.

Zinc23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2012, 06:18:59 pm »

Hey, you guys know that Bronze Colossus?  Apparently it has been smacking around all these zombies with a Wool Cap.  I don't even know.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2012, 06:33:42 pm »

It's a legitimate form of combat.

Zinc23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2012, 06:51:39 pm »

Anyway, I decided to add another fortress entirely.  With a female dwarf.  Here are the two profiles:
Nish:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Thikut:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

glopso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2012, 07:08:28 pm »

Make sure to make a danger room so you can cull her babies

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 21, 2012, 02:40:55 am »

Yeah, danger room is very valid in this situation.   

Kudos to you if you could do without it, but really, a dwarf's gotta find some way to event he odds. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]