Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

TF 2 Bay12 Team Tourney! Recruiting Players!

(1/6) > >>

adwarf:

I just got into TF 2 the other day, and its a great/fun game and since so many people from B12 play it why don't we hold a sort of team tournament between different teams. Players can sign up for separate teams, but I'll balance them if need be, so we have an even number of players on each team. Anyway the entire idea of the tournament is that each of those teams would face off against each other, and every time they won a game against another team they'd score one point, and move on to the next round. The team with the most points when all the rounds are finished would be the winner of the tournament, which we could of course hold several times over if you guys want. After each round the players in the game will be awarded various things, such as Team MVP, Most Kills, and such with some of those awarding that team more points as well.

Each team will need someone to record their sessions, and then send those videos to whoever chooses to put the videos on their Youtube channel. So with that said is anyone interested?

Spoiler: Team Creation (click to show/hide)Name: Name of the team
Team Members:
Team Recorder: (Who Records the video of the rounds for that team)
Number: Between 1 and 10 each number can only be chosen once.

Rules:
Each team needs a minimum of 5 players on it to particpate in the tourney
Each team needs someone to record the rounds

Teneb:
I like the idea, and would like to take part in it. I do not know, however, if lag would be a problem for me since it's been ages since I've played in a server outside my country.

jester:
Generally playing outside your country = horrendous lag issues.

That said you can record demos of games without having to resort to youtube, there is a thing ingame to do it with (not the thing that records your last life).

Comp tf2 is generally played in 2 ways: 6v6 limits being 1 medic, 1 demo, 1 heavy and 2 of anything else or highlander which is 9v9, 1 of each class.

adwarf:
It doesn't have to be uploaded to Youtube just somewhere so everyone can watch the videos of the rounds.

Mongol13524:
Will we be running a weapon whitelist, or a blacklist? Either way, I could compose it. Max players per team should be 9, and restricted to the highlander format. 7 or less players should more similar to a 6v6. What system will you use for scoring on attack/defend or payload maps? Where will the server be? Who will host it? An award for most kills is an absolutely terrible idea. It doesn't really matter who records the demo, aside from how powerful their computer is.

If the above concerns are addressed, I'm in as an EU demo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version